[KITCHEN][WWE][20.03.2010]Windows Mobile 6.1 21056/20779 Kitchen for Raphael GSM

Search This thread

Da_G

Inactive Senior RD / Moderator Emeritus
Aug 20, 2007
Riverside, CA
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
.dll's show different in a binary compare because they get relocated. this is the function of g'reloc and is expected behavior. relocation is required to port dll's from another device (as their memory locations would overlap otherwise, causing a no-boot situation)

You have to be able to look past the relocations when comparing, otherwise almost every file will be different in a binary comparison :)

.exe and .dll are missing? do you mean from folders like filename.dll\filename.dll and filename.exe\filename.exe? with s000 s001 etc in folders, if so, this is also expected, these are modules, raphaelkitchen has recmod.exe in \tools folder, (stands for "Re-Construct Modules") if you remove it, you will find these modules do not get re-created into files. it is not neccessary to have them as both files and modules (as only the modules get cooked in) only reason to have them as files is to move them to another rom/device/etc by just copying them in rather than cooking..

Da_G

Aug 20, 2007
Riverside, CA
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
OK, fixed the stupid sms issue, was a newer package i brought in from blackstone, note to self, newer not always better :)

uploading v6.2 which afaik works 100% now :p btw there was a power management change i made that could have caused the power issue. i reverted it for this build.

Last edited:

player911

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 8, 2006
Cincinnati
www.SnapSiteAdmins.com
super sweet. The power drain didn't occur in the original v6... only in the recent v6. Glad you found it cause my battery is dropping like 1% every couple minutes. It completely died around 12:30pm with absolutely no use today, off a full charge at 8am.

Upload that sucker and I can be happy!

[Edit] I was thinking. This build is 20764, which is older then what we've used in the past... right..... just with newer drivers? If so I wonder if anyone has tried to use the updated packages with 21014 or something.

Last edited:

Da_G

Aug 20, 2007
Riverside, CA
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Sure, you can easily swap around the packages and whatnot (or easier, just swap /SYS for 21014, and the update the various packages in \Packages)

I decided not to as 21014 is a pre-6.5 build and I already have a pre-6.5 kitchen :)

Besides, 21154 or newer should be leaking soon.. but i digress.

No issues so far in my testing, this build is looking great! I took the liberty of enabling the new "Information" tab in power options, but it doesn't look functional yet. (see screenshot)

attachment.php

Attachments

• pc_capture2.png
    pc_capture2.png
    19.3 KB · Views: 351

crazyC

Jul 25, 2006
Gravesend
Now if someone could just find a way of stopping the damn screen turning off during a call.....(have tried all the cabs/reg fixes I have seen)

Da_G

Aug 20, 2007
Riverside, CA
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
I know how to set the timer to a ridiculously long time for incoming calls, but it will still eventually turn off.. and outgoing turn off immediately. it's perplexing why they coded a feature that's so difficult to disable :p

hilaireg

Moderator Emeritus
Jan 20, 2009
Agreed,

Two biggest beefs:

1) Lack of In-Call Screen off control

You'd think it would have been coded with a Property page or something to allow customization.

2) Security

Nothing more anoying than having to key in the Password PIN just to look at the Today (Home) screen. I know, some of the XDA folks have created applets for this S2U2, TouchLockPro, etc. but you'd think someone at M$ would have figured that folks might want to see Today without having to unlock ... or at least offer a feature to display Today/Password screen when device is locked.

My Motorola MPx220 Smartphone (WM2003SE) locks the keyboard and still displays the Today (Home) screen. When pressing the Unlock SK, it displays the Password PIN screen.

player911

Sep 8, 2006
Cincinnati
www.SnapSiteAdmins.com
Doesn't that "NoSleep.cab" for the Raphael's work? I've heard good things about it... although I've also heard that the NoSleep.cab doesn't work in this newly released rom. It is annoying to hit the power button every few seconds to turn on the light to press the 7 key to delete voicemails. I understand the point, so your not pressing buttons with your ear. But the Slide2Answer fixes a lot of those issues.

The Samsung Epix did this... but at least the power button was on the side where your fingers are normally anyway.

[EDIT] @above - I know what you mean. I guess they have the white lock screen because the today screen displays schedules and information that may be deemed private. Would be neat, just so you could check if you had notifications without actually unlocking it.

Last edited:

hilaireg

Moderator Emeritus
Jan 20, 2009
Hi player911,

Not any more ... BTW, notice that the key in the CAB (at least my version of NoSleep.cab) differed from what was in the stock version of this ROM.

Noticed that pressing the Action (?) [center button] now activates the screen.

[EDIT] Agreed on the Privacy point ... but an option to show/not show would have been appreciated.

Last edited:

player911

Sep 8, 2006
Cincinnati
www.SnapSiteAdmins.com
Hi player911,

Not any more ... BTW, notice that the key in the CAB (at least my version of NoSleep.cab) differed from what was in the stock version of this ROM.

Noticed that pressing the Action (?) [center button] now activates the screen.

[EDIT] Agreed on the Privacy point ... but an option to show/not show would have been appreciated.

I noticed my screen came on during a call when I pushed the volume buttons while on a call. I hadn't noticed the Action button does it too. At least thats a doable solution. Trying to manipulate my hand to finger the power button is awkward.

Da_G

Aug 20, 2007
Riverside, CA
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Here are the keys relating to dormancy, they look to be fed to the radio rom by AT command during initialization:

Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\RIL]
"FastDormancyRule"
"FastDormancyTimeout"
"EnableFastDormantDisplayDuringCall"
"EnableFastDormancy"

Seems that support for fast dormancy can also be shut off per-operator with a registry key under that operators MCC-MNC, "SupportFastDormancy" - not quite sure where that one goes.

hilaireg

Moderator Emeritus
Jan 20, 2009
Thanks Da_G,

Still ramping up on WinMO knowledge; if this was a WinXP box, I'd run Dependency Walker, Filemon, and Regmon to see what gets called. :)

I'm not certain the RIL key is the culprit; i've a feeling the Light Sensor & G-Sensor both play a part in what's happening. I've been experimenting with the HKCU Backlight registry key values and I suspect some of those values are bit flags (ex: 0000 0101) as opposed to numbers (ex: 5).

Last edited:

crazyC

Jul 25, 2006
Gravesend
From looking at the various cabs, there are a number of places that could trigger it, including light and G sensors, as well as under phone and power I think. perhaps it needs all of them dealt with to work.

player911

Sep 8, 2006
Cincinnati
www.SnapSiteAdmins.com
Yea I can't quite figure it out. Sometimes when I dial VM... if I don't put the phone to my head... it stays on longer. The moment I move the phone towards my face the screen turns off.

It is a really neat feature but the power button placement is horrible for its use. All of the buttons should bring it back to life during a phone call. At least it would make it somewhat easier.

Doesn't the iphone detect the placement of your ear to distinguish when to turn the screen off? This would be next to impossible on our phones with the lack of MultiTouch.

wmserver

Nov 27, 2007
Da_G,
I got "Double package or .DSM found!!! copying only from Packages Folder!!!"
error from PkgToolsBuildos-5.3
I click "Go" after loading the Rom with all the default selection.

When I click "ok," I got "data exception" error.

Any ideas?
Thanks.

Da_G

Aug 20, 2007
Riverside, CA
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
A duplicate error just means it's not copying in the file because it's already in the image in \temp\dump. It copies out files in alphabetical order (ie. NetCF 35 comes before NetCF 2 in the list because there's a duplicate mscoree.dll file, NetCF35 is first so it keeps the newer one.) Or was it a duplicate .dsm error? I don't see any duplicate files, did you unrar it into a clean folder? I don't see any duplicates for that package.