Did gigili stop making rom ports?

Search This thread

Slowbalt

Oct 29, 2010
Chicago
Hey @gigili I read in one of your posts that you had decided to stop making ports of roms. If that is true, then it is a sad day. I love your work and am always checking for new roms that you port over. If you have stopped, is there a way that you could privately send links to the people who really like your ports?

A fan,
Slowbalt

Tulsadiver

Recognized Contributor
Jul 11, 2013
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Hey @gigili I read in one of your posts that you had decided to stop making ports of roms. If that is true, then it is a sad day. I love your work and am always checking for new roms that you port over. If you have stopped, is there a way that you could privately send links to the people who really like your ports?

A fan,
Slowbalt

Sad but it looks like it is true. I am a big fan as well. It seems too many people were unkind about his work and he closed his account. I sure would have liked to have gotten the Nemesis 2.0 rom that he ported ( I have the 1.5). The link that was posted for the 2.0 version is corrupt and won't download properly. Most excitement I've had since I got my S4 was playing with his ported roms and waiting to see what he was going to do next..

R

richii0207

His account got disabled for kanging/porting and asking for donations from It.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2625229 has more info.

He did not "close" his account, please please do not answer a question if you don't know the answer.
Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app

joshm.1219

May 7, 2013
Philadelphia
His account got disabled for kanging/porting and asking for donations from It.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2625229 has more info.

He did not "close" his account, please please do not answer a question if you don't know the answer.
Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app

Yupp on one hand you can look at it as a guy porting roms for people who normally wouldn't know how to do it themselves, on the other hand you don't ask for donations for ports. You tell people to donate to the actual developer. That's how it's always been...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk