Qtek 9090 Audio in phone calling is very Bad.

Search This thread
I

ispir2000@hotmail.com

MIC IS OK WHEN RECORD FOR NOTE ! BUT ON PHONE IT IS BAD :(

MIC IS OK WHEN RECORD FOR NOTE ! BUT ON PHONE IT IS BAD :(

Friends, I m from Turkey Istanbul and I m using a MDA III, it is new one. I have same problems who has them. but my microfon is working so perfect when I record for Note. it is just bad on phone calling.
I think to we need new phone software. me must look new one..
thank
ispir2000@hotmail.com
veysel
Istanbul TR,

HappyGoat

Retired Moderator
Feb 26, 2005
Amsterdam
Bumping this thread to see if anyone has found a solution to the Bad Mic problem.

Had some people tell me yesterday they could barely hear me while I was on the phone with them...is this a software problem?

Cheers,

HG. :)

rune

Mar 25, 2004
Hmm, yeah I'm left handed. And if that hole next to the reset hole is the mic then I see the problem blocking the microphone with my hand. DOH!

DaftMule

Mar 3, 2005
Oxfordshire
paulmc said:
start/settings/system -> microphone AGC, turn it off so that it doesn't change the microphone sensitivity.

When I go to this setting on my phone, it just has the words "Enable" and "Disable" under the description blurb about what it does...BUT I cannot select either. Tapping on them does nothing. Almost as if this option is disabled :?:

stef007

May 10, 2005
Too bad.... the radio upgrade to 08 does not seem to work for me:-(

Unbelievable they sell such a low quality phone...

stef007

May 10, 2005
Hi Tikkel,

ok, I installed the 1.40 CE ROM. See below for my configuration. Sadly, it did not solve the bad audio problem...

Is it possible the problem lies in the ext rom? That's about the only thing differing from your config.

Best regards (groeten),
Stef

stef007

May 10, 2005
Ok, I tried the 1.40.147 ext rom. No result :(

The Qtek9090 is a pretty cool device. Too bad the phone sound quality makes my qtek a piece of junk.

Perhaps I'm forgetting something, anyone any idea?

stef007

May 10, 2005
Hi tikkel,

I now have the exact same firmware versions as you. I suppose some qtek9090's are worse or better than others.

Thanks anyway for the help! Much appreciated.

Regards,
Stef

GaMeR64

May 16, 2005
Netherlands
I am also having this problem. It has this problem as long as i have my 9090. About 7 months. NOTHING seems to solve the problem. I have tried so much different roms. The only rom that seems to solve the problem is the "ROM 1.22.126WWE" from the qtek.nu site. It also says at the info "Fix för ljudproblem (mic)" so it seems that will solve it. But every update later than this one doesn`t seem to have it fixed. Only rom i haven`t tried yet is the 1.40 rom because it is cooked.

stef007

May 10, 2005
GaMeR64,

thanks for the tip, but that version also did not solve my 'mic' problem.

Best regards,
Stefan

GaMeR64

May 16, 2005
Netherlands
I have not yet received any complaints from my callers. I had a 2020 from my old boss in that had some similar noise when i used a BT headset sometimes. Especialy when i got near gas stations or somthing like that. Could it be a BT stack problem?