Feedback from a bigger screen

Search This thread

throne64

Jan 25, 2012
Hey guys,

I'm really interested in this phone and I've been reading many threads here. Althought I saw some small comments and feedback from the owners of the Z1C, I haven't seen any major issues with the screen size. I currently have a nexus 4 with its 4.7 inch and I was wondering if I could hear more from the people that came from a 4.7 inch or bigger to the Z1C. I have the chance to buy this phone, but the screen is holding me back. How does it feel to use a 4.3 inch?

P.S.: HTC One owners are specially welcome to comment
P.S.: Does the phone have object removal?

Thank you for the attention and hope I haven't posted on the wrong topic! :p

Last edited:

KL643

May 28, 2009
@40000ft
Just go to the store and see for yourself...that's what I did. I've owned the Nexus 4, moved to S4, moved on to HTC One and now i'm on the Z1C. To me the screensize is perfect. It's easier to control with one hand and for me it's still big enough.

Reactions: throne64

Riyal

Dec 16, 2011
Iloilo City
I am a former HTC One owner. Sold my HTC One for the 2 reasons, that I wanted Xperia Z1 Compact than the HTC One and because of the purple tint issue(Check the purple tint thread in Q&A forum on that section I am one of the first to notice that issue). Although I might not be the right person you want to ask feedback for since I am a fan of small phones rather than large ones. I only bought the HTC One cause I got no choice that time lol! And instantly jumped back to Sony because of this small beauty. For my feedback... Screen is superb :)

What do you mean by object removal? Are you talking about the Zoe feature of HTC One that can remove objects? If so Z1 Compact does have a feature like that. But it's a little bit limited compared to HTC One. What I meant by limited is that you don't have any control on whether to remove an object or not. The phone automatically removes all the objects that move unlike the HTC One where it shows the objects that can be removed and you can just click it to remove it.

Hey guys,

I'm really interested in this phone and I've been reading many threads here. Althought I saw some small comments and feedback from the owners of the Z1C, I haven't seen any major issues with the screen size. I currently have a nexus 4 with its 4.7 inch and I was wondering if I could hear more from the people that came from a 4.7 inch or higher to the Z1C. I have the chance to buy this phone, but the screen is holding me back. How does it feel to use a 4.3 inch?

P.S.: HTC One owner are specially welcome to comment

Last edited:

_katho_

Jan 24, 2010
Came from HTC One, bought the Z1 Compact, love it, the perfect phone at the moment, unless you want a phablet.
Before HTC One I had iPhones for 6 years. The first Android-phone fulfilling my requirements (build quality/feel) was the HTC One, and it was a descent size/performance at the time of it. But Z1 Compact is perfect right now.

Fantastic size, superior batterylife, great screen, faster than a bullet etc..

Last edited:

rumthin

Jul 26, 2011
Toronto
I'm coming from a N4 as well.

It really depends what you use your phone for and how big a phone you're willing to carry around.

I use my phone mainly for calls, txt, and email. I'll occasionally use it for games, web browsing, and youtube vids, so for me, I'm really not sacrificing much going to a smaller screen.

The big factor for me was the size of the phone. The Z1C isn't THAT much smaller than a N4, but for me, the slightly smaller size makes a world of difference.

IMO, If you consume a lot of media on your phone, switching to a smaller screen might not be worth it.

ro_explorer

Dec 3, 2010
Stockholm
I had HTC One before the Nexus 4 ... and a bunch of other phones before that :) ...
I currently have these 3, all functional (the defy is about to be decommissioned :) but I placed it next to the other two just for the sake of comparison).

To put it in few words: the Z1C is the best phone I ever had in terms of overall score.
Here are my toys :)

Attachments

• DSC05510.jpg
    DSC05510.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 70

throne64

Jan 25, 2012
I had HTC One before the Nexus 4 ... and a bunch of other phones before that :) ...
I currently have these 3, all functional (the defy is about to be decommissioned :) but I placed it next to the other two just for the sake of comparison).

To put it in few words: the Z1C is the best phone I ever had in terms of overall score.
Here are my toys :)

Thank you a lot for the picture! I'm from the USA and I can't go anywhere here to have them compared. As some people here said, the difference between the Z1C and N4 is not really that much. But I'm still leaning towards the Z1C because comparing it with a HTC One, I can see how big the difference is. I'm not much into big phones ( but I admit that the Htc One is amazing)

Open question: Would anybody mind telling me how many and which are the modes of the camera? Did you have to root the Z1C to have any of them? No need to describe them all, it's just I've been seeing many reviews and they are all different: some have sphere mode, sphere 360, motion shot and others don't. I've also seen that some developers here are managing to port the features from the Z2. Are you all having sucess on it?

Sorry for all the question. For me there is a lot to consider before the final decision.
And thanks again for the replies! Really helpfull!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just go to the store and see for yourself...that's what I did. I've owned the Nexus 4, moved to S4, moved on to HTC One and now i'm on the Z1C. To me the screensize is perfect. It's easier to control with one hand and for me it's still big enough.
    I am a former HTC One owner. Sold my HTC One for the 2 reasons, that I wanted Xperia Z1 Compact than the HTC One and because of the purple tint issue(Check the purple tint thread in Q&A forum on that section I am one of the first to notice that issue). Although I might not be the right person you want to ask feedback for since I am a fan of small phones rather than large ones. I only bought the HTC One cause I got no choice that time lol! And instantly jumped back to Sony because of this small beauty. For my feedback... Screen is superb :)

What do you mean by object removal? Are you talking about the Zoe feature of HTC One that can remove objects? If so Z1 Compact does have a feature like that. But it's a little bit limited compared to HTC One. What I meant by limited is that you don't have any control on whether to remove an object or not. The phone automatically removes all the objects that move unlike the HTC One where it shows the objects that can be removed and you can just click it to remove it.

Hey guys,

I'm really interested in this phone and I've been reading many threads here. Althought I saw some small comments and feedback from the owners of the Z1C, I haven't seen any major issues with the screen size. I currently have a nexus 4 with its 4.7 inch and I was wondering if I could hear more from the people that came from a 4.7 inch or higher to the Z1C. I have the chance to buy this phone, but the screen is holding me back. How does it feel to use a 4.3 inch?

P.S.: HTC One owner are specially welcome to comment

Came from a Nexus 4, no problem what so ever to adjust to the Z1C.
    Came from HTC One, bought the Z1 Compact, love it, the perfect phone at the moment, unless you want a phablet.
    Before HTC One I had iPhones for 6 years. The first Android-phone fulfilling my requirements (build quality/feel) was the HTC One, and it was a descent size/performance at the time of it. But Z1 Compact is perfect right now.

Fantastic size, superior batterylife, great screen, faster than a bullet etc..
    I'm coming from a N4 as well.

It really depends what you use your phone for and how big a phone you're willing to carry around.

I use my phone mainly for calls, txt, and email. I'll occasionally use it for games, web browsing, and youtube vids, so for me, I'm really not sacrificing much going to a smaller screen.

The big factor for me was the size of the phone. The Z1C isn't THAT much smaller than a N4, but for me, the slightly smaller size makes a world of difference.

IMO, If you consume a lot of media on your phone, switching to a smaller screen might not be worth it.