Unresponsive (bricked??) HTC Touch Pro 2. Help please.

Search This thread

shadixs

Jul 2, 2009
I dont think you've bricked your phone since it still "have" it's bootloader (tri colour screen).

Try this :

Enter the bootloader.
- Remove battery
- Insert it again
- Hold the Volume Down button + power button
- Press reset button with stylus

You should now see the bootloader (tri-color screen) with 'serial' text on the bottom. Connect the usb cable to your computer. the "serial" should now change to "usb". Flash with a original ROM just to be safe.

i<3myphone

Jul 4, 2009
Charleston, SC
I dont think you've bricked your phone since it still "have" it's bootloader (tri colour screen).

Try this :

Enter the bootloader.
- Remove battery
- Insert it again
- Hold the Volume Down button + power button
- Press reset button with stylus

You should now see the bootloader (tri-color screen) with 'serial' text on the bottom. Connect the usb cable to your computer. the "serial" should now change to "usb". Flash with a original ROM just to be safe.

Yes....I have done all of that you you stated. I have also put the stock spl on there the Olinex has in their thread. BUT!!!! STILL. I have the tri-color screen. It will go NOWHERE even after all of that. It stays in the tri-color screen. Stock ROM is on there. STock spl is on there. But nothing loads it up.

And, no, I cannot charge the phone. It does not accept a charge. :(

I am close to calling HTC for warranty service. I just hope I am covered.

dbaser

Jan 23, 2007
Mobile, AL
Does "serial" change to "usb" when you plug in the sync cable? Just asking cuz you might have a bad usb port or cable if not....

MadBeef

Aug 29, 2009
Did you ever try a full stock flash via USB instead of SD?

But yeah if you managed to get stock ROM and SPL on there, warranty replacement should be OK. So it's a partial success I suppose :)

Not wanna try MTTY before you hand it back to HTC? :)

i<3myphone

Jul 4, 2009
Charleston, SC
Does "serial" change to "usb" when you plug in the sync cable? Just asking cuz you might have a bad usb port or cable if not....

yes, it does change.

Did you ever try a full stock flash via USB instead of SD?

But yeah if you managed to get stock ROM and SPL on there, warranty replacement should be OK. So it's a partial success I suppose :)

Not wanna try MTTY before you hand it back to HTC? :)

No one has showed me how to do mtty. I don't know a thing about it. I dont want to do it blind. I need hand holding on that one. For REAL.

jebuske

May 19, 2009
Lol, was just calling the repaircenter to have my device picked up. The girl at the phone told me to perform a hard reset while the device was still off. I did it and suddenly my phone was booting. It showed the normal TP2 bootscreen including red numbers. It went through the install procedure but after that my phone rebooted to bootloader again. I called them back and now they are comming to pick up my phone tomorrow.

Apr 2, 2008
Sussex County, DE
Touch Pro Problem

I stumbled upon this post researching my problem. However, my problem is that when I put the phone in the bootloader, and connect to the PC, it doesn't change from Serial to USB.

I've tried different computers and cables. The phone will charge, but not communicate in any way.

Can anyone think of a reason other than a bad usb port on the phone?

This problem just started yesterday, out of the blue. The phone works fine and will charge, but i can't do anything else.

I'm Confused??

i<3myphone

Jul 4, 2009
Charleston, SC
UPDATE

Thanks. I am gun shy. lol. I downloaded it, but the first step didn't work. I gave up fast. Real fast. :eek:

Lol, was just calling the repaircenter to have my device picked up. The girl at the phone told me to perform a hard reset while the device was still off. I did it and suddenly my phone was booting. It showed the normal TP2 bootscreen including red numbers. It went through the install procedure but after that my phone rebooted to bootloader again. I called them back and now they are comming to pick up my phone tomorrow.

Keep us posted here please. Let me know what they tell you. I would love to know what happens. Thanks.

did u try to put another (RHODIMG.NBH) Rom in the SD card instead of the one u flashed?

I gave up. I called HTC. I am sending in the phone tomorrow for repair. Wish me luck. I will keep you posted.

ps- Now I am glad I never sold my old S710 on eBAy !!

Last edited:

i<3myphone

Jul 4, 2009
Charleston, SC
Still in hospital.

I do know that I was charged a $20 Global Warranty Fee. wtf is that for? They explained it by saying "Depending on the country of origin, your unit may be charged a $20.00 Global Warranty Service fee." I don't get it. Even if my phone was manufactured in Thailand, an HTC phone is an HTC phone. Why do I get charged this fee? Craziness.

I will also be charged $28. "All units will be charged a triage fee of $28.00. This includes technical assessment and diagnosis."

So already, I will be out $48. This is with no phone call yet to let me know what they have diagnosed.

Will keep you all posted.

jebuske

May 19, 2009
Haven't returned my device yet because I managed to get it to boot a few times. Every time I turn it off, my phone goes into bootloader again but when I take out the battery and put it back in my phone starts in a normal way. I'm also not able to perform an hard reset while my device is on. It always gets stuck in bootloader mode. Anyone who knows what can be the problem?

jebuske

May 19, 2009
lol very weird. Got my device to the repair center and two days later I'm having my device back already. Stupid thing though is that it worked when I got it back from them. I again flashed hard SPL and now it's stuck in bootloader again which means I will send my device back tomorrow. Everything was done under warranty so that was a good thing.

i<3myphone

Jul 4, 2009
Charleston, SC
Welllllllllllllll.....I FINALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLY got my TP2 back today. Holy cow! After what? 45 days almost? GEeeez. I am very disappointed with their turnaround on repairs. That is ridiculous.

Out of pocket was $20. Not too bad I guess. They replaced the Main Board and Re-Flashed ROM image.

I now have alot of catching up to do here. Not so sure I want to be flashing a bunch of stuff on it now to be honest. That *hit scares me now.

Just thought I would update anyone who was wondering what happened to me and my phone.

MadBeef

Aug 29, 2009
Thanks for letting us know - glad you finally got it sorted :)

Go on, get it flashed! I double dog dare ya :D

I mean that's the whole point of buying HTC innit? :) It is for me anyway, the wife's after a new phone and "is sick of having to delete texts" I have 4,500+ on mine so we ended up looking at an LG Win6.5 phone, doesn't look a bad bit of kit but I can't find any custom ROMs or even a HardSPL for it. So what's the point? :D