Galaxy S III to be unvieled May 3rd?

Search This thread

zander145

Oct 3, 2010
Wilmington
Just saw a article on engadget saying the next galaxy phone will be coming out may 3rd in London. Would link to it but I was using the engadget app.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using xda premium

K

Killbynature

It's official

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1334582844789.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1334582844789.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 683

zander145

Oct 3, 2010
Wilmington
Sad part is I only just got this phone in December. I'll have to wait a while for the galaxy to be in my hands...

zander145

Oct 3, 2010
Wilmington
I'm in the same boat. Only have had mine a few months. What will really fire me up is if it comes out before we have ICS on this one lol.
Ah, I'm running ICS right now and judging from some other threads I saw we might be getting ICS soon.
Rev 2 of our phones will be shipping with ICS apparently.

8Fishes

Feb 14, 2012
Sad part is I only just got this phone in December. I'll have to wait a while for the galaxy to be in my hands...

Unless you wanted to wait until November to get the SIII, you made a good choice.
SII came out in April, landed in USA carriers in november. Just because they are doing an unveiling doesn't mean it'll come onto market the next day...

But I suppose you have the option of paying 600+ dollars for unlocked, international which still isnt a bad price, but I can think of a few places to put that 600 besides a phone. I'm happy I got the SII for FAR on the down payment.

relldroid

May 11, 2011
Tampa
Can always sell the SII and buy the SIII that way you save some bread..... but I can't wait to see this bad boy, even tho I may not want my SII anymore bcuz of it

SGH-T989

monkeypaws

Feb 19, 2012
I bought thisnphone onnlaunch day at tmobile. I di agree it wont be getting launhed here in the states till way after the international release. Im saying 6 months after intl gets it well start to get news about carrier releases. If i do get it im buying it unlocked. But i did promise myself id stick with a phone until its no longer usable. I love my sgs2. Updates can wait because this can do everyrhing i need. I can do other thinga with 600+ dollars.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using XDA

sunlaw2

Aug 11, 2011
Its possible the release will be worldwide,not just euro/asia.
Might be why t-mo went with HTC one s.
I read an article or two its a worldwide release!

relldroid

May 11, 2011
Tampa
Its possible the release will be worldwide,not just euro/asia.
Might be why t-mo went with HTC one s.
I read an article or two its a worldwide release!

I'm guessing it will be awhile before we get it. All this confirms is an unveiling over seas.

On a side note check my new sig guys thought it was cool

Apples iPhone, There's a patent for that. Solving lifes dilemmas one lawsuit at a time.

androidtoy09

Jun 2, 2009
I have little faith it will launch on US carriers the same day. We all know how US Carriers have serious fetish with bloats.

Danial723

Dec 12, 2011
Anthony
What I have heard is the moved back the launch date so it will launch in the states at the same time

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium

real_khali

Feb 1, 2012
Orlando, FL
twitter.com
This is utter BULLHONKY. I've had this phone since October and have been patiently waiting for ICS, and I swear that if Galaxy S III comes out before ICS for Galaxy S II I will DISOWN SAMSUNG and never buy a phone from them.

---------- Post added at 03:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:00 PM ----------

Ok, I probably won't because I love my Galaxy that much..but askfasdfoasgdfasdygfhioasdbfhioasbgdfioasgdhilgfasildgfyioasgfilasgdfhgasildfgasildgdfklaskdfka

Makes me want to!!!

sunlaw2

Aug 11, 2011
Worldwide meaning US or us too.
Probably not.

Jjday7

Dec 1, 2007
I have little faith it will launch on US carriers the same day. We all know how US Carriers have serious fetish with bloats.

Exactly!! Anyone who thinks this phone will drop in the US anytime soon is crazy. Bloatware comes first when it comes to phones in the US. carriers will try anything to get more money from you. We were the last to see the galaxy sII on tmobile. Why would we see this phone anytime before January next year?

If there is no option for native ICS then I will pass. The galaxy sII will live on long past the release of the gsIII..

Last edited:

ghettoc401

Apr 24, 2008
Well if it does get launched before June (which looks to be the case) I'm selling this phone and getting the international version. The 4G speeds don't matter to me since I never get over 8mbps anyway. I'd rather have the phone that gets updates right away and has better rom development.

Top Liked Posts