[BOOTLOADER] [4.3] JWR66V 4.23 Now Has Flash able Zip!

Search This thread

atlharp

Jan 21, 2012
Newton
OnePlus 7T
You could download the factory image for your device, unzip and flash boot loader image 4.23 using fastboot...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Yeah, they could do that but alot of people don't feel comfortable doing fastboot. If you are flashing ROMs you should know how to fastboot, but not everyone is at that level yet.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

bsoplinger

Jan 17, 2011
Or for people like me who don't have a PC handy it means getting access to one. Doable but a PITA. I especially hate the root device xxx with this handy all in one program and then getting odd looks when I ask but what if I don't have a PC laying around ;)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

dictionary

Dec 3, 2009
Yeah, they could do that but alot of people don't feel comfortable doing fastboot. If you are flashing ROMs you should know how to fastboot, but not everyone is at that level yet.

You should feel MORE comfortable using fastboot. Less chance for error. It's way safer. People are just too lazy to invest the time into learning. Not you specifically, but a lot of people who just want flashable zips. Some don't have a PC but I still don't know how many people legit have 700 dollar phones and no computer at all. *shrug

Reactions: Ciphersbak

Ciphersbak

Feb 16, 2013

If people using android don't feel comfortable using fastboot then my suggestion to them is to move to IOS :sly::D:cool:

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Hackerlacka

Feb 11, 2011
Just wrote this really long text and it all disapeared. Will try to re-write it.

Edit: I'm planning to upgrade to android 4.3 on my Nexus 7 and feel a bit uncertain about a few things. First of all, I'm currently on bootloader 4.13 and I wonder, do I have to be running 4.23 bootloader for 4.3 ROM to work? If I would like to update my bootloader do go firstly to 4.18 and then 4.23 or can I go directly 4.13 to 4.23? Lastly will my bootloader lock if I update it or will it stay unlocked? Thanks in advance :) !

Skickat från min Nexus 7 med Tapatalk 4 Beta

Last edited:

bsoplinger

Jan 17, 2011
Some don't have a PC but I still don't know how many people legit have 700 dollar phones and no computer at all. *shrug
Plenty of legit people who have $700 phones have a computer but they may not have a PC. The entire world, despite Bill Gates desire, does not run Windoz.

azoller1

Aug 4, 2011
My Room
OnePlus 8T
And guys I'm still on the 3.41 boot loader and running android 4.2.2 just fine so it really doesn't matter unless an issue was fixed for the boot loader itself

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Reactions: dparrothead1

atlharp

Jan 21, 2012
Newton
OnePlus 7T
And guys I'm still on the 3.41 boot loader and running android 4.2.2 just fine so it really doesn't matter unless an issue was fixed for the boot loader itself

Just flashed it and I am still on the 4.18 bootloader. I will probably fastboot the new bootloader once the floodwaters recede enough to get back to my house and the internet is back on. Thanks again....:thumbup:

dparrothead1

Mar 13, 2011
Florida

Yeah, I'm still on 3.34 and just flashed Clean ROM 4.3. Running like a champ, although I do miss my AOKP Ribbons.:D

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 05:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:17 PM ----------

Just flashed it and I am still on the 4.18 bootloader. I will probably fastboot the new bootloader once the floodwaters recede enough to get back to my house and the internet is back on. Thanks again....:thumbup:

You must live in NC.......

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

dictionary

Dec 3, 2009
Plenty of legit people who have $700 phones have a computer but they may not have a PC. The entire world, despite Bill Gates desire, does not run Windoz.

So? I fastboot flashed the bootloader with my Hackintosh, and could have with my Linux box as well.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Since i cant seem to make a flashable zip right now im just going to tell how to install it using Fastboot
    But if i ever do find a way to make it flashable i will post it here right away

1. Download The ADB and Fastboot Tools: HERE
    2. Download The 4.23 Image File: HERE
    2a. Rename The File To "4.23.img" so take off a .img
    2b. Put The IMG File In Where Your Fastboot Files Are
    3. Reboot To Your Bootloader On You Nexus 7 (Power off power button and volume down until you see bootloader screen)
    4. Connect Your Nexus 7 To Your Computer
    5. Open Up Command Prompt
    6. CD to where your fastboot tools were downloaded
    maybe: C:\Users\Alex\Downloads\platform-tools
    7. Then type:
    fastboot devices (to see if its connected correctly)
    fastboot flash bootloader 4.23.img
    fastboot reboot
    8. Then Reboot Back To Your Bootloader And See If It Installed Correctly

FLASHABLE ZIP HERE 4.23 Bootloader- DOWNLOAD DOESNT WORK.....

Dont Forgot To Press Thanks! Enjoy!

IF FASTBOOT DIDNT WORK FOR YOU DOWNLOAD THESE FILES: HERE
    THEN FOLLOW THESE INSTUCTIONS: HERE
    flashable zip

Hi there,

here´s another try of a flashable zip for recovery for the 4.18 bootloader ;) !

hope it works ...:D
    updated to 4.23 bootloader, flashable zip should work
    Re: [BOOTLOADER][4.2.2] JDQ39 Flashable ZIP 4.18 Bootloader IMG In Recovery

Will post a new one soon

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2
    I just learned the coolest trick that for me makes fastboot flashing much easier. I'm on Windows 8 and my default platform tools location is a mile long and I always type it wrong. I just learned that you can open the file you want to be in, hold shift, right click, open command prompt here... Who knew? So simple, and I had no idea that shortcut existed!

Thanks for giving us quick access to the new bootloader, flashed fine in fastboot.