[Q] Bezels

Search This thread

Hellscythe

Sep 8, 2012
straya kienttt
Quick question,
i noticed the bezels are slightly thicker than what i expected it to be.
so my question is, to anyone that owns an s4, does the s5 bezels look any thicker than the s4's?
i know the device isn't out yet and many people havent gotten a chance to hold one yet, but yeah.

X

x102x96x

Quick question,
i noticed the bezels are slightly thicker than what i expected it to be.
so my question is, to anyone that owns an s4, does the s5 bezels look any thicker than the s4's?
i know the device isn't out yet and many people havent gotten a chance to hold one yet, but yeah.

Yes it s thicker.
but thicker is not that bad. maybe someone like thinner bezel like LG G2 But they should always use good case for it!
cause thr s no durability for G2!
but S5 seems to have good durability!

neugenusis

Mar 9, 2011
Bezels seem bigger and the overall size of the phone is bigger too. I don't understand how it got that much bigger due to screen being 0.1 inch bigger and battery being just 200mah more. See for yourself here

but S5 seems to have good durability!

There's no point in debating durability. We all know if it's dropped without a case, the chance that it breaks is like rolling a dice.

Last edited:

waynester21

Sep 10, 2013
I think the IP67 rating of the phone is the reason the phone is bigger than we would have thought it was gonna be.

Sent from my GT-I9205 using xda app-developers app

msavic6

Jun 28, 2010
Vancouver
just a bit concerned because the bezels are HUGE on my xperia z ):

The S5 will still have way smaller bezels than any of the Xperia Z* devices. While the Z2 may have a 5.2' screen, at least 0.2" are used up by the nav buttons so in reality you really only have a 5" screen for the majority of the time unless you are watching videos where the nav buttons hide away.

The other issue is with the massive bottom bezel and the on screen nav buttons, it leads to an awkward typing experience.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk