Unresponsive (bricked??) HTC Touch Pro 2. Help please.

Search This thread

i<3myphone

Jul 4, 2009
Charleston, SC
Ok, so I have encountered something NONE of us EVER want to encounter. My phone has died. :( It will NOT boot up on battery power and is now cycling in the tri-color screen over and over again. It does this when plugged into USB port and wall outlet. I have the HTC Euro stock ROM on the SD card in the phone, trying to get it to reflash. It gets to the screen : "loading" and "checking" ....but then boots down again and cycles all over again.

I flashed the NRG 10/11 Photon ROM. I have the first HRDSPL from Olinex. My phone is the Euro version, unlocked, unbranded. I use TMobile in the US. .

Please, there has GOT to be someone out there that can help me. You guys are really sharp!! Please ....I need my phone!

I cannot even do a hard reset either. I push the power, send and end button all at the same time. I get no response.

What are my options here? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

pnxsinned

Feb 8, 2008
Venlo
Ok, so I have encountered something NONE of us EVER want to encounter. My phone has died. :( It will NOT boot up on battery power and is now cycling in the tri-color screen over and over again. It does this when plugged into USB port and wall outlet. I have the HTC Euro stock ROM on the SD card in the phone, trying to get it to reflash. It gets to the screen : "loading" and "checking" ....but then boots down again and cycles all over again.

I flashed the NRG 10/11 Photon ROM. I have the first HRDSPL from Olinex. My phone is the Euro version, unlocked, unbranded. I use TMobile in the US.

Please, there has GOT to be someone out there that can help me. You guys are really sharp!! Please ....I need my phone!

I cannot even do a hard reset either. I push the power, send and end button all at the same time. I get no response.

1: So if when you pull out your battery it goes off. And on reinsert, when you try to turn on or hardreset ie: hold the TALK/SEND, END and POWER buttons until you see this message on the screen.

"This operation will delete all your personal data, and reset all settings to manufacturer default. Press VolUp to restore manufacturer default, or press other keys to cancel."

At that point you release the buttons and press Volume up to perform.

It doesnt do anything?

2: As soon you do the AC adapter in or USB power, it starts cycling on his own? If not, try to hardreset then.

3: If you wait like 30 minutes, with cycling on USB on PC, can it hardreset out hisself? Ive readed another guy who had issues and somehow it fixed itself.

henh

Oct 28, 2007

I flashed the NRG 10/11 Photon ROM. I have the first HRDSPL from Olinex. My phone is the Euro version, unlocked, unbranded. I use TMobile in the US.

sorry to hear that, have you tried taking the battery out for few minutes & re-insert it in then connect your phone to PC to see if it let you re-flash again?
good luck m8

Loco5150

Jun 8, 2008
People are reporting the same thing after doing slide to reboot with NRG's 10/11 Photon ROM... Go check that topic, you are not alone.

i<3myphone

Jul 4, 2009
Charleston, SC
1: So if when you pull out your battery it goes off. And on reinsert, when you try to turn on or hardreset ie: hold the TALK/SEND, END and POWER buttons until you see this message on the screen.

"This operation will delete all your personal data, and reset all settings to manufacturer default. Press VolUp to restore manufacturer default, or press other keys to cancel."

At that point you release the buttons and press Volume up to perform.

It doesnt do anything? I can never get to that point. It does nothing. I see nothing on the screen. It just keeps cycling.

2: As soon you do the AC adapter in or USB power, it starts cycling on his own? If not, try to hardreset then. Again, I cannot hard reset.

3: If you wait like 30 minutes, with cycling on USB on PC, can it hardreset out hisself? Ive readed another guy who had issues and somehow it fixed itself.
I waited all night long for it to do that. No luck. :(

Now I get to the point where I see where it recognizes my .nbh file and has a splash screen. BUT......it will not go any further past that now. I press the power button to continue, but it just cycles again and the whole process starts over. I see a reallllllllllllly quick sliver of the update bar, but it disappears fast b/c of the recycling process.

Please dont give up on me. Thanks.

Reepurr

Sep 1, 2009
I saw in another thread that you have tried removing your SIM card with no success. Have you tried without the SD card as well?

Also, does pressing the hardware reset button under the battery cover do anything?

Last edited:

i<3myphone

Jul 4, 2009
Charleston, SC
I saw in another thread that you have tried removing your SIM card with no success. Have you tried without the SD card as well?

I do not have the SIM card in there. I never have flashed with a SIM card in there. Always read to take that out when you do that.

The SD has to be in there b/c it is the only thing that has a shot of getting the ROM to the phone. Active Sync wont connect b/c phone keeps powering on/off with its cycling issue. So the SD card must be present with the .nbh file on it. I am just in hopes that it will read it somehow. I am sooooo tired of pressing the power button for it to continue, only to have it turn right back off.

ps, reset button does nothing either. :(
ugh.

Loco5150

Jun 8, 2008
Aaah sorry, didnt remeber who was talking about it... There were few cases like that if I remeber correctly...

Ive been here since TyTN, does it make 4yrs or something? I have never heard anything like this.. Because the phone goes to the 3 color screen mode, Im pretty sure someone with skills will come up with a solution, but it might take time though...

Last edited:

i<3myphone

Jul 4, 2009
Charleston, SC
Aaah sorry, didnt remeber who was talking about it... There were few cases like that if I remeber correctly...

Ive been here since TyTN, does it make 4yrs or something? I have never heard anything like this.. Because the phone goes to the 3 color screen mode, Im pretty sure someone with skills will come up with a solution, but it might take time though...

So the 3 color screen mode. Exactly what is its purpose and why does it keep cycling over and over and over?

Reepurr

Sep 1, 2009
The SD has to be in there b/c it is the only thing that has a shot of getting the ROM to the phone. Active Sync wont connect b/c phone keeps powering on/off with its cycling issue. So the SD card must be present with the .nbh file on it. I am just in hopes that it will read it somehow. I am sooooo tired of pressing the power button for it to continue, only to have it turn right back off.

Certainly, but I was curious to find out if taking the SD card out had any effect on the cycling or your ability to hard reset.

Loco5150

Jun 8, 2008
I always flash with SIM and memory card (as I use UC almost everytime) and never had any problems with any device.

PM the board guru's about this and you will learn more in a single message than you will from this topic in a week.

Loco5150

Jun 8, 2008
Last post maybe came out little harsh. I only meant that your problem sounds so serious, that you should contact the gurus before you do something that could even make the matter worse...

i<3myphone

Jul 4, 2009
Charleston, SC
Last post maybe came out little harsh. I only meant that your problem sounds so serious, that you should contact the gurus before you do something that could even make the matter worse...

Hey, it's ok. I didnt take it as harsh. I have contacted cmonex. I am in hopes she can help me out. I need to put an APB out on ALL GURUS!!

Actually, that is why I posted here. ;)

MadBeef

Aug 29, 2009
I've noticed during the flashing process it doesn't take power from USB. What is the status of the battery? It occured to me that it might be power cycling because it's going to a part of the process that only takes power from battery and there isn't enough to do what it wants to do. (+50% ?)

Just a thought ... good luck dude I hope you get it sorted.

i<3myphone

Jul 4, 2009
Charleston, SC
I've noticed during the flashing process it doesn't take power from USB. What is the status of the battery? It occured to me that it might be power cycling because it's going to a part of the process that only takes power from battery and there isn't enough to do what it wants to do. (+50% ?)

Just a thought ... good luck dude I hope you get it sorted.

Yes, I thought of that as well. But I had it plugged in all night...but I have no idea if it charged b/c I cant see the screen that gives the battery's status. ?? So, I dont know how to get around this part of it. I KNOW for a fact that my battery was low when the phone died. I dont know how to get it charged back up to do this type of diagnostic test.....??

MadBeef

Aug 29, 2009
Maybe it's not getting a proper charge if all it's doing is looping ... I figured you wouldn't be able to get battery status after I posted haha :) ... But it is interesting you said the battery was low when this all happened.

Do you know anyone near you that can lend you a fully charged battery? Does it boot up immediately if you take SD card out, put battery back in and plug in USB power? If you can't get it to where the phone is off and charging with orange light then a spare battery could be worth a try.

Don't worry dude I'm sure cmonex or olipro will have far more useful advice but no harm trying in the meantime :)