Votes: 17 37.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

dympy

Oct 30, 2009
Purmerend
And we're making progress again!
It's all a bit slow, bu that's because my (Awesome, capital A) internship is taking up a lot of my time.

Anyway, I have another update for you guys, it's regarding the current progress in reworking RA-Social from the base up.
Check it out here!

Dympy.

Reactions: bscraze and poorna

dympy

Oct 30, 2009
Purmerend
Hey guys,

It's been a while, again, but this time the news I bring is joyful!
Remember how I wanted to implement Facebook into RA-Social?

Well then, please look at this Facebook post I made. (If you see dutch comments, ignore them, just some friends trying to be funny :p)

Anyway, we're getting closer to the end!
I've also started working on the Launcher again and I've dropped the weather part of RA-Social, since it's not really social related and Yahoo is messing around with their API's (Then again, why would you want to share or tweet the current weather at your location?).

If you want to follow the progress more closely, register at RA-Mod.com and keep the community alive :D

Dympy.

dympy

Oct 30, 2009
Purmerend
Me too until i checked hid github yedterday :D

Sent from my GT-I5800 using xda app-developers app

Whoa! I thought this project was long dead. All the best bro!

I kinda rebooted it about a month ago :p
But yeah, my github is currently up-to-date, but for certain apps you'll have to check the ICS/JB branch.
The Launcher is being rewritten from scratch with the original ADW Launcher as a base (I can't find the current ADW Launcher sources anywhere..) and stuff will get added on the go :)

Dympy.

dympy

Oct 30, 2009
Purmerend
I'm going to update the first posts in my break, the old, not recommended, build 2 zip will still be available until I release my first build of the new ROM.
I won't upload the first build of the new ROM until I get Facebook and Twitter working, this way we have a somewhat social, social hub :p

Dympy..

Reactions: poorna

dympy

Oct 30, 2009
Purmerend
?:D

Sent fom my S-II running Vanilla Rootbox >>Nightly (2013/03/31)<< :D powered with DorimanX kernel v. >>9.12<<

My guess is that you posted this as a "Is this a dead project? I sure hope not! :D".
This project isn't dead, well, maybe a little, but it will soon rise with nice new screenshots of HOLO UI elements in a lot of my apps.
I've also narrowed the number of apps down, for instance, the Launcher, the Music Player and the Social Media App are all integrated into one app.
I've also added something I would like to call "The Dash" to the Launcher, I've already posted a few not-quite-holo screenshots on my twitter account a while back, I'll also post them here.

Because I want these apps into one app, I decided to rewrite it all from scratch, so even the app drawer as it is right now is self-written (and still terribly slow xD).

For the G3 I will only release a CM9 variant, and if CM10 ever gets a bit stable, also a CM10 variant.

I'm currently working at this awesome domotica company and I'm also still in school, so I don't have that much time.
Besides that, I'm no UI Designer, so any help on that platform would be welcome (though I do want you to know how to work with HOLO elements and the Google Card system (or at least the looks of the Google Card system)).

So yeah, bring me some nice comments and if you happen to be a UI Designer, contact me!

Dymion.

m1trand1r

Mar 6, 2011
You don't wanna know.....
lol...I just found this thread and remembered it's meaning....hence my post...to get it up on front page....maybe you'll find what u're lookin' for:D

Sent fom my S-II running Vanilla Rootbox >>Nightly (2013/03/27 Unofficial by kroz)<< :D powered with DorimanX kernel v. >>9.13<<

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    bannernew.png

It's funny, the ROM is called "RA-mod", but it's the eye of Horus.

introduction-1.png

Hello all and welcome to the thread for the upcoming G3MOD follow up.
    I (Dympy) will be working on this with support from the G3MOD/DroidDevs team.

This ROM is CM7 based, by our wonderfull Marcellusbe, give him lots and lots of thanks or buy him a beer.

This ROM shall have all kind of new features, including, but not limited to:
    - Custom Launcher
    - Custom Music player
    - Custom Lockscreen
    - Custom Theme
    - Social hub, fully integrated in the system.

For now no ETA is available, so please refrain from asking.
    I shall post updates whenever I get something done, including screenshots if available.

All big releases shall be public and sources shall be available within a month after release.

If you are a good designer and want to be involved in this project, please contact me through PM.
    I still need some nice banners and some standard backgrounds.

screenshots.png

None yet.

credits.png

DharamG3, for setting up the initial ROM
    Marcellusbe, for porting the wonderful CM7
    Cdesai, for offering all the help he has to offer!
    G3MOD Team, especially Moikop and Hillbeast, for their kernel
    Cyanogenmod, for providing their sources
    Anderweb(?), for providing ADW Launcher source (for my own ADW Lite, which shall be used as a base for RA Launcher)
    Pixdev, for the banners, a lot of ideas and support, and upcoming backgrounds
    And my instincts were right!

So without any further ado, I present to you all RA-Mod Build 2:

RA_Mod_Build_2_(24-6-2012).zip

It's a CWM flashable zip, but here's the procedure I followed and found working:
    - Flash CM7.2 A8.2 by MarcellusBe, do a data/factory reset after install (So everything is all clean and nice).
    - Boot one time to check everything is working.
    - Reboot in recovery and flash the RA_Mod_Build_2_(24-6-2012).zip and boot into the OS.
    - Now, download GAPPS using Pyramid, I've included the version recommended by MarcellusBe in his CM7 thread.
    - Reboot in recovery to install GAPPS, after the install do another data/factory reset (And this one is important, otherwise RA Launcher keeps on FC'ing and it's the only launcher included.)
    - Setup your google account and enjoy!

Now do note, this ROM is still one big WiP, so expect some errors here and there.
    If you find an error, please tell me the steps you took and I'll see if I can reproduce it.
    I'm going to try and do some more work on the custom apps next week, but we'll have to see how much I'll get done because of my job.

I'm going to update first post in an hour or so, first a nice hot bath :p

Dympy.
    Thanks for all the support guys.
    He had to go into surgery this morning but everything went just fine.

Anyhow, to keep myself distracted from things, I made myself a little deadline thingy.
    At the end of next Friday, I want to reach Milestone 1 for:
    The Launcher
    The Theme
    The Social HUB.

Now you're probably wondering what will be in the first milestone release.
    Well, here are some details:
    RA Launcher:
    - New Dock
    - Quick Settings
    - Extra stuff I might add
    Now, the biggest part of the custom launcher is still missing, but I'm keeping it a secret..
    Theme:
    At least new colors in the statusbar itself, just to match the ROM.
    Maybe I'll also redo the notifications part.
    Social HUB:
    - Weather
    - RSS
    Still, more to come, hence Milestone 1

Dympy.
    downloads.png

None yet.
    All public releases shall be posted here.
    appinfo.png

Custom Launcher:

Features:
    - Favourites, accesible from every screen.
    - Social Hub tightly integrated.
    - Extended settings, easily available from the home screen.
    - Vertical scrolling through app list, horizontal in future.

Sneak-peeks:
    attachment.php

Working:
    - The initial Launcher part.
    - A somewhat working extended settings.

Not Working (yet):
    - Favourites
    - Easy theming
    - Social HuB implementation

Social HuB:

Features:
    - RSS feed reader and Weather Overview.
    - Support for Twitter, Facebook, Mail and Youtube.
    - Tightly integrated in the system.

Sneak-peeks:
    screenshot-1334137511404.png
    screenshot-1334137670844.png
    screenshot-1334137750389.png
    screenshot-1334138056518.png

screenshot-1334138149171.png
    screenshot-1334138160161.png
    screenshot-1334137788089.png
    screenshot-1334137834848.png

screenshot-1334137858108.png
    screenshot-1334138185854.png
    screenshot-1334138195104.png
    screenshot-1334137873642.png

Working:
    - Weather Overview.
    - RSS feeds.

Not Working (yet):
    - Facebook
    - Twitter
    - Youtube
    - Mail
    - XDA (I may have found clues of how to do it..)
    - Customization (Do have the code, haven't implemented it yet)

Pre-Alpha 1 release info:

In the first release, the following shall be realised.
    • Working Social Hub, integrated into the framework/launcher, Facebook and Twitter not yet included.
    • Customized framework, beside some color changes also some self invented mods(They're a WiP on themselves).
    • Own Launcher, not that much settings and customization available yet, but favourites part will be there(One way or another!).
    • Customized Music app, with share/tweet function of your current song, lyrics support probably realised in later version.
    • Redone Settings Menu, more Info will follow.
    • Software Center, first version, let there be bugs.
    • GAPPS excluded, since it's CM7 based and note Open Source, GAPPS will be available from Software Center.