[Q] I Broke my screen :(

Search This thread

RomSeeker

Feb 23, 2013
Hi

I broke my phone, my Nexus 5 fell directly on the screen

I have no intention to replace the Nexus itself only screen.
I have a problem that I just can not find anywhere a true original screen of LG and LG in the country I live in is not selling white Nexus phone screens, just black ones.

So I looked on eBay and found someone who claims to be selling original screens:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-Google-...s-/351115283182?ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123

I bought it and I got the screen this week, and unfortunately it is also not original.

I was wondering if anyone has experience with seller on EBAY who sells original screens for white Nexus with frame and everything.

Thank you! :good:

vin4yak

Mar 10, 2013
Mumbai
vinu.info
if I were you, I would send it to LG and let them put on the black one... You get 3 months warranty on the same as well! :)

There's always a good chance that the display you buy online turning out to be a fake.

RomSeeker

Feb 23, 2013
if I were you, I would send it to LG and let them put on the black one... You get 3 months warranty on the same as well! :)

There's always a good chance that the display you buy online turning out to be a fake.

Yea i unfortunately i know... LG in my country isn't an option because i bought it from UK and they say it without warranty and the are overpriced

Thanks but i need for White nexus 5.

Last edited:

idbl_fanatic

Aug 15, 2008
Stockton, CA
Reactions: Wh1t3Rose
D

Darth

Yea i unfortunately i know... LG in my country isn't an option because i bought it from UK and they say it without warranty and the are overpriced

Thanks but i need for White nexus 5.

You get what you pay for. Keep that in mind.

And personally, I'd rather have professionals install it than do it myself, it not work out and be out a phone and the money I paid for the cheaper screen.

Just my 2 cents. ?

RomSeeker

Feb 23, 2013
They are the same screens, you just take the white ear piece from your old screen, and put it on the new one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbcPQ6JKoJA

Look at time: 7:40

I Know the have the same screen But the don't have the same frame! The white one have glossy frame and the black have matte

You get what you pay for. Keep that in mind.

And personally, I'd rather have professionals install it than do it myself, it not work out and be out a phone and the money I paid for the cheaper screen.

Just my 2 cents. ?

I live in a country that doesn't have any insurance for Nexus 5. I Really want to pay as much as it takes for an ORIGINAL SCREEN not cheap one and PROFESSIONAL to repair it but i just have to do the best with what i have in option. so don't judge just help if you can and if you cant please don't comment.
thank you

D

Darth

I Know the have the same screen But the don't have the same frame! The white one have glossy frame and the black have matte

I live in a country that doesn't have any insurance for Nexus 5. I Really want to pay as much as it takes for an ORIGINAL SCREEN not cheap one and PROFESSIONAL to repair it but i just have to do the best with what i have in option. so don't judge just help if you can and if you cant please don't comment.
thank you

Good luck then! ?

Top Liked Posts