Guide: Flashing Verizon/AT&T Roms(List of Confirmed Roms)

Search This thread

mikeyinid

Sep 4, 2010
Boise
Re: Guide: Flashing Verizon/AT&T Roms

No, how do you like it? How's the battery life? Maybe I'll give it a go tonight.

I've owned every phone you can imagine. Literally. And it's one of the best stock based roms I've ever seen. And the developer is badass. If you find a problem he fixes it. 1.4 should be dropping tomorrow and is gonna have some cool new features. As far as battery life, I've been off the charger for about 12 hours and with 2 hours screen on I'm at 74%. No complaints.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda premium

Reactions: micahman

Tiffany84

Inactive Recognized Themer
Jul 27, 2010
I've owned every phone you can imagine. Literally. And it's one of the best stock based roms I've ever seen. And the developer is badass. If you find a problem he fixes it. 1.4 should be dropping tomorrow and is gonna have some cool new features. As far as battery life, I've been off the charger for about 12 hours and with 2 hours screen on I'm at 74%. No complaints.

I agree. Tweaked is a great rom and so is the developer. If your looking for a rom that doesn't stray far from the stock look CleanROM is a great choice but if your looking for something that also has some really cool mods baked in like TSM Parts then I highly recommend Tweaked . It's great on battery life to. Jedi is a really good rom as well. Haven't tried any Verizon or Sprint Roms. I also really like Novella which is an AT&T rom.

tigerz0202

Apr 16, 2010
slidell, la.
So if the Rom dont include a modem then u just flash as normal. Seems like there could be room for error here, flashing roms that are not made for your device could lead to a soft bricked device and cause the kernel to go into bootloops. I would at least flash a tmobile kernel along with any Rom I chose to flash

shane1diamond

Jun 18, 2011
Hawaii
Just wanted to say you really shouldn't even need to flash a modem unless the rom your wanting to flash contains a modem. If the rom contains a modem then you'll need to flash a T-Mobile modem otherwise you will still have the same modem you had before flashing.

Was gonna say the same thing

I second cleanrom by far the best rom for our phones IMO.

So if the Rom dont include a modem then u just flash as normal. Seems like there could be room for error here, flashing roms that are not made for your device could lead to a soft bricked device and cause the kernel to go into bootloops. I would at least flash a tmobile kernel along with any Rom I chose to flash

Sorry All im out of thanks otherwise you would have received one from me for these very useful posts! Clean rom was the rom i was wanting to try but wasnt sure if i could. thank you all for the clarification on that and on modem. Also where might i find the tweaked rom you speak of? att or verizon? Thanks!

Last edited:

jeremyandroid

Dec 28, 2010
Picayune

Agreed, Im not a dev and dont claim to be and im not a port master. First off you may sooner or later run into unforeseen issues such as aps fc or gps not locking , loss of data unexpected or loss of cell service possibly. Now you may fair out ok with doing this with the t.mo/att gsm phones. But going to where the coding is different such as Verizon/Sprint and I'm assuming partitions you stand a high chance to ME for a permanent break and not just a soft brick. I would be scared to try it. I have heard of a patch that some Verizon user's use as they have used my roms. But I would love for a dev to step in a set the record straight as they could shed light in it for us all.

JDEVIL ZODIAC POWERED ROMS

micahman

Sep 1, 2011

Sounds awesome. I'm going to try it after work. Thanks man!

badpanda

Dec 29, 2011
NYC/Stamford

It didnt Work with ROM jellybomb from sprint... something about it could not encrypt device and ask to reboot and then the same thing happened...no bueno.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: jeremyandroid

omar m5

Jan 4, 2011
Cheney, WA
Hey guys, I have tried the CleanRom from att thread but when I got to aroma I chose Tmobile modem but the recovery keeps restarting .. any idea ??

jeremyandroid

Dec 28, 2010
Picayune

Hey guys, I have tried the CleanRom from att thread but when I got to aroma I chose Tmobile modem but the recovery keeps restarting .. any idea ??

Probably because the framework and apns and cnc and jars and build prop are conflicting from att to t mobile and add libs to that if you try a Sprint or Verizon versions lol good look to everyone on here that listens to this guide. Sorry to say . You will end up with breaking something permanent.

Im pulling away from this waste of time .Dont say I didn't warn against this method. No disrespect to OP just my opinion

Last edited:

Tiffany84

Jul 27, 2010

Probably because the framework and apns and cnc and jars and build prop are conflicting from att to t mobile and add libs to that if you try a Sprint or Verizon versions lol good look to everyone on here that listens to this guide. Sorry to say . You will end up with breaking something permanent.

Im pulling away from this waste of time .Dont say I didn't warn against this method. No disrespect to OP just my opinion

CleanROM has been updated to 4.5 which now supports T-Mobile. All you have to do is choose T-Mobile in the Aroma Installer. I've flashed it several times and it runs flawless on my T-Mobile GN2. As far as the partition layouts being different. From what I've read (I could be wrong) the only LTE Galaxy Note 2 that has any differences is the Sprint version but I thought it only had to do with the recovery. Not 100% sure though. I seem to forget things pretty quick:p
I'll try and look to see where I read that and post it but I'm almost positive I read that in one of the TWRP threads.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 11:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 PM ----------

Sorry All im out of thanks otherwise you would have received one from me for these very useful posts! Clean rom was the rom i was wanting to try but wasnt sure if i could. thank you all for the clarification on that and on modem. Also where might i find the tweaked rom you speak of? att or verizon? Thanks!

Tweaked Rom is in the same section as this. It's for the T-Mobile GN2

Last edited:

js663k1

Dec 19, 2012
CleanROM has been updated to 4.5 which now supports T-Mobile. All you have to do is choose T-Mobile in the Aroma Installer. I've flashed it several times and it runs flawless on my T-Mobile GN2. As far as the partition layouts being different. From what I've read (I could be wrong) the only LTE Galaxy Note 2 that has any differences is the Sprint version but I thought it only had to do with the recovery. Not 100% sure though. I seem to forget things pretty quick:p
I'll try and look to see where I read that and post it but I'm almost positive I read that in one of the TWRP threads.

---------- Post added at 11:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 PM ----------

Your talking apples and oranges here. We are not talking about Roms that say they are set up for multiple carrier use. We are talking about Roms that are set up for a specific carrier and just using the method as OP states to flash. Sure roms will work fine if the OP sets it up in Aroma...

shane1diamond

Jun 18, 2011
Hawaii
Thanks Tiffany!

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2[/QUOTE]

Tiffany84

Jul 27, 2010

Your talking apples and oranges here. We are not talking about Roms that say they are set up for multiple carrier use. We are talking about Roms that are set up for a specific carrier and just using the method as OP states to flash. Sure roms will work fine if the OP sets it up in Aroma...

I was responding to another post. I think what the op says is perfectly fine in most cases.

---------- Post added at 02:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:42 AM ----------

Thanks Tiffany!

[/QUOTE]

Your welcome

tigerz0202

Apr 16, 2010
slidell, la.
If the Rom supports tmobile then theres nothing special about flashing it , it would be the same as any other rom. Its one thing to have a Rom or two work but dont go telling people it will work for every rom thats all im saying. Id be careful in doing this and would only use ROMS that are confirmed working

mj23kb24

Dec 23, 2010
Pueblo
If the Rom supports tmobile then theres nothing special about flashing it , it would be the same as any other rom. Its one thing to have a Rom or two work but dont go telling people it will work for every rom thats all im saying. Id be careful in doing this and would only use ROMS that are confirmed working

Okay well how about we make this threada place to confirm which Roms work and don't. Jellybeans 9 works and from my understanding that is the most Verizon based ROM out.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys I just thought I would share that I have successfully flashed both AT&T Rom along with a Verizon Rom (JellyBeans 9). I know the AT&T one is a little more known however I couldnt find one to do with Verizon. So all you have to do is download the Rom of your choice and flash it, then you have to flash the Tmobile Modem and you should be set to go! Hope this helps some people as I contemplated flashing a Verizon Rom on my Note 2. I have also tried International Roms with no luck sadly. This is a community based thread and I couldnt do it without some of the help from you guys, everyone deserves the "Thanks" I get!

Find stock Modem here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2102380

Caution: This is not an official guide its just something I have found after flashing some ROMs I personally THINK MAJORITY of the ROMs should work but I take no responsibility for bricks.

I am going to start a list of Confirmed Roms if you have a Rom from a different carrier then please tell me and I will update the list, Thanks!

Verizon Roms:
    Jelly 'Beans' - Build 14 - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2032447

Eclipse - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2128604

AT&T Roms:
    Beanstock: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=42111260

ParanoidAndroid Halo: http://rootzwiki.com/topic/40116-42...droid-capable-of-hybrid-mode-hello-halo-0618/

CleanROM ACE 4.5 - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1986893

JDEVIL MA6 - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2129031

JellyBeer - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2106244

Unofficial JellyBam - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2069164

Rootbox - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2127807

Novella Dos - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2111117

Unlocked Roms:

Wanam Lite - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2125101

Agreed, Im not a dev and dont claim to be and im not a port master. First off you may sooner or later run into unforeseen issues such as aps fc or gps not locking , loss of data unexpected or loss of cell service possibly. Now you may fair out ok with doing this with the t.mo/att gsm phones. But going to where the coding is different such as Verizon/Sprint and I'm assuming partitions you stand a high chance to ME for a permanent break and not just a soft brick. I would be scared to try it. I have heard of a patch that some Verizon user's use as they have used my roms. But I would love for a dev to step in a set the record straight as they could shed light in it for us all.

Yeah the csc files were changed still a no go this rom is really nice a lot of work put into it wish someone can help get it working I would really appreciate it

Definitely looks like a sweet ROM with a ton of features. .:thumbup:

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

How bout myself and tiffany84 get you guys some goodness the right way ;)

Tiffs an old friend of our team and has asked me some questions about the rom. So I figured I would see what you guys had going on over here.

I will start on it tomorrow with my Verizon build.

Give me some time and I'll see what I can do for ya.

Edit, what's the most current stock build yall have? So I get the right one.

I agree. Tweaked is a great rom and so is the developer. If your looking for a rom that doesn't stray far from the stock look CleanROM is a great choice but if your looking for something that also has some really cool mods baked in like TSM Parts then I highly recommend Tweaked . It's great on battery life to. Jedi is a really good rom as well. Haven't tried any Verizon or Sprint Roms. I also really like Novella which is an AT&T rom.