Vibrate rattle.

Search This thread

kenikh

Nov 18, 2009
Like someone said, It's the camera lens.

i had this same issue with my iPhone 4 when i had it about 5 months ago, I didn't like the noise. Tracked the noise down and when i tap on the camera area the iphone would make a noise. If you tap near the camera area of he Lumia 900 it will start making a rattling noise. thus = camera lens.
No. Wrong. Its the vibrator. I had my phone spread across a table with a pinpoint stethoscope. Camera and vibrator are right next to each other so it is an easy assumption to make but the lens is not the culprit.

markd66

Mar 10, 2006
My 900 has just gone back to Nokia for repair for the vibration rattle, and the clicking screen in the top right hand corner. When I reported the fault to them, their first response was for me to book a warranty repair. No "have you reset, have you done this or that" nonsense. As soon as I said it was rattling when the vibrate function was used they said "you'll have to send it to us for repair".

Of course, what the service people do when they get hold of it may well be a different matter, but at least the front line didn't try and pretend there wasn't a problem....

Sep 30, 2010
They just shipped me out a new phone because my speaker blew...I didn't know it was company policy to replace a faulty phone with a used phone (they sent me a used phone with only a cheap piece of plastic covering the screen).

jimski

Jan 11, 2009
Florida
My 900 has just gone back to Nokia for repair for the vibration rattle, and the clicking screen in the top right hand corner. When I reported the fault to them, their first response was for me to book a warranty repair. No "have you reset, have you done this or that" nonsense. As soon as I said it was rattling when the vibrate function was used they said "you'll have to send it to us for repair".

Of course, what the service people do when they get hold of it may well be a different matter, but at least the front line didn't try and pretend there wasn't a problem....
Looks like you will be getting a couple drops of hot melt. One for each issue.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Nokia are pretty good at fixing hardware issues.. someone should bug them on their NokiaUSA fb page and also their twitter account. If they get enough complaints, hopefully they will do something about it.

Also, start a thread here:

http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/t5/Nokia-with-Windows-Phone/bd-p/Nokia_with_Windows_Phone
    Here's a long overdue follow up.

I finally cracked open my Lumia 900 after breaking the screen and needing to replace it. I had nothing to lose since AT&T wouldn't cover the phone's screen and insurance deductible was the same price as the part...anyhow...

The rattle is 100%, unequivocally, without a doubt and with 6sigma certainty coming from the vibrator mechanism soldered to the main board. This mechanism sits directly to the side of the camera mechanism.

With the phone 100% disassembled, I was able to manipulate the parts in my fingers and test each and every parts the culprit. It is the vibrator motor and it cannot be fixed without extreme measures, like desoldering it from the board for inspection.

The cause is as simple as a crappy part Nokia OEMed from someone else.

BTW...totally different mechanism from the 800. After having been inside both, its pretty clear to me the 800 is a MUCH higher overall quality device than the 900. If the 800 had LTE and FF cam, it would kill the 900.

Anyway...bottom line: if your phone rattles, it is not user serviceable. Take it back.

If anyone wants pics, lemme know and I'll post them.