[Review] Hyperion 3800 mAH Extended Battery for LG Nitro HD

Search This thread

Victor B

Sep 11, 2011
The thickness is essentially doubled, but I kind of like it better. It feels more sturdy and is a bit easier to handle for me. Even if I didn't like the bulk I would deal with it because of how well the battery performs. With very light usage I got 45.5 hours of battery life recently. With normal medium usage I'm averaging over 24 hours of battery life.

Only way I could be any happier is if I could find a case for it.

Sent from my LG-P930 using XDA

Wow! That is some crazy battery life. I've only had my phone for 3 days, but i think I might pull the trigger on this battery. I'll give me self a full 7-10 days with the phone first to see how I fair. I have a feeling I'll be using this battery next week though.

AllstarE4

Jan 8, 2012
I completely Agree. I bought a case and im going to modify it. I just need atleast the corners to have some sort of protection. Ill make a new thread to show you guys how it goes. and what Rom are you running? stock gingerbread or leaked ics? because on CM9, i dont get those times at all!! 18hours max on medium usage

Still on stock gingerbread. I figured out how to root easily, but never dove into flashing a rom. Too afraid if screwing up. I'm just waiting for official ICS.

Sent from my LG-P930 using XDA

stephensonbrady

Sep 26, 2010
thousand oaks
This makes me so happy... Running on CM9 9.0.0-RC1
Moderate use.
Screenshot_2012-06-30-01-35-17.png

Last edited:
Reactions: osmosizzz

_b_ship

May 2, 2012
Anyone try the Mugen Power Slim? Just curious, I really don't want the extra bulk.

Sent from my LG-P930 using xda app-developers app

dannghiem0801

May 31, 2011
I just ordered mine from Ebay.
Unfortunately, I have a Ballistic case. I think i'll have to find a way to put them together.
I'm running ICS leak and battery life seems to be better than stock GB.But still not enough for me.

Last edited:

birton

Feb 7, 2007
Just FYI, I bought 2 of Hyperion 1900mAh batteries and they are good. The battery life is almost the same as original. Also their AS are good. One of my battery didn't report battery percentage which always say 100% so I emailed them and they send a new one for me. Now I dont need to worry about my battery for 3-4 days with my extra 3 batteries and the same back cover, no thickness addition. Here is the link for it. Woops I couldn't link it... Goto amazon and search for 'Hyperion LG Nitro 4G 2 x Battery + Charger' They are cheap enough.

Last edited:

dannghiem0801

May 31, 2011
I just got mine yesterday.
I plugged it over night.
Now I've been having an issue, everytime I unpplug my phone wether USB or wall charger, the phone power just drops.I have to turn it on again.
Really annoying me.
Any thought,folks?
I tried the OEM battery and everything behaves fine,no problem at all.

brendenr89

Jun 4, 2009
Tell City
Just received this in the mail yesterday. After a full charge i went to work at 3:00PM, I work as a front desk clerk in a small town hotel so i browsed the internet pretty much the entire shift 3-11pm. Just now put on the charger about 10 minutes ago. Worth the $20 easily. From what I understand after a few full cycles it improves greatly! I pretty much went from 4.5 hours to 18 hours, no complaints here!

Reactions: osmosizzz

gtsai

Dec 1, 2008
Antutu Score 557

I wanted to share my experience with my 3-month battery. I tried multiple apps to measure its real capacity, and the only useful one is AnTuTu Tester. My phone's number is 557, and the nearest comparison it found was that it is approximately 40% higher than the HD2, just a little better than galaxy s2. The original battery scores 256, very low. Please try this app and post your numbers here.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-07-14-21-53-43.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-07-14-21-53-43.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 270
Last edited:

bryan49

Dec 12, 2011
stock rom?

Hey All,
I bought a similar product off eBay ... didn't see this thread until now... regardless, I'm running stock Bell ROM on the Optimus LTE. I charged the 3800 mah battery last night for about 12 hours... to 100% + today I've seen no boost at all to the battery life. Is this because I'm running stock rom that is not rooted? or should I be returning my battery and buying hyperion?

Your advice and comments are very much appreciated.

AllstarE4

Jan 8, 2012
I installed the Hyperion with stock rom and noticed much better battery life.

Sent from my LG-P930 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: bryan49

mast3rvo

Jul 11, 2012
Just starting using this battery this morning after charging it over night. So far I'm at 81% after 7Hr 47 min with about an hour of screen use.
Airplane mode with Wi-Fi connected the entire time. Watched a few YouTube videos, browsed Instagram and Friendcaster, and read my Currents.

It seems to be better than the stock battery (my stock battery went from horrible to decent after calibrating and using it over the course of a week or so)

So far I'm liking this battery, the size and weight isn't really bothersome. The battery life should be even better in about a week or so after more usage so the phone can calibrate its measurements properly.

I'm on CM9 RC2 too btw

kroozcontrol

Aug 3, 2012
I bought this battery almost straight away from amazon because the stock battery was giving me pretty sad length. I can tell you this, that is no longer even an issue. I fully charge every morning still but it lasts all day not matter what I do. I started out with the stock Gingerbread and then rooted the leaked ICS 4 and did the LG update to the stock ICS so it's still rooted.

I removed some bloatware and now, battery is just not an issue anymore at all. For 17 bucks? Can't go wrong.

Pros: The battery length (obviously), the extra thickness actually makes it easier to use. I prefer the thicker body and the weight increase is nothing to even speak of. The back fits perfectly and a few people have already asked my where I got the thicker stock back (not even caring about the battery).

Cons: The thickness makes my cover unusable and I've not found an alternative so it's long-life hyperion at home and work, and stock battery with protective case when out on the town.

I did drop my phone on the patio when I first got my hyperion and without the protective case, the plastic on the very edge of the screen got scratched. I smoothed it out but I was still miffed. So on the go, know that if you drop your phone and it lands face flat, it's likely going to get damaged. BUT, if you just switch backs and batteries when going out and put it back in the case, it's perfect, no worries. Best 17 bucks you can do for this phone.

osmosizzz

Dec 13, 2010
Central Jersey. That's it
I bought this battery almost straight away from amazon because the stock battery was giving me pretty sad length. I can tell you this, that is no longer even an issue. I fully charge every morning still but it lasts all day not matter what I do. I started out with the stock Gingerbread and then rooted the leaked ICS 4 and did the LG update to the stock ICS so it's still rooted.

I removed some bloatware and now, battery is just not an issue anymore at all. For 17 bucks? Can't go wrong.

Pros: The battery length (obviously), the extra thickness actually makes it easier to use. I prefer the thicker body and the weight increase is nothing to even speak of. The back fits perfectly and a few people have already asked my where I got the thicker stock back (not even caring about the battery).

Cons: The thickness makes my cover unusable and I've not found an alternative so it's long-life hyperion at home and work, and stock battery with protective case when out on the town.

I did drop my phone on the patio when I first got my hyperion and without the protective case, the plastic on the very edge of the screen got scratched. I smoothed it out but I was still miffed. So on the go, know that if you drop your phone and it lands face flat, it's likely going to get damaged. BUT, if you just switch backs and batteries when going out and put it back in the case, it's perfect, no worries. Best 17 bucks you can do for this phone.

Yeah the battery if a life saver. I wish they did make a case for this phone with the battery but I guess not. I've been running the cm10 preview and its given me the best battery life out of any Rom for this phone. I'm completely happy. Edit until the battery breaks in and will last longer. about the drop, have to watch out. I've had countless phones and this one is the only one without case and its the one that I've dropped the least. I make sure that I don't drop it. Bought it with a broken screen and fixed it, and although the process to fix the screen is extremely easy, I just don't feel like paying for another, so I be careful. When cm10 comes, you'll be extremely satisfied. Jelly bean does some good work.

Sent from my Gameboy Color

kroozcontrol

Aug 3, 2012
Yeah the battery if a life saver. I wish they did make a case for this phone with the battery but I guess not. I've been running the cm10 preview and its given me the best battery life out of any Rom for this phone. I'm completely happy. Edit until the battery breaks in and will last longer. about the drop, have to watch out. I've had countless phones and this one is the only one without case and its the one that I've dropped the least. I make sure that I don't drop it. Bought it with a broken screen and fixed it, and although the process to fix the screen is extremely easy, I just don't feel like paying for another, so I be careful. When cm10 comes, you'll be extremely satisfied. Jelly bean does some good work.

Sent from my Gameboy Color
Yeah, that dropping thing I can no longer trust to my own clumsy ****. When I'm going to be on concrete, I just put my stock back and protective case on when I go out or anyplace sketchy where my clumsiness can reign. Another thing I forgot to mention is that the thicker back creates a recess where the camera (with the thicker back) is not so susceptible to fingers, thumbs, etc. I have a dSLR and don't use the phone camera much but the recess seems to create better photos as if the case acts like a lens shield to block out some ambient stray light from the periphery. Someone really into their phone camera (which to be truthful, is actually pretty darn good) can maybe test it but I don't use it that much. I gots ta get me a cm10 rom but I'm just going to enjoy everything working well for a while. Much as I love to geek these devices, I'm still all about practicality. LOL

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First, some pictures:

CiCYU.jpg

e3l8J.jpg

Phone with extended back cover, compared with TPU case:
    jxLyJ.jpg

Front and back of phone, with extended battery cover on. The cover is quite solid and fits flush with the phone. The build quality is very good, quite similar to the stock back cover IMO.
    dZFEc.jpg

gHwDQ.jpg

As far as the performance goes, I'm pretty happy so far. After I got it, I charged it completely, and then started using it. Here is my usage graph so far. I accidentally left TuneIn Radio running in the background overnight, hence the big "awake" section. Even after 16 hours of some decently heavy use, I've still got 34% left. And this is on the very first charge, before any calibration has been done. The stock battery definitely could not last through this much use on one charge.

djSBp.png
    Update:

Here's the battery life on the second charge.

The vertical line in the middle is from when I shut off the phone to flash a new nightly.

udLa7.png
    important read
    I purchased the hyperion battery a couple of months ago and just last week I started to see what looked like a little drop of water in the middle of the screen. I taught for sure that the screen was going on the fritz then today noticed that my case was not closing properly. opened it up and found that the battery started swelling which cause the little drop in the screen and the case not closing poorly.
    just reverted back to the initial battery.

just wanted to let you guys know.

Sent from my LG-P935 using Tapatalk 2
    I really want this but don't want the added thickness.. :(

How thick is it with the extended battery and cover?
    For me the way I would normally hold the phone, there is a small gap between the inside of my fingers and the phone, so the added bulk makes it feel a little more natural. Yes, it looks really thick, but in reality it feels fine. But, I wouldn't use it with tighter pants (jeans,khakis, etc...) because it would look massive in your pocket.
    Hey guys, i just got mine in the mail today at 5pm just put it on charge until i have to go to work at 5:30am tomorrow. just wondering if i should run it down to 0% and then recharge? or start charging it at 1%? hope to here back soon. thanks for your reviews guys and hoping the battery meets my expectations. I'm running Ho!no! Full Throttle at the moment for the under volt to try and get the most out of the stock battery. My last Discharge was 18 hours with stock battery with light to medium use with brightness turned as far down as it will go. i am normally a heavy user but have found i have to resist using my phone due to stock battery drain. i will let you know how it goes!

I would say charge it for however long it says, run it completely down. As in, let it die... run Netflix or something for a few hours until it dies. Then plug it in and don't turn it on until it's completely charged.