[ROM] Myn’s Warm Eclair - [RLS1 - 06/17/2010] - Working Camera & ODEX'd Build 06/24

Search This thread

myn

Retired Senior Recognized Developer
Nov 15, 2007
Hi Myn,
Great build.
I am using the 320x240 version and I'm wondering why the title bar and the bars in the browser are so big vis-a-vis your 1.6 build. It this the way it is with 2.1? Or will there be a theme release to address this? It seems like it is using up an unncessary amount of real estate.

Higher res' don't look good so i stay at 320x240
Thanks.

It may be because in this release of Warm Eclair I have the DPI for 240x320 set to the standard 120 pixel density. On my Warm Donut 1.6 releases I always used 110. Only because the Dialer didn't fit properly in 120.

Since the dialer included in this is 240x320@120 compliant I decided to keep it at the native pixel density (120). If you prefer, Launch Rogue Tools and change the LCD Density to 110 or 113 (the same as it is in Warm Donut) then reboot and see if that is more preferred.

myn

Nov 15, 2007
Please consider including the changes in future versions. I don't think it will have any noticable negative effect for Vogue users.

I am looking into incorporating it right now. From the looks of it there are a few different wifi drivers added of which vogue doesn't use any. And the additional services for the wlan and tethering.

kallt_kaffe

Mar 13, 2010
www.apedroid.com
I am looking into incorporating it right now. From the looks of it there are a few different wifi drivers added of which vogue doesn't use any. And the additional services for the wlan and tethering.

I just tried it and it works and btw, the tiwlan.ini in /system/lib/modules isn't used can be deleted. I included it to be on the safe side but I did my install without it and wifi works just fine.

Another suggestion. Look at aqtrans CM-build. It has a rather extensive APN list and is one of the few builds where I can login to Google during the initial setup.

myn

Nov 15, 2007
I just tried it and it works and btw, the tiwlan.ini in /system/lib/modules isn't used can be deleted. I included it to be on the safe side but I did my install without it and wifi works just fine.

Another suggestion. Look at aqtrans CM-build. It has a rather extensive APN list and is one of the few builds where I can login to Google during the initial setup.

Thanks for confirming.

Yeah, one thing I am planning on adding into the next release is my apns-conf.xml from Warm Donut. It has a HUGE APN list.

PulseFate

Feb 19, 2010
Nice find. I never once in my tests clicked those icons.

Here's an androidupdate.tar. If you don't mind, give this a try and see if this resolves the issue.

If this works I will be sure to include this in the next release.

Yup, all the contact boxes i clicked properly open the icon tray or whatever its called haha.

On a side note, would it be possible to change the font color of the word "Clear" in the notification window. I know the button is there, but its hard to see the words (or does it have to be the same colouring as the cell provider font?).

SuperJMN

Mar 4, 2007
Ciudad Real
superjmn.wordpress.com
It's strange: I configured my APN like I always did, but it doesn't establish any data connection!!

Anyone having this problem?

By the way, you should include the huge list of pre-configured APNs that was used in the last Warm Donut :)

myn

Nov 15, 2007
Yup, all the contact boxes i clicked properly open the icon tray or whatever its called haha.

On a side note, would it be possible to change the font color of the word "Clear" in the notification window. I know the button is there, but its hard to see the words (or does it have to be the same colouring as the cell provider font?).

Yeah the text on the "clear" notification window has been bugging me for awhile too. Looks like it's time to fix it.

PulseFate

Feb 19, 2010
I also encountered an error when trying to change the notification settings for text messages. When trying to change the led flash from green to red (i believe any colour will cause it) causes the application "Messaging (process com.android.mms) to stop unexpectedly and result in a force close.

This might be just me, but I don't think its at all possible to disable data directly, either from the wireless & networks setting or from the power control widget. I waited 30 seconds and nothing happened. Airplane mode does work though, but then the phone is disabled as well :S

I also encountered this error in incubus26j's Super Eclair Lite 2.1 build.

jadenj5

Mar 24, 2010
uh-oh

The webpage at http://www.mediafire.com/?vl1zbn2znoe might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

i really wanna try this im currently running 6.1 with spb mobile 3.5 and its great but this looks really cool

and of coars theres a road bump lol im sure the site will get fixed though

and on boot animations do i make a new folder called bootanimation and just paste them there

Last edited:

inertone

May 9, 2009
Los Angeles
The webpage at http://www.mediafire.com/?vl1zbn2znoe might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

i really wanna try this im currently running 6.1 with spb mobile 3.5 and its great but this looks really cool

and of coars theres a road bump lol im sure the site will get fixed though

and on boot animations do i make a new folder called bootanimation and just paste them there

the site works fine

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM] Myn’s Warm Eclair - [RLS1 - 06/17/2010] - Working Camera & ODEX'd Build 06/24

ptcfast2-WarmEclair.png

Screenshots:

HomeScreen1.png
    HomeScreen2.png
    HomeScreen5.png

Gallery3d.png
    HomeScreenPreview.png
    LockScreen.png

Dialer.png
    Contacts.png
    SMS.png

Music1.png
    Browser.png
    Calendar.png

Launcher.png
    ChooseWidget.png
    Notifications.png

HomeScreen4.png

Summary:

A Highly optimized Eclair providing an accelerated experience. Heavily themed for your viewing pleasure :).

I've spent the last month tweaking and making things *faster* and although my todo list is still large for this build I didn't want to delay this any further.

The Cream Filling:

• Some of the features in RLS 1 (06-17-2010) include:
      • More performance enhancements and tweaks.
      • Added HUGE APN list!
      • Bluetooth audio fixed (thanks kallt_kaffe)
      • Updated LauncherPro
      • Option to choose the number of icons per row in both portrait and landscape mode within launcher
      • Added backgrounds to Wallpaper gallery
      • New app drawer opening speed option: Here you can tweak the speed of the opening/closing effect for the app drawer. Zero is the slowest, 10 makes it appear/disappear instantly. (Advanced settings)
      • Selectable backgrounds for shortcut dock
      • New sense like home screen indicator
      • 15 shortcuts available in dock now. Swipe the dock to the left (down in landscape) to reveal 5 additional shortcut spaces. Now swipe it again for 5 more!
      • Added native Alarm Clock (by request from a few users)

Full Changelog / feature list can be found at bottom of this post.

What doesn't work
      • Camera

Known Issues
      • Voice Search wait/force close messages on start. As this is a pre-release beta, I am working on fixing this issue.

Installation:

*** On first boot a lot of optimizations are running. For the best experience, it is advised to wait 10 - 15 mins after you see the initial Android setup screen and during the first google syncronization process. After which the speed dramatically improves. You should see an even greater performance jump after first reboot. ***

NoMoRootFS Instructions for SDCard:
      1. Download either the 240x320 or 320x480 version
      2. Backup! than, clear whatever "android" stuff you have from sdcard (I dont want it to get caught up in the install) especially your andboot folder
      3. Extract contents of downloaded zip to temporary directory
      4. Copy extracted /andboot folder to the ROOT of your SDCard
      5. Run HaRET, than hit “run” to launch android
      6. Press and hold center of dpad after hitting "run" and follow the directions in the NoMoRootFs menu system

NoMoRootFS Instructions for NAND:
      1. Download either the 240x320 or 320x480 version
      2. Extract contents of downloaded zip to temporary directory
      3. Using the androidinstall.tar file follow the directions here

Other Optional Downloads:
      • Odexed Warm Eclair RLS 1 (240x320) - Faster performance but less theming options [Includes working camera]. (Thanks margosmark)
      • Update for working camera. (Thanks dlepage)
      • More of my blurred style backgrounds.
      • If you do not prefer the font that comes with Warm Eclair you can resort back to the original Android font with this update.
      • Update for Kaiser / Polaris users to enable WiFi (Thanks kallt_kaffe!)
      • Update to enable JIT Dalvik VM. Be sure to clear Dalvik cache after applying. (120 pixel density)
      • Update to add Corporate Exchange Calender sync support.

Themes:

Support For Other Devices:

Notes:

• I excluded google nav in this release. US users can download from Market, International users can use the included NavLauncher and download the international version directly.

• Disclaimer:

• As always, I’m not responsible for anything that happens to your phone while using these files.

• HUGE CRAZY THANK YOU to mssmison. Seriously I wouldn't have been able todo it without you. You have always lead the way for us porting bleeding edge builds and laying the foundation making it easy for us. I appreciate you letting me use your vogue libs and bin.
        • incubus26jc - Thanks for letting me bounce ideas off you and all of your help along the way.
        • dzo - The godfather of android on non-native android devices. We wouldn't all be doing this if it wasn't for you. We all appreciate all of your dedication and hard work.
        • ptcfast2 @ 3essentials.com for the file hosting.
        • All of the beta testers who drilled it and put it through it's courses
        • The xda-developer vogue android community. We've got one of the closest tightly knit communities around. Who would have though we would ever be running Android on these things!

Changelog:

Beta 2 – (06/02/2010) Download: 240x320 or 320x480
      • A ton of new performance enhancements and tweaks.
      • Faster application load times
      • Fixed force/close bug when clicking on contact picture
      • Added Facebook sync support (Thanks Aqtrans)
      • Removed NavLauncher as it is now obsolete
      • Fixed in call dialer not rendering correctly in 240x320 (Thanks Alexander-Vogt1)
      • Updated Astro File Manager
      • Updated LauncherPro
      • Quick uninstall feature, Just drag app icon over the launcher icon and hold it until you see the uninstall message.
      • Increased the speed of the animation when opening the app drawer
      • Data roaming disabled by default now
      • Some minor framework theme tweaks

Beta 1 – (05/29/2010) Download: 240x320 or 320x480
      • Excessively tweaked for speed
      • Completely themed (litterly every app and all frameworks)
      • Slick downward transitions
      • Live Wallpapers
      • Faux HTC Flipclock
      • Music Mod with 2x2, 4x1, 4x2 and 4x4 home screen widget
      • YouTube
      • Voice Search On Keyboard
      • Voice Dialer / Voice Search
      • Free & Paid Market hack
      • Tattoo Market Fix for all resolutions
      • Rogue Tools
      • LauncherPro With Sense "Leap" feature and NexusOne "Fly-in" app launcher
      • Configurable number of home screens up to 7
      • 240x320@120 complaint dialer
      • Gallery 3D
      • News & Weather + Widget
      • Desk Clock
      • Extended Power Control Widget (APN and Airplane Mode Included too)
      • IM (instant messaging)
      • Terminal Emulator
      • Spare Parts
      • NavLauncher
      • Google Talk
      • Astro File Manager
      • Apps2SD, Compcache, ZipAlign, ClearCache configurable in VogueParts
      • Random boot animation. Drop bootanimations into /sdcard/bootanimation

I am shockingly surprised retaining data from a completely different build worked. For best results I would clear data between each rom and major updates.

Here is the strategy I use.

#1) Use the backup procedure in Astro File Manager and backup the apks you download from the market.

#2) Place all of the apks you want automatically installed into /sdcard/AndroidApps

On first boot all of the apks in this directory will automatically get installed.

--

PS. How's the JIT update?

Hey in regards to JIT, it seems a little snappier, though that may be due to the placebo effect ;), but I have a feeling that the contacts scrolling and launcher are faster. However, the browser seems to be just as slow as before.
    Were is APN List?

When I install RLS1, I still only 2 apn choice... one for mms another from internet.. :confused:

EDIT: I have a Nike, I'm assuming this is a ROM (software) problem, with the assumption differences only affect hardware. Hope I'm right :)