[Q] Bootloader is all I have

Search This thread

Maurix-NL

Apr 24, 2014
Hi guys, Noob-alert! Please let me know if I'm in the wrong place here.. I don't want to annoy you guys. :)
I got a HTC One from a friend that he bricked, at least that's what he thinks. I said I might be able to find out more and I got the phone into the bootloader with the bright light and all that.

Since I have no idea where to start and what kind of ROM's and other stuff the guy has used, I'd like some proper guidance into getting this phone into original condition, if that's still possible. He used this phone with a Canadian Rogers plan.

Attachments

• IMAG0531.jpg
    IMAG0531.jpg
    262.4 KB · Views: 83

Maurix-NL

Apr 24, 2014
Oh yeah, Recovery doesn't work. It reboots and gives me the phone icon with the red "!" triangle.

Is factory reset a good start?

seanicca

Jan 29, 2011
Stockport
Amazon Fire TV
Oh yeah, Recovery doesn't work. It reboots and gives me the phone icon with the red "!" triangle.

I'm not 100% sure but when entering recovery you select recovery then have to press and hold power and volume up and you should then get yellow text at the bottom of screen about sd card or something similar then it'll open recovery

sorry cant be more help

Maurix-NL

Apr 24, 2014
I'm not 100% sure but when entering recovery you select recovery then have to press and hold power and volume up and you should then get yellow text at the bottom of screen about sd card or something similar then it'll open recovery

sorry cant be more help

Thanks, but unfortunately I can't select anything. It goes to a black screen right away and then I get the phone icon with red triangle. :(

bored_stupid

Jul 10, 2011
Hereford

Recovery does work, that's just stock recovery you have on the phone. Once in the red triangle screen press volume + up and or down to enter recovery. You might have to try this a few times..
Your phone is also re locked so you need to unlock it from htcdev. Just follow the instructions. . Can you post a fastboot getvar all please.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Maurix-NL

Apr 24, 2014
Recovery does work, that's just stock recovery you have on the phone. Once in the red triangle screen press volume + up and or down to enter recovery. You might have to try this a few times..
Your phone is also re locked so you need to unlock it from htcdev. Just follow the instructions. . Can you post a fastboot getvar all please.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Thanks! Do I need to unlock it before I try the recover procedures? Is this the link and instructions I have to follow? htcdevDOTcom?

(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.56.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 4A.22.3263.14
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 4.06.1540.3
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
(bootloader) serialno: HT36AW911785
(bootloader) imei: xxxxxxxxxx
(bootloader) meid: xxxxxxxxxx
(bootloader) product: m7_ul
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
(bootloader) modelid: PN0712000
(bootloader) cidnum: ROGER001
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 4311mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: dirty-bee46337
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0

Last edited:

bored_stupid

Jul 10, 2011
Hereford
Thanks! Do I need to unlock it before I try the recover procedures? Is this the link and instructions I have to follow? htcdevDOTcom?

Your friend seems to have installed the US Google edition rom on the phone..
To get back to stock rogers use this RUU

http://www.htc1guru.com/dld/ruu_m7_..._10-38r-1157-04l_release_351317_signed_2-exe/

If you prefer another rom. Go to htcdev and get an unlock code and follow the instructions. Once unlock you can fastboot a recovery for your phone. I recommend TWRP 2.6.3.3.. but one step at a time.. What would you like to do

Reactions: Maurix-NL

nkk71

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
May 26, 2010
Beirut

I'm curious, were you able to unlock using HTCdev.com?

Maurix-NL

Apr 24, 2014

If you prefer another rom. Go to htcdev and get an unlock code and follow the instructions. Once unlock you can fastboot a recovery for your phone. I recommend TWRP 2.6.3.3.. but one step at a time.. What would you like to do

You sir, are my HERO! Thank you so much, it's back to stock now and works great.
A new question: It's asking for a SIM network unlock PIN which probably means that i''s SIMlocked. I don't have a Rogers SIM so I need to get that unlocked.
The actual question; how can I get rid of the lock without having to pay for it? (I found some websites that can provide you a code and stuff like that.)

I'm willing to root/flash and stuff like that.. but I need a clear guide so I don't screw up. :)

I'm curious, were you able to unlock using HTCdev.com?
I haven't tried this yet since I first wanted it back to the original state.

Last edited:

Maurix-NL

Apr 24, 2014
So I found out that my question was pretty dumb. :) Apparently I can only get it unlocked with a code. Which created a new question:
Will my phone get any regular HTC One future updates when it's unlocked? Maybe another dumb question, but well..

bored_stupid

Jul 10, 2011
Hereford
What sim carrier are you with. Your Rogers phone will still get the updates providing you have not modified it, ie installed custom recovery or custom Rom.

It will still receive updates and even download them with just a custom recovery installed, it just won't apply them.

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:
Reactions: Maurix-NL

Maurix-NL

Apr 24, 2014
Hey Guys, here I am back with another M7. I tried running the same RUU exe but it doesn't seem to work. Can someone please point me in the right direction? Your help is much appreciated!

M7 UL PVT SHIP S-OFF RH
CID-ROGER001
HBOOT-1.44.0000
RADIO-4T.35.3218.16
OpenDSP-v35.120.274.0718
eMMC-boot
Apr 12 2013, 12:10:45:-1

Last edited:

alray

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 22, 2012
Hey Guys, here I am back with another M7. I tried running the same RUU exe but it doesn't seem to work. Can someone please point me in the right direction? Your help is much appreciated!

M7 UL PVT SHIP S-OFF RH
CID-ROGER001
HBOOT-1.44.0000
RADIO-4T.35.3218.16
OpenDSP-v35.120.274.0718
eMMC-boot
Apr 12 2013, 12:10:45:-1

Post your fastboot getvar all.

Maurix-NL

Apr 24, 2014
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.44.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 4T.35.3218.16
(bootloader) version-main: 1.29.401.12
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-OFF
(bootloader) serialno: SH3AAW901489
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 4296mV
(bootloader) security: off

alray

May 22, 2012
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.44.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 4T.35.3218.16
(bootloader) version-main: 1.29.401.12
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-OFF
(bootloader) serialno: SH3AAW901489
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 4296mV
(bootloader) security: off

What version do you want to use? Should be easy to flash anything you'd like since its s-off. International, developer edition, Google Play edition, Rogers ?

alray

May 22, 2012
Thank you alray, I appreciate you taking the time to help me out!

I'd like to flash it back to stock Rogers, please!
@Maurix-NL Edit 2: Everything is fine now, you can proceed with these files and instructions.
Edit: Wait a minute, I,ve linked the wrong firmware file. I'll get back to you in a few minutes...
Download this file, this file and this one save them in the same folder where you already have adb and fastboot on your computer.

First, you'll have to update your firmware so your phone can accept the latest Rogers RUU:
Code:
fastboot oem rebootRUU
fastboot flash zip Firmware_7.17.631.52.zip
fastboot reboot-bootloader

and finally flash the Rogers RUU:
Code:
fastboot oem rebootRUU
htc_fastboot flash zip PN07IMG_M7_UL_L50_SENSE60_MR_Rogers_WWE_7.17.631.52_Radio_4T.35.3218.16_10.33Q.1718.01L_release_460206_signed_2_4.zip
fastboot reboot

Last edited:

Maurix-NL

Apr 24, 2014
@Maurix-NL Edit 2: Everything is fine now, you can proceed with these files and instructions.
Edit: Wait a minute, I,ve linked the wrong firmware file. I'll get back to you in a few minutes...
Download this file, this file and this one save them in the same folder where you already have adb and fastboot on your computer.

First, you'll have to update your firmware so your phone can accept the latest Rogers RUU:
Code:
fastboot oem rebootRUU
fastboot reboot-bootloader

and finally flash the Rogers RUU:
Code:
fastboot oem rebootRUU
htc_fastboot flash zip PN07IMG_M7_UL_L50_SENSE60_MR_Rogers_WWE_7.17.631.52_Radio_4T.35.3218.16_10.33Q.1718.01L_release_460206_signed_2_4.zip
fastboot reboot

Thank you very much! I'm going to give this a shot tonight. (currently at work, working on a Macbook)
One question though, I the htc_fastboot.exe the same as the adb/fastboot I used to do the getvar? Do I need to use this exe instead? Or am I talking rubbish?
Thanks again!

alray

May 22, 2012
Thank you very much! I'm going to give this a shot tonight. (currently at work, working on a Macbook)
One question though, I the htc_fastboot.exe the same as the adb/fastboot I used to do the getvar? Do I need to use this exe instead? Or am I talking rubbish?
Thanks again!

htc_fastboot.exe (that particular version) is needed at least to flash the RUU. Its a modded version of Google's fastboot.exe made by HTC because Google's fastboot can't handle files as large as this RUU (Lollipop RUU are larger than the previous versions and must now be flashed with htc_fastboot.exe).

Maurix-NL

Apr 24, 2014
htc_fastboot.exe (that particular version) is needed at least to flash the RUU. Its a modded version of Google's fastboot.exe made by HTC because Google's fastboot can't handle files as large as this RUU (Lollipop RUU are larger than the previous versions and must now be flashed with htc_fastboot.exe).

So I move the 3 files in the fastboot folder I currently have, right? When do I use the HTC exe? Or will that automatically be used when I run those commands?

Sorry about all the questions. I don't want to mess things up.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

http://www.htc1guru.com/dld/ruu_m7_..._10-38r-1157-04l_release_351317_signed_2-exe/

What sim carrier are you with. Your Rogers phone will still get the updates providing you have not modified it, ie installed custom recovery or custom Rom.

It will still receive updates and even download them with just a custom recovery installed, it just won't apply them.

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Okay, I tried again and it's giving me the FAILED (remote: not allowed) message.

At the top of the Bootloader it says "RELOCKED". Does that have to do with this?

Try another usb cable/usb port.

The relocked bootloader isn't a problem.