[ROM][4.2.2][August 5] Slim Bean-d2(att/bell/telus/rogers) [build 8]

Search This thread

scales11

Jun 14, 2010
Does anyone know what this "mobilepersonalfeeds" application is and why it constantly wants access to my google search?

jpride

Jan 4, 2012
STL
Is Bluetooth supposed to be fully working on 4.2.2 Build 2 Official? I am getting reproduceable strangeness when I pause streaming audio then press play again. Bluetooth connection drops and then comes back in about 30 seconds.

Total Disclosure: using KT747 3/16/13 build. But BT works fine on other ROMs with same.

Thanks.

blk_jack

XDA Labs & Feed Dev/RD
Jun 7, 2010
Toronto
Re: [ROM][4.2.2][March 15] Slim Bean-d2(att/bell/telus/rogers) [build 2]

Does anyone know what this "mobilepersonalfeeds" application is and why it constantly wants access to my google search?

I too received this message multiple times. I was wondering this myself.

All the gapps were updated starting with build 2. As such, you'll see some of them asking for new permissions. This is in some cases because we had to sign the packages ourselves in order to add TRDS. It's not a security issue, it's just the OS (rightfully) thinking there's a new app installed asking for permission to tie in with your Google account.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium

ameanl

Dec 17, 2012
Calgary
Thanks

Hey I just wanted to say you guys did a great job. I've been around the block since I got my phone. I am a ROM flash junkie. But your ROM has 12 stepped me. LOL (corny when I laugh at myself) Thanks. I've been trolling this thread everyday like I don't know how many countless times, gotten a lot of help too.
I use SlimBean I went to the latest version but saw battery drop so I am waiting for next release and for now went back to 422 v1 and BMS (which I read about hear and love it.)
Governor :conservative
Scheduler :noop

LIKEY VERY MUCHY!
PHENOMENAL BATTERY!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-03-20-02-42-59.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-03-20-02-42-59.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 305

Judman

Feb 14, 2013
Hey guys,

Got a weird issue today. Loaded a bunch of music to the SD card and was listening. All of a sudden on a track change the volume becomes extremely loud (turned it volume slider all the way down and it was still hurting my ears) and very modulated. I switched tracks real quick same thing changed again and it was fine except for some digital noise in the background. I did a reboot to see if that would help.

After reboot I go into the music player and try to play some tracks, but they all error out saying the music type is not supported, then all the music on my SD disappears from the player. I open a file browser and my entire SD card has been wiped clean.

I am not an advanced user so if any sort of logs are requested then ill need some guidance.

I didn't lose anything important, but this is the second time this rom has wiped my SD card under seemingly normal operation.

mbc663

Feb 12, 2009
Philadelphia

Hey guys,

Got a weird issue today. Loaded a bunch of music to the SD card and was listening. All of a sudden on a track change the volume becomes extremely loud (turned it volume slider all the way down and it was still hurting my ears) and very modulated. I switched tracks real quick same thing changed again and it was fine except for some digital noise in the background. I did a reboot to see if that would help.

After reboot I go into the music player and try to play some tracks, but they all error out saying the music type is not supported, then all the music on my SD disappears from the player. I open a file browser and my entire SD card has been wiped clean.

I am not an advanced user so if any sort of logs are requested then ill need some guidance.

I didn't lose anything important, but this is the second time this rom has wiped my SD card under seemingly normal operation.

SanDisk 32gb or 64gb? I don't think it's the rom, these cards are known to have issues.

JoshReuben

Jul 10, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
Google Pixel 6

Hey I just wanted to say you guys did a great job. I've been around the block since I got my phone. I am a ROM flash junkie. But your ROM has 12 stepped me. LOL (corny when I laugh at myself) Thanks. I've been trolling this thread everyday like I don't know how many countless times, gotten a lot of help too.
I use SlimBean I went to the latest version but saw battery drop so I am waiting for next release and for now went back to 422 v1 and BMS (which I read about hear and love it.)
Governor :conservative
Scheduler :noop

LIKEY VERY MUCHY!
PHENOMENAL BATTERY!

+1
Better battery life for me with 4.2.2rc1 and Ktoonsez kernel.

blk_jack

XDA Labs & Feed Dev/RD
Jun 7, 2010
Toronto

There's a new version out very soon with a ton of fixes and optimizations. I've personally noticed a huge increase in battery life. Maybe it has to do with the new 3.4 kernel or our libcore changes but it's really great.

Check out the WIP on http://www.slimroms.net/

There's a new version out very soon with a ton of fixes and optimizations. I've personally noticed a huge increase in battery life. Maybe it has to do with the new 3.4 kernel or our libcore changes but it's really great.

Check out the WIP on http://www.slimroms.net/

Are you talking about a new rom? :fingers-crossed: :D Either way, I love this rom, and won't go to anything else!

Looking forward to this update, by the looks of the website, seems like its the rom

---------- Post added at 08:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 PM ----------

On a different note, what are everyone's setting for the slim kernel for good battery life? What have you guys set the scheduler and governor to?

Last edited:

t.square

Aug 1, 2012
Montreal
Just ditched Chrome and went back to the stock browser. This is an old issue, searched for it and last post is from Feb. 19th but here goes: Have the quick controls been fixed in the stock browser when using 241 DPI?

Can't wait for 4.2.2 Build 2.5 :D

Wond3r

Aug 24, 2008

Do those new camera support features of the WIP also apply to the front camera? Will we be able to get full resolution of the front camera now?

Sent from my SGH-I747M using xda app-developers app

Judman

Feb 14, 2013
SanDisk 64gig with no issues... What were your installation steps?

I had this issue on a few other ROMS but not with slim bean thus far. Maybe try a fresh install and wipe everything including format/system. Maybe reminents from another rom. Not sure. I don't know your flashing history. :silly:

Did a full clean install with build one. Upgraded to build two when it came out.

I started on a clean slate with built one and just restored app data on select apps with TiB.

The Rom performed flawlessly until the audio issue yesterday with the stock music app then BAM sdcard wiped on restart!!

anilrawal

Apr 5, 2011
Screen does not turn on

Did a clean install for build 2, and have encountered this issue couple of times in last few days.
The phone is idle, and when I try to use it my screen will not turn on, the only way to fix is to take out battery and reboot.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SlimBeanOP2.png

Disclaimer: We are not responsible for any damages on your device.

Original Slim Features:

1. The Real Dark Slim
    2. Notification drawer Shortcuts
    3. Full hardware key rebinding!
    4. Keyboard rotation
    5. SlimCenter

Check out our full feature list here

Changelog
    Find our latest Changelog go here

Chat with the slim team and other slim users
    • IRC: #slimusers @ freenode
    • New to IRC? Don't have a native app? Try the Freenode web client [link] or the Firefox extension Chatzilla [link]
    • Google+ [link]
    • Twitter [link]
    • Facebook [Link]

Installation instructions
    For Most Users
    Please keep in mind if a special instruction is needed it will be noted in the Changelog
    • Download the latest build from [here]
    • Addons ( if you don't have it already) from [here]
    • !Recommended! Full wipe, and manual format /system
    • Flash ROM and the addons you want, reboot

FAQ
    Check out out FAQ before posting! Keeps more common questions answered in one place!

Help us out!
    If you want to help us by translating slim to your language check out Crowdin.net and submite your translations.
    Or consider a donation.

Thanks!
    You can find the full list of credits here

Source
    Please visit here for the rom source code.
    Kernel source can be found here
    what are the chances of having "halo" added this weekend?
    Would also like to see halo added to this great ROM. Would only make it better IMO.

So I'll go ahead & spill the beans -- we've been testing Halo internally & it's making the rounds in our code review. I can almost guarantee it will get merged at some point in the near future. It will have some slim-only modifications done to offer a few extra things.

Not going to say too much, but I'm adding a "big" feature on top of Halo myself that I'll get started on this weekend & next week (vacation!). That said, we're pretty anal about code quality & while I'm sure PA has done an excellent job, we always modify features we borrow for slim and co-opt them in our own way. So it definitely won't be in this weekly, but there are some Slim devs very excited about this and it's getting its share of internal attention.

Hats off to the PA team for yet another innovative & brilliant feature!!
    Just to break the 4.3 silence...

4.3 beta 2 for d2att/d2tmo will be released tomorrow with our automated weeklies. I'll be starting a new thread for it so stay tuned for that. This thread will effectively be retired and all 4.3 discussions should be sent to the new one (which I'll link).

4.3 is very stable and very fast for the d2att, I think you guys will be very happy. All Slim features have been ported over with even more bugfixes from issues we didn't even know we had in 4.2.2 but were found through rigorous testing.
    Is it generally true that whatever bugs cyanogenmod has, that slim bean will also have? Or is slim bean more stable than cyanogenmod?

Sent from my Nexus 7

Yes and no. Slim uses (like most/almost all AOSP based non-nexus device roms) CyanogenMod's device repositories. These repos consist almost entirely of upstream code and in the case of this device specifically, qualcomm and their code aurora forum branches.

So there is and always will be what a lot of people have coined as upstream issues (bluetooth, camera, call hang up freezes, audio glitching, etc). Issues between our hardware and libraries that is in a constant state of development. The difficult thing about these issues is because we're only provided binary blobs instead of actual source, our hands are tied until those binaries are updated for new versions of android or (again in our case) qualcomm updates their chipset branches. As for the device level code that qualcomm provides, I would say that it is beyond 99.99% of XDA's "developers" -- especially considering most devs/ROMs on XDA contain little to no original code or features and that a lot of ROM authors are actually just chefs, cherry picking other people's commits with slight changes here & there to make the code work together. Lately we've been calling them kitchen sink ROMS, since some people are just throwing everything in but the kitchen sink, regardless of how it affects device speed or stability.

Any and every feature you add has the potential to introduce new instabilities and problems. Pick your poison, really. Though I'd like to think we do a pretty damn good job of testing and reviewing all our code before it's merged in github, let alone release to you guys. We have a strict gerrit code review process where in each commit lives for review while we test on all our supported devices. One thing you won't see in our source, which you definitely can't say for most other ROMs, is commits with messages like "Oops!" or "Derp!". That is a very telling sign that the ROM you're going to flash has "developers" who are just pushing broken and buggy code to the github before really testing it themselves and have no actual development experience themselves.

When I put on my typical user hat, that kind of thing is very scary and I stay away from those kinds of ROMs.
    Build 4.1 update

SlimBean 4.2.2 build 4.1

I know we normally don't do this kind of thing, but given the circumstances with the CM display updates and the fact that new kernels would not be compatible with build 4, we pushed an update to address that. You shouldn't have to do a full wipe to upgrade from 4 to 4.1. Obviously if you have nutty issues then wipe, reproduce & let me know.

Changes:
    • Display and Audio CAF updates (CM)
    • Loads of kernel updates
    • SlimIRC nickname pop-up fix
    - Download build 4.1

I've also been providing you guys with an "addon" kernel. It's based entirely off CM's stock kernel with a few extras. The build 4.1 addon kernel has the following:
    • Latest CM changes as of 04/20
    • Minimum 192mhz frequency
    • Added governors: wheatley, lulzactive, dancedance
    • USB fastcharge
    • Vibration control (Settings -> Performance -> Vibration Strength)
    • Faux sound control
    • morfic/trinity colors
    It's a kernel for people who don't want anything too fancy, just a little something extra.

- Download build 4.1 addon kernel

The source is on my github here. Thanks to ktoonsez and GideonX!