[Q] Download mode stuck

Search This thread

Daveasaurus

Feb 1, 2011
Hi guys,

Long-time phone rooter/XDA reader, first time posting.
It seems I have finally come across a problem I can't fix by insane amounts of googling and trial&error.

I am currently on some Kitkat custom ROM variant with CWM 6.0.4.4

I'm looking to get back to stock, but my download mode refuses to open. Its stuck at the blue dots screen. (attached picture for clarity)
I've let it sit there overnight, with no change.
I've attempted to use the LGMobile Tool (even this method), but when it reboots my phone, the phone sits on the "LG" screen, and the LG tool eventually errors out ("communication error").

Recently, I managed to back myself into a corner after (incredibly idiotically) accepting an OWA, when my recovery was corrupt, and my download mode would not even open then - and i had to use some bizarre method of commands in Linux to be able to get TWRP on, then flashed CWM and them my ROM.

So what can I do now? I'm assuming my download mode is corrupt - is there a way to flash a good download mode onto the phone?

Any thoughts/input greatly appreciated.

edit:

Ok looks like I have understimated myself.

I used THIS tool to extract my KDZ, to get the LAF file (then renamed it to laf.img)
I then used the instructions from HERE to flash to the correct place.
It did not reboot into download like the thread said it would, but I did a manual download mode entry (while off, hold Volume Up + insert USB) and viola!
I am now currently using the LGMobile tool to go back to stock :)

Attachments

• IMG_20140527_071406.jpg
    IMG_20140527_071406.jpg
    228.2 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:

NBreunig3

May 26, 2014
Hi guys,

Long-time phone rooter/XDA reader, first time posting.
It seems I have finally come across a problem I can't fix by insane amounts of googling and trial&error.

I am currently on some Kitkat custom ROM variant with CWM 6.0.4.4

I'm looking to get back to stock, but my download mode refuses to open. Its stuck at the blue dots screen. (attached picture for clarity)
I've let it sit there overnight, with no change.
I've attempted to use the LGMobile Tool (even this method), but when it reboots my phone, the phone sits on the "LG" screen, and the LG tool eventually errors out ("communication error").

Recently, I managed to back myself into a corner after (incredibly idiotically) accepting an OWA, when my recovery was corrupt, and my download mode would not even open then - and i had to use some bizarre method of commands in Linux to be able to get TWRP on, then flashed CWM and them my ROM.

So what can I do now? I'm assuming my download mode is corrupt - is there a way to flash a good download mode onto the phone?

Any thoughts/input greatly appreciated.

edit:

Ok looks like I have understimated myself.

I used THIS tool to extract my KDZ, to get the LAF file (then renamed it to laf.img)
It did not reboot into download like the thread said it would, but I did a manual download mode entry (while off, hold Volume Up + insert USB) and viola!

Hey thanks for the post. My download mode will not go past the 5 blue dots screen. I am trying to return to stock but I get the same download mode error. I am rooted and have TWRP installed. This download mode error has happened before. I fixed it by flashing CM and then going into download mode and it worked! But my TWRP is getting an error when installing any rom. It fails and installation and says error executing updater binary. I just need to fix download mode or TWRP. Any help would be great.

maksuperlink

Aug 28, 2013
How to Connect in ADB ?

Hi guys,

My phone is also stucked same as yours, How you connect your phone is adb mode. My Phone just show download stuck screen and have no recovery. Any help would be really appreciated.