[Q] scalable icons in zooper

Search This thread

Barud

Mar 2, 2014
Hi,
This is a complete newbie question.
I am new to android, so pardon me for this naive issue.
I can see very nice themes in themer where they have used icons in widgets.
But, in my zooper, i only have weather and battery icons. I downloaded some iconset from devianart (like ipapun.deviantart.com/art/Devine-Icons-Part-2-141129260) and put it in zooper icons folder, but zooper is unable to access it.

Any idea what I am doing wrong?

kwerdenker

Apr 1, 2010
Probably the Zooper Forums
Hi,
But, in my zooper, i only have weather and battery icons. I downloaded some iconset from devianart (like ipapun.deviantart.com/art/Devine-Icons-Part-2-141129260) and put it in zooper icons folder, but zooper is unable to access it.

Zooper needs iconsets that are prepared to be used with it. Have a look through this thread to find icon sets that are already setup in the correct way: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2084070. Be alert to the fact that Zooper has two icon set modules: scalable for font based icon sets and bitmap for picture based icon sets. You have to add the appropriate module to your Zooper widget to use an icon set of a type.

Also many people just use icon fonts like Font Awesome or Android Developer Font directly to render icons in their widgets. These are used by adding a font module, selecting the font and then entering the character that renders the icon you want.

Reactions: Barud

Barud

Mar 2, 2014
Hi,
As I checked the thread you suggested, it shows that most of the icons are conditional, with either charging or weather. So, taking hints from that, I tried to create a iconset with file structure :
Code:
── config.xml
└── icons
    └── Mail.png

and put it inside a tar-zipped file, name mono.zip.
The config.xml is:
Code:
<config>
<title>mono</title>
<description>Monochrome icons</description>
<icons>icons</icons>
<image>Mail.png</image>
</config>

I have placed the file in Internal Storage/zooper/IconSets But I am still unable to make zooper recognize it.
The file is also attached.
Kindly advice.

Attachments

• mono.zip
    5.1 KB · Views: 309

kwerdenker

Apr 1, 2010
Probably the Zooper Forums
Hi,
As I checked the thread you suggested, it shows that most of the icons are conditional, with either charging or weather. So, taking hints from that, I tried to create a iconset with file structure :
Code:
── config.xml
└── icons
    └── Mail.png

The config.xml is:
Code:
<config>
<title>mono</title>
<icons>icons</icons>
<image>Mail.png</image>
</config>

I have placed the file in Internal Storage/zooper/IconSets But I am still unable to make zooper recognize it.
Kindly advice.

You XML is only partial Zooper compliant. Check this page what the different tags mean and also see the two pages linked on it to get a better understanding how Zooper iconsets are configured.

Reactions: Barud

Barud

Mar 2, 2014
Thanks a lot! I have managed to make my first icon set. No small deal for 2nd week in android!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

Zooper needs iconsets that are prepared to be used with it. Have a look through this thread to find icon sets that are already setup in the correct way: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2084070. Be alert to the fact that Zooper has two icon set modules: scalable for font based icon sets and bitmap for picture based icon sets. You have to add the appropriate module to your Zooper widget to use an icon set of a type.

Also many people just use icon fonts like Font Awesome or Android Developer Font directly to render icons in their widgets. These are used by adding a font module, selecting the font and then entering the character that renders the icon you want.
    Hi,
    Code:
    ── config.xml
    └── icons
        └── Mail.png

The config.xml is:
    Code:
    <config>
    <title>mono</title>
    <icons>icons</icons>
    <image>Mail.png</image>
    </config>

Kindly advice.

You XML is only partial Zooper compliant. Check this page what the different tags mean and also see the two pages linked on it to get a better understanding how Zooper iconsets are configured.