ROM: Galaxy Exhibit 4G Peach Sunrise 3.01

Search This thread

Wildchld

Jun 29, 2007
Miami
Hmm..Maybe I'm not the only one with signature issues?

Well the md5 matches and i re flashed the recovery through usb adb instead of downloading over WiFi and flashing with terminal now my latest UOT kitchen zip flashed okay, however I'm using that htc android kitchen to sign my ROM zip files and it still fails. The htc kitchen script worked fine with all the other non htc phones I've worked with (mostly LG). Maybe this kitchen is outdated or not compatible with the Exhibit II? I thought that CWM might still be more universal.

I'm just looking for an easy way to automatically build the script and sign the ROM. If this htc kitchen is having issues doing that I may have to look for another method.

If your using the kitchen there are edits you need to make. Look in the galaxy w development section using the kitchen. There updater-script edits

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=21441837

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Wildchld

Jun 29, 2007
Miami
Ooh so does this mean new rom. An what about miui anyone?!

via Dan swagger

Yes Dan Kemikl is working on one and I have one but can't get my daughter to give up her phone long enough for testing. It's pink themed after alexia's Pinkalicious
but I don't believe dev'ers should release themed Roms leave that to the themers. Once tested and unthemed I'll release it. Now back on topic for this thread Sunrise

Last edited:

dswaggz

Jun 12, 2010
Yes Dan Kemikl is working on one and I have one but can't get my daughter to give up her phone long enough for testing. It's pink themed after alexia's Pinkalicious
but I don't believe dev'ers should release themed Roms leave that to the themers. Once tested and unthemed I'll release it. Now back on topic for this thread Sunrise

Awesome but jus steal phone or trade her for a week Jk but see if she goes for it but yes bacc to PSunrize I need some sun n my life

via Dan swagger

KemikalElite

Jan 28, 2011
Google Pixel 3
OnePlus 7 Pro
If your using the kitchen there are edits you need to make. Look in the galaxy w development section using the kitchen. There updater-script edits

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=21441837

Thanks. I knew there were errors/incompatibilities. That thread should help me. I noticed the kitchen was acting weird with the updater script last night. Once I fix that I should be able to flash, test, and release the ROM. Hopefully my vanilla theme works. Now if only I could throw the TouchWiz lock screen out the window and replace it with a completely native AOSP one. It's only a matter of time before we get CM working.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk

Wildchld

Jun 29, 2007
Miami
Thanks. I knew there were errors/incompatibilities. That thread should help me. I noticed the kitchen was acting weird with the updater script last night. Once I fix that I should be able to flash, test, and release the ROM. Hopefully my vanilla theme works. Now if only I could throw the TouchWiz lock screen out the window and replace it with a completely native AOSP one. It's only a matter of time before we get CM working.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk

Np its busybox at the end that errors. CM7 or CM9 I'm hoping 9 but i know its prob 7 :)

jocala

Jul 4, 2010
Ocala
Hey jocala what is mmcblk0p16 if 6 is system and 17 is data? Cache?

Thanks

Sounds posted this in dev thread, aways back...

/dev/block/mmcblk0p1 secboot2 partition map
/dev/block/mmcblk0p2 dbl.mbn (boot loader)
/dev/block/mmcblk0p3 osbl.mbn (boot loader)
/dev/block/mmcblk0p4 MBR extended partition table
/dev/block/mmcblk0p5 EMMCBOOT.MBN (boot loader, has odin download mode)
/dev/block/mmcblk0p6 amss.mbn
/dev/block/mmcblk0p7 emmcparam.bin
/dev/block/mmcblk0p8 boot.img (linux kernel)
/dev/block/mmcblk0p9 adsp.mbn (baseband)
/dev/block/mmcblk0p10 rmt
/dev/block/mmcblk0p11 rmt
/dev/block/mmcblk0p12 persist.ext4
/dev/block/mmcblk0p13 recovery.img (linux kernel+initrd for recovery mode)
/dev/block/mmcblk0p14 param
/dev/block/mmcblk0p15 system.ext4
/dev/block/mmcblk0p16 cache.ext4
/dev/block/mmcblk0p17 data.ext4
/dev/block/mmcblk0p18 preload.ext4
/dev/block/mmcblk0p19
/dev/block/mmcblk0p20 all 0's
/dev/block/mmcblk0p21 all 0's
/dev/block/mmcblk0p22 all 0's
/dev/block/mmcblk0p23 all 0's
/dev/block/mmcblk0p24 all 0's
/dev/block/mmcblk0p25 all 0's
/dev/block/mmcblk0p26 all 0's
/dev/block/mmcblk0p27 efs (encrypted fs)
/dev/block/mmcblk0p28 /mnt/sdcard

Reactions: Wildchld

Wildchld

Jun 29, 2007
Miami
Thanks been reading too much with my phone and must have skipped over it

KemikalElite

Jan 28, 2011
Google Pixel 3
OnePlus 7 Pro
The FIRST RULE of XDA is never ask for an eta :) Ask around if you doubt me :)

I'm gonna be Mr.Technical here.

Correction: The first rule of CyanogenMod is never ask for ETAs.
The first rule of XDA is search before posting.

I'm fixing the kitchen for Samsung phones and I just realized that the version I had was so old it was missing the samsung files for the galaxy w/sgs phones. Good thing I upgraded.

It also looks like they're just starting to build non-working CM9 alphas for the galaxy w.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1460738

Reactions: Wildchld and jocala

free2saute

Oct 5, 2010
Los Angeles
Will there be a video how to add cwm with odin i am having a hard time getting it to work great work guys keep up the great effort I really appreciate you're work

Wildchld

Jun 29, 2007
Miami
Will there be a video how to add cwm with odin i am having a hard time getting it to work great work guys keep up the great effort I really appreciate you're work

Use adb download terminal from the market and follow instructions
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=20888069

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Peach Sunrise is the first custom ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Exhibit. Based on stock UVLG3, it's deodexed, zipaligned, rooted, very lightly themed and uses a custom kernel. A CWM-based Recovery is required for installation. The industry spyware program Carrier IQ has been removed. This ROM is based on Samsung stock UVLG3 and is NOT vulnerable to USSD Dialer Attacks!

Everything that works with stock works with Peach Sunrise.

You can swap your internal and external sd storage using the included SwapSD app.

ADW Launcher is default. This launcher is highly themable, with many hundreds of themes (including ICS) downloadable from the Market.

EStrongs FM, Voltage Control, DSPManager and CIFSManager are included in the ROM.

V6 SuperCharger is included.

The stock WallpaperChooser has been modified exposing 30 new Wallpapers from Samsung, previously hidden in the source code!

Extra features include busybox, bash shell, terminal, init.d support, rc.local support, remount script. Additionally, adb now supports root access, allowing you to do things from your command line that were not previously possible.

Video review of the Galaxy Exhibit & Peach Sunrise by TheGeekRedneck

Download Peach Sunrise 3.01 Android 2.3.6 HERE
    Download Mirror

Kernel sources

Installation

CWM Keys:
    Home key = enter
    Back key = back
    VolUp/Dwn = highlight choice

1. Back up your data. The installation will format your data partition. I suggest Titanium Backup, available in the Market.

2. Download the peach.sunrise zip file & copy to either your internal or external sd card.

3. Install Galaxy Exhibit 4G Custom Recovery (cwm) . If you're already rooted, you may install from the command line, otherwise you may install from Samsung's Recovery. Samsung's recovery only sees the internal SD, so copy the cwm zip there. Stock recovery sometimes takes more than one try to start.

Easy way to start recovery
    * Make sure the cwm zip is on your internal (non-removable) sd.
    * Pull the battery from your phone.
    * Connect phone to your pc via usb.
    * Press & hold Volume-up
    * Insert battery

Your phone will boot into recovery. Press the capacitive menu button (left bottom button) when you see the open white box and droid. Choose 'apply update from sdcard' and select the cwm zip file.

4. Start Custom Recovery (cwm): Press & hold Vol-Up, then press & hold Power. Shortly after the plain white Samsung logo appears, release both buttons. Recovery should start after the color Samsung/T-Mobile Exhibit logo.

5. Select ROMwipe. This step is required! You will have problems if you do not install Peach to a clean system.

6. Highlight install zip from sdcard, then press Home.

7. Highlight 'choose zip from sdcard/external sdcard, depending where you placed the download in step 2.

8. Highlight the peach.sunrise zip file, then press Home.

After you confirm your choice, installation should take less than three minutes.

Big Thanks to Camcory for his assistance with the extended menu for this release!

Remember to do a Nandroid Backup when you're happy with your setup!

Bloat
    Peach Sunrise has been de-bloated, meaning that most of the junk that
    T-Mobile/Samsung includes to eat up your phone's storage has been removed.
    If you need some of that stuff back, download the bloat file below, it's all in there.

bloat.peach.3.zip
    Mirror

======================

As always, you install at your own risk. No guarantees or warranties are made or given. YYMV. Caveat Emptor, etc.

=============================
    Attachments
    =============================
    Default home screen

Photograph: Taken in August, 2011 at New Smyrna Beach, FL with a Nikon D300.
    Links & Information

Useful links and information HERE
    Galaxy Exhibit 4G discussion HERE
    Galaxy Exhibit 4G Wiki HERE
    ClockworkMod 5.5.0.4

I've rebuilt our recovery image to include ClockworkMod 5.5.0.4. Thanks to Wilson and arco68 and of course Koush!

Download HERE

copy the cwm zip file to /mnt/sdcard and flash with recovery (stock or other).

Easy way to start recovery

1. Make sure the cwm zip is on your internal (non-removable) sd.
    2. Pull the battery from your phone.
    3. Connect phone to your pc via usb.
    4. Press & hold Volume-up
    5. Insert battery

Your phone will boot into recovery. Press the capacitive menu button (left bottom button) when you see the open white box and droid. Choose 'apply update from sdcard' and select the cwm zip file.

You can also flash via dd at a root prompt. You'll need recovery.img, contained in the cwm zip file This is considered to be advanced, but actually, it's quite easy.

Code:
    adb shell
    su
    dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p13
    reboot recovery
    cwm keys: home,back, vol-up,vol-dn
    peach.v2.rc1.zip

peach.v2.rc1.zip

I expect that this will actually be 2.0, unless someone posts something show stopping.

Very heavily debloated.
    swapsd included
    terminal included
    V6 SuperCharger included.
    DSPManager included.

To swap your internal and external sd:
    open terminal.
    type "su" to become root.
    enter swapsd external to swap OR
    enter swapsd default to return to normal.
    reboot.
    This is only done once.
    The change is persistent until you swap it back.
    Please note than cwm does not recognize swapping.

Currently, SuperCharger is not initially activated. I'll probably have a default active at boot in the future.

To activate Supercharger, open terminal and enter su.
    When you have a "#" prompt, enter v6.
    A reboot is required after you exit the v6 script.
    Peach Sunrise 3.00

Peach Sunrise is the first custom ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Exhibit. Based on stock UVLG3, it's deodexed, zipaligned, rooted, very lightly themed and uses a custom kernel. This release is not vulnerable to the tel:ussd dialer exploit. A CWM-based Recovery is required for installation.

Download Peach Sunrise 3.00 Android 2.3.6 HERE
    Download Mirror 1
    Download Mirror 2

Big Thanks to Camcoryhttp://xdaforums.com/member.php?u=4450173 for his assistance with the extended menu for this release!