[ROM] **BETA** GreenRom Project Presents - CM7 based 2.3.4

Search This thread

Greenteam!

May 21, 2011
We have been hard at work over at the Green Rom Project. Thanks to the dev team, we have managed to establish our github and have begun deving our own special rom.

Themeing has begun, but a lot is needing to be themed. It has been cm based for now and is optimized for better performance. It has Launcher2 with auto landscape mode(works like it should), and It has some other minor tweaks that make it ours.

A custom boot animation has been added giving you the GRP experience from the very beginning. We care not that we make a name for ourselves. What we do care about is developing a stable, efficient, fast, and gorgeous rom for others to enjoy, being a testament of what one can do when learning how to develop.

Our site is geared specifically to cater to the noob or even intermediate developer that just wants to learn and have fun doing it, because developing is supposed to be fun otherwise why do it!

***As always we are not responsible for anything that goes wrong with your phone.***

This is our first attempt at creating a community based rom and would like your input. Feel free to contact us here or at our site http://greenromproject.com/forum

Special thanks the following for making this rom possible:
Evervolve-tweaked Lauincher2 making it landscape properly

=========> Available in ROM Manager

Attachments

• screenshot1.jpg
    screenshot1.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 1,508
  • screenshot2.jpg
    screenshot2.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 1,296
  • screenshot3.jpg
    screenshot3.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 1,237
  • screenshot4.jpg
    screenshot4.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 1,239
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 1,194
  • screenshot6.jpg
    screenshot6.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 1,122
  • screenshot7.jpg
    screenshot7.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 1,066
  • screenshot9.jpg
    screenshot9.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 1,036
Last edited:

theinitial21

Jan 12, 2010
Houston
is all the roms ur going to make be green? lol jw

awesome to see a new dev on here tho! cant wait to see what the future holds for us!

kirkcody

Jun 23, 2009
Milwaukee,WI.
Im loving it :)

Thankyou guys and welcome to the forum...will be checking out your forum soon. (edit) lol wait Stoute and you guys have been here :)

Last edited:

divida

Mar 15, 2011
Beaverton
Flashed the rom but I was never able to connect to the tmobile network voice or data. I tried to search for a provider but none were found. Checked about phone settings and radio off. I also tried to add an apn but it is grayed out and airplane mode would not turn off. Aside from that the rom is smooth and I like the bootanimation, simple but elegant. If you would like a logcat I can try flashing the rom again tomorrow, but tonIght I needed a phone. I love the whole green rom project idea and I am sure to visit the site often. Thanks. Any idea why I am having trouble with the rom?

Sent from my HTC Glacier using XDA Premium App

Last edited:

epsix

Aug 29, 2010
I saw this on RM couple days ago did't know it was for Glacier:)

Thanks

stoute

Flashed the rom but I was never able to connect to the tmobile network voice or data. I tried to search for a provider but none were found. Checked about phone settings and radio off. I also tried to add an apn but it is grayed out and airplane mode would not turn off. Aside from that the rom is smooth and I like the bootanimation, simple but elegant. If you would like a logcat I can try flashing the rom again tomorrow, but tonIght I needed a phone. I love the whole green rom project idea and I am sure to visit the site often. Thanks. Any idea why I am having trouble with the rom?

Sorry for the cloud of darkness and disapearence from this section for so long. We have been working on so much to get theis prepped and ready for launch. :)

As for the APN, details are below and have been added to the post until we can add it in the script later tonight or tomorrow. :)

The T-Mobile APN is as follows:

Name: T-Mobile
APN: epc.tmobile.com
MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
MMC: 310
MNC: 260
APN type: default,supl,mms
APN protocol: IPv4

That is what it is straight from a stock MT4G

stoute

is all the roms ur going to make be green? lol jw

awesome to see a new dev on here tho! cant wait to see what the future holds for us!

Not all the roms will be green although we can go that route if it is asked for lol. I created this project in hopes to build a "community" rom where people can weigh in on what they want and majority wins etc. from every little option including themes.

I think one of our other devs is building a miui rom for the Vibrant and we may be porting over CM7 for it as well. He does have a galaxy tab too so I'm sure will get going on those as well. We are always looking for more assistance with these services as the current 7 devs we have will not be able to handle all devices once we move away from CM7 ports.

Join us at our page if you want to help us out! :)

Treken

Nov 27, 2010
Houston

Run log cat and use pastebin and provide a link. In fact, you might want to post the problems over at greenromproject as well. J bird would mist likely be able to pin point what's causing the problems. There is a section for your device where you can post. This problem should be documented over at our home forum for future reference.

divida

Mar 15, 2011
Beaverton
APN will not save

Sorry for the cloud of darkness and disapearence from this section for so long. We have been working on so much to get theis prepped and ready for launch. :)

As for the APN, details are below and have been added to the post until we can add it in the script later tonight or tomorrow. :)

The T-Mobile APN is as follows:

Name: T-Mobile
APN: epc.tmobile.com
MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
MMC: 310
MNC: 260
APN type: default,supl,mms
APN protocol: IPv4

That is what it is straight from a stock MT4G

I tried adding the apn but it will not save. I will post the logcat. I enter in all of the details and select save and the new apn never shows up. Here is the pastebin link for my logcat: http://pastebin.com/dkAejffR

Attachments

• logGRPFirstBoot.zip
    30.3 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

thederekjay

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 15, 2010
DARKSIDE
I tried adding the apn but it will not save. I will post the logcat. I enter in all of the details and select save and the new apn never shows up. Here is the pastebin link for my logcat: http://pastebin.com/dkAejffR

Looks like a lib issue along with a lot of other issues... they might want to slap a Alpha/Beta tag on thos so ppl know what they r getting themselves into..

Sent from my demonSPEED Glacier

stoute

Update has been posted into ROM Manager. Works with t-mobile apns. I downloaded and it seems to be working fine. If you have any issues please let us know. I will edit original post to include BETA for the time being until more people DL the file and notify us of any problems they are experiencing. Thanks for the Feedback.

OuncE718

Feb 27, 2010
DC by way of BK
Where do we get the theme that's in the screen shots? I thought it would of been in the rom by default.

Sent from my demonSPEED Glacier using XDA Premium App

youngquazy

Dec 22, 2008
Myrtle Beach, SC
I have the same problem with the cellular radio not working. WiFi works though. Also, this rom is easily the SLOWEST one I've ever put on my phone! Only when I overclocked it to 1.5 using setcpu did it become usable.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    We have been hard at work over at the Green Rom Project. Thanks to the dev team, we have managed to establish our github and have begun deving our own special rom.

Themeing has begun, but a lot is needing to be themed. It has been cm based for now and is optimized for better performance. It has Launcher2 with auto landscape mode(works like it should), and It has some other minor tweaks that make it ours.

A custom boot animation has been added giving you the GRP experience from the very beginning. We care not that we make a name for ourselves. What we do care about is developing a stable, efficient, fast, and gorgeous rom for others to enjoy, being a testament of what one can do when learning how to develop.

Our site is geared specifically to cater to the noob or even intermediate developer that just wants to learn and have fun doing it, because developing is supposed to be fun otherwise why do it!

***As always we are not responsible for anything that goes wrong with your phone.***

This is our first attempt at creating a community based rom and would like your input. Feel free to contact us here or at our site http://greenromproject.com/forum

Special thanks the following for making this rom possible:
    Evervolve-tweaked Lauincher2 making it landscape properly

=========> Available in ROM Manager