New SIII charging port, now won't connect to pc (windows 8.1)

Search This thread

KrazyKanuk36

Feb 22, 2014
Prior to my SIII having charging/syncing problems it would connect to my Windows 8.1 PC without issue. When I started having charging/syncing problems I had the USB charging port replaced by a local store. Since then it won't connect to the PC for me to transfer files to the S|D card or the phone itself, phoned the store where I had it done and was told it should be the same driver. I connected my girlfriends S3 to my PC went into device manager and uninstalled the drivers for the phone and then disconnected hers re-installed the drivers still won't connect (but hers will without issue and it same make model phone only difference is the cell provider) did a windows update and it installed some Samsung drivers, but still won't connect to PC. I should mention it won't connect to PC but it will charge the phone. I tried shutting phone down pulling battery and waiting a few minutes replacing battery and powering on phone also rebooted the PC and still the same issue it won't connect to PC. All I get is USB device not recognized error. Would just having my old USB charging port changed and a new one soldered on change which drivers are used to connect it to the PC? Is there anything else I could try that would let me connect and transfer files to the SD card or the phone?

KrazyKanuk36

Feb 22, 2014
I assume you tried different cables and a Win7 machine?

Different cables yes (including stock cable for a SIII mini which was bought for girlfriends daughter about 2 weeks ago and that had same issues). Only tried the windows 8 laptop for thats was where i did all my charging syncing before and it had no issues until the usb port became damaged and then replaced by the store here.

audit13

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
Based on what you have tried so far, I would conclule that the port was not properly installed.

jimchee

Mar 17, 2010
I would second that, if all of the sync points aren't properly soldered then it could charge but won't sync

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk