Any T-Mobile Stores Confirm Sale Date Prior to 6/15? [Some Walmarts selling 6/8]

Search This thread

digiholic

Apr 5, 2011
purgatory
Just went into a Tmobile Store to get a screen protector for my sensation I bought at walmart earlier this morning. First of all, it looks like crap because the curved screen allows air bubbles on the sides. So i'm taking it off.

The rep was very rude asking how I got it, and the number of the walmart that sold me the phone. Saying that they shouldn't of sold it to me, and that if he had his way, he would take it from me.

I walked out after paying for the protector. What an ass.

Pretty much the same attitude I got from the T-Mobile rep I ran into at my Walmart.

lilcleo001

Feb 1, 2010
Los Angeles, Ca
talked to a friend that works at a t-mobile in LA, CA. He said they have the phones but can NOT sell them. Launch the 15th once again. We in the west.co have to wait. None of the T-Mobile stores are budging.

swa2k4

Feb 19, 2011
Chicago, IL
just bought 4

Just bought a family plan with 4 of them in Raleigh, NC $149 each WALMART boys go get em make those calls!

nccu_eagles

Jun 18, 2010
Charlotte, NC
well I went ahead and jumped out the window and bought one from walmart also... couldn't resist. mine is S-ON also :( but I still like it better than my g2x that phone is HORRIBLE...

EnhancerFIN

Aug 4, 2010
I'm paying 59.99 family for 600 mins + 9.99 texting family plus free my favs, plus 9.99 + 9.99 for two extra lines. my contract is up soon. Does it make sense for me to buy my phone for $550? or Pay $200? Of course i'm going to pay $200.

Man, you guys have expensive phone calls :D Here you could have 500 mins + 100 texts for 25$, 3000 mins & 3000 sms for 50$, unlimited data speed&amount for 15$, or like me all the calls to my own network (about 50% of the Finnish people) for free, + 15$ for unlimited data + 0.1$ per minute to other operators or per text..in the same price I have also 5 sim cards for my own number which all have the same pricing + data, no family plans available. More than willing to pay the 800$ for the phone off-contract :).

digiholic

Apr 5, 2011
purgatory
well I went ahead and jumped out the window and bought one from walmart also... couldn't resist. mine is S-ON also :( but I still like it better than my g2x that phone is HORRIBLE...

Be happy you got it! :D After talking to the pissed T-Mobile rep I ran into at the Walmart phone center I think they are going to crack down on it soon.

If they can.

-Edit-

By the way... feels awfully sexy in the hand doesn't it? Dissapointed that T-Mobile rep "phone blocked" me from playing with it again.

-Double Edit-

What speeds are you clocking in Charlotte? H+?

Last edited:

baymon

Jan 10, 2005
Houston, TX
College Station Walmart (77840) has 3 units left. Has any other early buyers had problems with 32GB microsd? The 1st unit that I got automatically eject the SD card while it's still in the phone (not safely removed, sdcard just become inaccessible). Also that unit has a strange polarization on the LCD when I wear my polarized sunglasses (LCD becomes red through the polarized lens looking straight up).

I exchanged it with a 2nd unit, no LCD problem. SD Card problem still persisted, but I suspected that it's T-mobile's contact restore that's causing the problem. I turned the tmobile sync function and now (fingers crossed) no more sd problem. Thanks to tmonews.com for the walmart heads up!

stepinmyworld

Apr 14, 2010
questions

I have the sensation finally :) Walmart for 648.00... if yall have any particular question yall wanna ask, let me know and i can try to give u some detail. few honest things from the gate:

back where the battery is, its HOT!.. as u mess with the phone it really gets heated:

The phone is slugglish in some areas and fast in others.. like friend-stream and peep is nice and fast.. youtube is slow when scrolling to comments and related videos while video is playing

quadrant is like 1900.. first try was 1650... ;/

Sound to be honest is LOW... i dont like it too much.. plus its in the back projecting AWAY from you which is going to be lower

screen is absolutely gorgeous.. the viewing angles arent nearly as bad as the videos show.. thats honest.

I like the swipe/sense keyboard.. very accurate

The video camera is beautiful :) you have to use it in person.

and the threaded messages are like pieces of paper which are pulled up at the end ... looks very 3d and a nice touch! yall will like that :)

Attachments

• IMG015.jpg
    IMG015.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:

digiholic

Apr 5, 2011
purgatory
I don't believe my luck. Two hours after running into the pissed off T-Mobile rep at one store, I visited a different one. That same frigging rep was at this other store. lol :D she must hate me. Enjoy your phones... my town is on lockdown.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    this the kind of thread people lash at you lol. You called ths stores like I did and they said the 15th.... xda isnt gonna be able to tell you different.. i would just look @ tmobile news via droiddog dot come and call your local stores friday saturday and sunday and the days prior to the 15th... good luck.. i want it bad too!

Well...let me set my track record here first...

I was able to get my TouchPro2 2 days early by heading to some select BestBuy stores that had inventory on hand and was willing to sell it. It was a thread just like this that made it possible.

I was also able to get my HD2 2 or 3 days early by calling several local T-Mobile stores. The store I went to said...if the phone is in the system and I have the unit in hand they will sell it. And they did.

So...this is a usefull thread if indeed the phones get sold prior to June 15th. The sooner I get a phone, the sooner I will be able to release a tested ROM or Add-ON.

-CMY
    Seriously, if you are not eligible for an upgrade and customer loyalty offers you the phone for full upgrade price and you ***** about that, you need to just go away. I am not directing this to anyone in particular, more like the ubiquitous you.

Saying tmo sucks or you are cancelling because they won't give you their newest, highest end phone for free days before it even technically goes on sale are just never going to be pleased. I haven't yet used a cell provider as generous as tmo.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using XDA App
    what you do to get it on? it was in the market? or you sideloaded it?

I just installed the apk I found in the Desire forum using Astro. I attached it, if anyone wants to try it
    I spoke to a tmobile rep today. He told me that a soft launch will happen tomorrow, the 8th in the stores that sell the most phones. All other stores will get them on the 15th. He said the best thing to do is to call around to all the tmobile stores in the AM as soon as they open and ask if they have it. The guy seemed like he was on top of his game and really wanted to help.
    attachment.php

picture of the sensations for prove he does have 4 at the store with s-off