Search This thread

MyronJ906

Apr 22, 2008
Data was still working, as were calls. Also, I was able to send texts, but none were coming in. I'd for sure do all that troubleshooting, but i dont have the time or patience for that today. If I could switch sims with my SGS2, I would be more willing to do so. Just not today.

If you can send, send one to yourself periodically. You will at the very least realize that you're not getting them.

Moh_Jay

Sep 14, 2010
Its only been 2 days and I feel like its been forever since a new build

"All this knowledge is giving me a raging brainer!"

manny05

Feb 21, 2011
Well I finally caved in and flashed this. No problems so far.
However I do miss the touchwiz launcher. Anyway I can get the apk for it?

sent from my GALAXY SIII

biofilter69

Nov 13, 2007
I am not running this ROM but I am having similar issues with text messages not being received. The only thing I have done to the phone is root, cwm recovery and flashed ktoonsez kernel so I would have to guess it is a kernel issue. Hope that helps

sent from hyperspace

prata

Jun 22, 2010
www.kuei-jin.org

The touchwiz launcher will not function without the entire touchwiz framework. The entire point of aosp/aokp is to not be using touchwiz, and all the bloat in the first place.

You may like GoLauncher though. Give that a shot?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium

jdhommert

Jan 28, 2011

sent from my GALAXY SIII

wat.

---------- Post added at 07:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:41 PM ----------

sent from my GALAXY SIII

don't see any known issues list in the first post

are there not any or what? :D

manny05

Feb 21, 2011
The touchwiz launcher will not function without the entire touchwiz framework. The entire point of aosp/aokp is to not be using touchwiz, and all the bloat in the first place.

You may like GoLauncher though. Give that a shot?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium

Well I only asked because when I had the gs2 someone ported the launcher and it worked perfectly fine. And I was running task aokp. So i figured maybe it would work on this one?

Btw. This rom really fixed my wifi problem. I always had to turn off power save mode for wifi in order to get it to work properly. Not anymore :D
sent from my GALAXY SIII

1weener

Apr 18, 2012
Data was still working, as were calls. Also, I was able to send texts, but none were coming in. I'd for sure do all that troubleshooting, but i dont have the time or patience for that today. If I could switch sims with my SGS2, I would be more willing to do so. Just not today.

If it were only that simple. What's going on in these phones is much more complicated then thinking that since *this* and *that* work, so then this *other* should work too, so it must be the ROM. No, it could be some semingly random app that is polling at the same time as *this* or *that* and *THAT* is what is stopping the *other*.

Clean installs help keep it a bit simple in a highly complex system.

MyronJ906

Apr 22, 2008

sent from my GALAXY SIII

You don't get EVERYTHING that was built in, but you asked for TouchWiz Launcher.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1667854

EDIT: Should note that I have not personally tried it on this ROM, but it at least ran and worked to launch apps on my One X.

Reactions: manny05

Latty

Jun 28, 2007
Has anybody else experienced issues with changing call volume while in the ICS dialer, or is it just me?

1weener

Apr 18, 2012
manny05;28768 449 said:
Well I only asked because when I had the gs2 someone ported the launcher and it worked perfectly fine. And I was running task aokp. So i figured maybe it would work on this one?

Make a nanroid, and then try that launcher. My guess is that if it worked with Task's version before, it'll work with the SGIII.

manny05

Feb 21, 2011
Went back to stock rom...
Apparently no one could get a hold of me. No calls were coming in. And I lost a couple of customers today -_- (I'm a taxi driver)... So it's a great way to start my day at work today lol.

I noticed my data and signal kept restarting. I'd get an X and and a minute later get signal. And it just kept dropping. But this only started happening when I went outside my house in LTE coverage.. Not sure if that has anything to do with it...

sent from my GALAXY SIII

alacrify

Jan 12, 2009
Apparently no one could get a hold of me. No calls were coming in. And I lost a couple of customers today -_- (I'm a taxi driver)... So it's a great way to start my day at work today lol.

I noticed my data and signal kept restarting. I'd get an X and and a minute later get signal. And it just kept dropping. But this only started happening when I went outside my house in LTE coverage.. Not sure if that has anything to do with it...

sent from my GALAXY SIII

Full wipe, and you need to set the APN properly (which is all over this thread).

Reactions: manny05

SeanHacker

Sep 7, 2010
Portland, Oregon

sent from my GALAXY SIII

just so you know. the issues you had were only caused by yourself.

SeanHacker

Sep 7, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Yeah this rom fuc..d my apn setting up. No matter what srttings i try now its only EDGE. Now im back to stock and No luck full wipe like 100 time. Ill never flash aokp again. Bs

a693781f-d8f4-162f.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

troll. nice try dude. just because you revealed how much of a scumbag you are in my sgs2 thread doesnt mean you should bring it over here. reported. :D

P.S- you did something wrong. try reading for once. it works :D

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I wanted to bring you guys some AOKP releases with other mods and code changes for ALL VARIANTS of the SGS III.​
    HZ19dJT.png

A Big Thanks Goes to the AOKP Team & CyanogenMod Team. Without their source this wouldn't be possible. Go thank them, tweet them, and donate to them. Also a HUGE thanks to mrgoat for the hosting!!!​
    If you decide that you are not going to read all of the information provided in this OP or the FAQ, then GTFO. There is a lot of useful information in either of the two that will really help you and this thread out.​

» Read and use the FAQ/Q & A thread for non-development/ROM related stuffs!!! HERE!!!

81.png

» Installation is simple:
    • If coming from another ROM or another major AOKP version, wipe data (Factory reset) in recovery. Always do this before reporting any bugs.
    • Make sure you're using the latest CWM or TWRP
    • Flash ROM
    • Flash Google Apps (GAPPS) from HERE
    • Reboot
    78.png

» Check Changelogs on G+
    » Also Check merged commits on AOKP's Gerrit

80.png

» Downloads, mirrors, and MD5s can be found HERE

82.png

» AOKP Gerrit
    » AOKP on Github
    » Task650 Source

79.png

We greatly appreciate your contribution in the form of code, or PayPal donations.
    » Donations to task650
    » Donations to AOKP AOKP.co

Enjoy!
    Animation Manager explained
    1. Zip files that contain the animations are in /system/addon.d/keyboard-anim and /system/addon.d/window-anim
    2. If you feel like you want to add more, simply open one up to see the folder structure and the files it contains.
    3. To add another animation that you like, simply create a new zip file with the same files and folders and place in the appropriate folder. The files must be compiled xml files and not the human readable version.
    4. Enjoy guys
    and this for underwear
    I am hosting all of Task's files for you guys to download and I just wanted to update you all on some bandwidth numbers for this month. This is across all the platforms task's develops for but here are this months's bandwidth numbers. Task you rock. :cowboy:

Total Bandwidth Provided: unlimited GB
    Total Used So Far: 4195.657 GB
    Estimated Usage For Cycle: 4335.512 GB