Samsung Galaxy Note 2 release date set for October 2012

Search This thread

Zamboney

Feb 20, 2012
I don't believe for one second that he has any legitimate sources of information. Now, some of his guesses may be correct, but they're just guesses. To many errors and mistakes in the text to treat seriously.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: DaanJordaan

rowee270

Feb 19, 2012
Obviously english isn't their first language so I wouldn't call it a credible source. But then again the asian markets might know more than we do.

And I could imagine an extra 0.2" screen added to the current design without increasing the phone's size.

Since the Note was designed as a niche product I doubt they planned a 1 year turnaround for the next version. I don’t think a Note 2 that only brings it up to speed with the Galaxy S3 is enough of an upgrade. But Samsung do seem fast in pumping out the hardware so who knows?

I just wish they fix the issues with the Note 1 first!

darthmaul40

Mar 14, 2012
I think that the information within the post is quite reasonable and possible the only thing that I think might not happen is the timescale.

I can not see any evidence of a credible source so I think like others this is speculative. I do like the picture and the general philosophy I think that if it is not true then Samsung should take some notes.

erikwervo

Sep 27, 2008
Jakarta
well i dont think galaxy note 2 will be out october.
samsung galaxy note 10" is around the corner. most probably thats gonna be the only note variant that we will see this year. but who knows :cool:

vcespon

Dec 10, 2007
Madrid
Screen could be bigger without increasing final device size... So, It could be great!

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

+1

What about removing the half-centimeter plastic above the screen where the SAMSUNG logo is? It's already on the back cover, we don't need so much publicity, this is not a formula 1 car.
Iphones do not have "Apple" printed in the front and back.

panyan

Oct 4, 2010
XDA Forums
the design is horrendous!

the note is a lovely black square slab of stylish professionalism

the gs3 is a polished plasticky childs toy and now theyre gonna ruin the note 2 :mad:

daxmedflax

Nov 4, 2011
Oslo
I opened link to read the "article". Got as far as the very first line; 'When the Galaxy Note 2 will released...' and closed the browser. SMH. Spam blog

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA

Pavel7

Apr 25, 2009
+1

What about removing the half-centimeter plastic above the screen where the SAMSUNG logo is? It's already on the back cover, we don't need so much publicity, this is not a formula 1 car.
Iphones do not have "Apple" printed in the front and back.

+2
There's plenty of room for improvements, like sticking the speaker to the top.

Akiainavas

Mar 26, 2012
Basingstoke
"The Galaxy Note 2 design will be similar to its smaller bother, the Galaxy S3 and above you can see an image to get an idea how it will look like."

I hope not...although it seems very likely. I really hate this "pebblish" look of S3, and i hope Note 2 won't share that look.

"What about removing the half-centimeter plastic above the screen where the SAMSUNG logo is? It's already on the back cover, we don't need so much publicity, this is not a formula 1 car.
Iphones do not have "Apple" printed in the front and back."

Maybe not, but have you seen the size of iPhone's 4 top and bottom bezel ? Why is it so big ? ( Apple: to leave space for magical and revolutionary 4" display. World: wow, apple invented 4 inches size, amazing! )

Last edited:

izi_

May 21, 2010
That is kinda funny some of you ppl not even get full use of first Note but already buying second version :)

Mize

Apr 30, 2007
Predecessor? That'd be quite the trick to have the GN2 come before the GN!

janice1234

May 24, 2012
I seriously hope this is not true, as much as I want the Note 2 I have to say its too soon, less than a year is just just too soon and also sends out the message ,'note 1 was a failure but since we see potential we release a Note 2 in less than a year'.

If this happens its gonna upset so many consumers who just bought the Note 1. Hoping that this article is not true I have to say, I'll believe it when I see it.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

fail? i think you are refer to yourself then. go get a life dude :cool:

g2tegg

May 12, 2011
The Hammer
Dual core processor and 1.5Gb of ram? Please. S3 is quad core. Samsung would be a fool to release a top notch phone (I wouldn't be surprised if the Note 2 will have as much hype as the S3) with last years technology. Especially with the rumors of LG releasing a quad core / 2Gb ram phone sometime this year.
This articles are a useless. Unless there is evidence of hardware being manufactured or even a bezel these rumors are such a waste of time. Remember the iPhone 5 rumors? Bigger screen, more ram bla bla bla. Apple release a 4s.

kailashnj

Nov 1, 2007
I am game for the note 2 if there are features of S3 and a slightly bigger screen with a 4000MAH battery and still they are able to keep the overall size like the current note.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2 release date set for October with Exynos 5250 processor

When the Galaxy Note 2 will released and will Samsung be able to surprise the world again?

The Galaxy Note 2 release date is set to October 2012 and it will feature slightly larger display 5.5-inch display and dual-core Exynos 5250 processor.

It’s been over half a year since the Galaxy Note was released and over 7 million units are sold worldwide and Samsung plans to sell around 10 million Galaxy Notes. Due to its incredible success Samsung has started to work on its predecessor the Galaxy Note 2.

Information about upcoming Galaxy Note 2 is limited but we know its name and when it will be released but the rest is mystery. We know that the Galaxy S3 will be inspired from the Galaxy S3 so it will look similar and feature the same technologies and services like S Beam, S Voice, NFC, SmartStay and others.

It is reported that the Galaxy Note will have slightly larger 5.5-inch display with WSXGA+ (1680×1050) and 360 pixel density. Why no Full HD resolution? Human eye can’t perceive separate pixels if the pixel density is over 300 ppi, it means that going above it is pointless. The Galaxy Note 2 will feature Super AMOLED (non-Plus) display from PenTile matrix family because these displays last longer and are more power efficient that true RGB AMOLED Plus displays.

Before the Galaxy S3 was announced, there were rumors that it will have the Exynos 5250 processor which is built on latest ARM Cortex-A15 CPU processor architecture but that didn’t turn out to be true. Samsung has Exynos 5250 processor on its arsenal and it would be logical to use it for the Galaxy Note 2 due to its performance and power efficiency.

The Galaxy Note 2 will have 8-megapixel camera with improved lens and image sensor for better images and videos. RAM will be increased to 1.5 GB and the 4G LTE connection will come by default for international version.

The Galaxy Note 2 design will be similar to its smaller bother, the Galaxy S3 and above you can see an image to get an idea how it will look like. Last two devices, the Galaxy S3 and Focus 2 clearly shows where Samsung is going with its industrial design.

The Galaxy Note 2 release date is scheduled for October 2012
    The release date of the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 is not yet confirmed and could be inaccurate as we are few months away from its debut. Once we will know more about the Galaxy Note 2 and its release date we will let you know so consider subscribing to our Facebook or Google+ page to find out more.

source
    This is basically a spam blog meant to generate page views.

The author literally just made **** up for hits. He has nothing to go on but speculation.
    Dual core processor and 1.5Gb of ram? Please. S3 is quad core. Samsung would be a fool to release a top notch phone (I wouldn't be surprised if the Note 2 will have as much hype as the S3) with last years technology. Especially with the rumors of LG releasing a quad core / 2Gb ram phone sometime this year.
    This articles are a useless. Unless there is evidence of hardware being manufactured or even a bezel these rumors are such a waste of time. Remember the iPhone 5 rumors? Bigger screen, more ram bla bla bla. Apple release a 4s.

The dual-core Exynos 5250 is Samsung's most advanced SoC, much better than the quad-core Exynos 4412 in the S III. Definitely NOT last year's technology.
    You guys really didn't learn anything from the S3 did you? :p

Weeks before it got released people said "OMG! I bet it has 89 cores, 549 megapixels and a teleporter!". It's still the same year, and Samsung won't magically find a unicorn with some hidden alien tech inside it.

My bet it that it'll have the same internal specs as the S3. Done.

- Screen: Haven't seen or heard about a 1080p SAMOLED, so i guess they'll stick with the same 720p like today

- Screen size: 5.3" - 5.5"

- CPU/GPU: Same as S3 or if we're really lucky, the 5250 w/ Mali T604 running at 1.5 - 1.6 GHz.

- Body: Maybe a few mm thinner than today's model.

- Camera: Still 8 Mpx with better optics/software
    This is only speculation the 'reporter' can't even write properly and there are no source attached

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2