(REQ) Can someone upload the Kno apk?

Search This thread

PMentior

Feb 28, 2012
Akron, OH
I got my note from Negri and it doesn't have the Kno app. As a student I would love to try it out. Is anyone able to extract the apk from their US version for me?

Sent from my Galaxy S3 running DietICS

PMentior

Feb 28, 2012
Akron, OH
So I pulled the apk from a wifi display model at bestbuy. When I tried to install it it gave me unsupported device error. I managed to get it working with some build.prop edits but had to restore to an earlier nandroid (not because of getting this to work). I haven't yet had the time to set it back up. I will get a link to the apk hopefully later tonight and after I figure out how to get it to run post those instructions.

PMentior

Feb 28, 2012
Akron, OH
Here is the link: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/3796392/KnoProdSamsung.apk

I haven't had time to figure out how to get it working again but here is what I remember:

1. MAKE A NANDROID
  2. You need to be running a Deodexed rom.
  3. You need to edit the build.prop so the app thinks it is a wifi version. If you don't it will tell you that it only runs on a kindle fire (weird right?) Edits found below.
  4. Reboot
  5. Turn on Unknown Sources in Settings->Security
  6. Locate the apk file in your favorite file manager and "run" it. You should be asked if you want to install this app, hit yes or install. If you are told something about unknown sources or the like you didn't do the previous step

build.prop edits

Original ===================>New
ro.product.model=GT-N8000 ====> ro.product.model=GT-N8013
ro.product.name=p4noterfxx ====> ro.product.name=p4notewifiue
ro.product.device=p4noterf ====> ro.product.device=p4notewifi

Last edited:
Reactions: jesusjv95
Jun 4, 2010
Thank you so much for the upload! Question though. Any way to get this to work on my nexus 7? I did the build.prop edit but its a no go. Running cm10

PMentior

Feb 28, 2012
Akron, OH
There is probably a way but as I don't have a nexus 7 I wouldn't know how to to help you to get it to work.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10.1

Jun 4, 2010
There is probably a way but as I don't have a nexus 7 I wouldn't know how to to help you to get it to work.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10.1

It's probably just edit my build.prop further to make the app think my nexus is something else (maybe the kindle fire?). That's my guess, however I know zero about editing build.props. Thanks though man!

dbsklover

Oct 4, 2012
Can reupload?

Can somebody reupload this application? I try to download from the dropbox, but it is not available. Please, thank you.

gmfeny

Mar 21, 2007
I got a 8013 but somebody said it doesn't work but if you want I could still upload it.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: mathen

kennyx13

Nov 27, 2012
I have n8000 and it said that it is not compatible with my galaxy note 10.1. i have this on my s3 and it is working

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is the link: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/3796392/KnoProdSamsung.apk

I haven't had time to figure out how to get it working again but here is what I remember:

1. MAKE A NANDROID
    2. You need to be running a Deodexed rom.
    3. You need to edit the build.prop so the app thinks it is a wifi version. If you don't it will tell you that it only runs on a kindle fire (weird right?) Edits found below.
    4. Reboot
    5. Turn on Unknown Sources in Settings->Security
    6. Locate the apk file in your favorite file manager and "run" it. You should be asked if you want to install this app, hit yes or install. If you are told something about unknown sources or the like you didn't do the previous step

build.prop edits

Original ===================>New
    ro.product.model=GT-N8000 ====> ro.product.model=GT-N8013
    ro.product.name=p4noterfxx ====> ro.product.name=p4notewifiue
    ro.product.device=p4noterf ====> ro.product.device=p4notewifi
    I got a 8013 but somebody said it doesn't work but if you want I could still upload it.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2