[MOD] Phantom Voicemail Notification Fix [AOKPM5] 160dpi Support

Search This thread

sonarchist

Mar 27, 2011
Washington, DC
Confirmed to work on AOKP (MS4)......happily, managed to get thru some serious bandwidth + grab a DL..........thanks to you for porting + danipoak for finding this for us!

beltsnspoons

Jul 28, 2011
Dayton, Ohio
What is this phantom voicemail everyone keeps talking about in the status bar/notification drawer? I've been on cm9 since alpha 0 and I've never experienced this. I do get the annoying 9016 text messages after every voicemail though. Does this disable that as well?

I'm on aokp now and I still don't get any voicemail notifications in the status bar/notification drawer. I'm sure this must be quite annoying for those of you who are experiencing this, so thanks for this mod. I would definitely like to disable the stupid text messages, so if this does that, thanks again. I've tried just switching to google voicebut for some reason I get "ohone number cannot be verified" errors. Maybe because I'm on a family plan and my phone isn't the primary number? If that's it, does anyone know if I put the primary number on google voice if it will let me put the secondary number on? I should probably ask this somewhere else or look at the google voice help page or something, but i figure maybe one of you mmight know and can help me save the headache.

Last edited:

gmorf33

Oct 15, 2010
will this work on CM9 beta2? After messing with google voice integration I have the voicemail notification that just wont' go away. I don't get constant notifications, its just the same notification stuck there. Reboots, etc do not clear it.

tbob18

Jul 24, 2007
Chicago
www.flickr.com
will this work on CM9 beta2? After messing with google voice integration I have the voicemail notification that just wont' go away. I don't get constant notifications, its just the same notification stuck there. Reboots, etc do not clear it.

I believe it is built in Beta 1 and 2, but I have not tried either so I cannot confirm it.
Try this: Open up the Phone app, Menu Button > Settings > Voicemail Notifications > Disable

dps33

Oct 4, 2008
Saginaw
I believe it is built in Beta 1 and 2, but I have not tried either so I cannot confirm it.
Try this: Open up the Phone app, Menu Button > Settings > Voicemail Notifications > Disable

No, it doe snot work. I have also tried disabling notification under phone app an dstill get msg form 9016

wtogami

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 6, 2010
Could you please remove the CM9 beta link and instead document the official way to disable voicemail notifications in the settings menu? You are confusing people.

tbob18

Jul 24, 2007
Chicago
www.flickr.com
Could you please remove the CM9 beta link and instead document the official way to disable voicemail notifications in the settings menu? You are confusing people.

It clearly says Beta 0 which did not have the setting yet, but that is ancient so I'll go ahead and remove it.

According to the the posters above the setting does not seem to take effect, but I have not confirmed this.

wtogami

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 6, 2010
It clearly says Beta 0 which did not have the setting yet, but that is ancient so I'll go ahead and remove it.

According to the the posters above the setting does not seem to take effect, but I have not confirmed this.

Phantom Voicemail notification that you previously could not dismiss is a different issue from the annoying text messages from 9016.

tbob18

Jul 24, 2007
Chicago
www.flickr.com
Phantom Voicemail notification that you previously could not dismiss is a different issue from the annoying text messages from 9016.

I believe the number did default to 9016 the last time I used CM9, and gmorf33 said that the message could not be cleared.. So it sounds like it is not a text message issue, but a perpetual notification.

When I get a chance I'll test Beta 2 and see if I get the Phantom Notification.

gmorf33

Oct 15, 2010
I believe the number did default to 9016 the last time I used CM9, and gmorf33 said that the message could not be cleared.. So it sounds like it is not a text message issue, but a perpetual notification.

When I get a chance I'll test Beta 2 and see if I get the Phantom Notification.

I managed to get it cleared by unchecking the vm notification box, rechecking it, powering off, then turning it back on. Weird, but it worked. Sorry I forgot to post previously that I had gotten it fixed

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA

Top Liked Posts