Search This thread

Lethe6

Sep 11, 2012
TF101
android 4.0.3
build 9.2.1.27-20120615

Any method to root without cable? I do not have the usb cable to connect TF101 to computer.

Do you have a custom recovery installed already? If you do, just need a superuser.zip file or something then boot into recovery and flash that. Otherwise I doubt it's possible, but I could be wrong.

Edit: actually if you set up ADB wifi, then install TWRP the "not recommended way", you just need to grab a superuser file from say, easyflasher, put it on your SD card, reboot in recovery then flash it. Voila. Everything can be done over wireless.

Last edited:

Lethe6

Sep 11, 2012
Thanks for the reply. I am going to try. ADB wifi requires root. Anyway around this?

Damn I forgot about that... looks like you need 4.0.4 to be able to use ADB wifi without root... see this.

Maybe try this out? They claim it works on unrooted devices, but I don't have one to test it on, all mine are rooted.

Good luck!

Thing O Doom

Mar 10, 2012
Phoenix
Thanks for the reply. I am going to try. ADB wifi requires root. Anyway around this?

You can use USB-Otg if you have a dock and another android device to connect via usb that's ICS or later (ish.)

Also could use wireless ADB as suggested, you can run the exploit in my PERI tool, just download from thread in my sig, then open the batchfileintxt.txt and look for the exploit commands about 3/4ths the way down.

Also could find the commands in wolf's exploit thread

catflip

May 28, 2008
which usb otg sould I use from the play store? Does the device that is connected to the dock by usb have to be rooted?

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using xda app-developers app

Djones09

Sep 1, 2009
Transformer 101 rooting

It seems like this apk is only for TF101's with Gingerbread. Will this work with Android 4.0.3 Build number 9.2.1.27? Or is there one that works with this version? My Original usb cable broke or I would use the one click root, I have a 3rd party cable but it only charges my tablet. Thanks to anyone who can help, ICS is running extremely slow :/ I can barely use my tablet.

fabioporto

Jan 19, 2011
TF101
android 4.0.3
build 9.2.1.27-20120615

Any method to root without cable? I do not have the usb cable to connect TF101 to computer.

I really wish there was. I have at least 3 different cables but my transformer simply won't be recognized by any computer anymore, but even though it still charges perfectly.

If you find a positive answer to that question please share =)

chrisp9au

Dec 25, 2012
Kyneton, VIC
Advice please

Having trouble finding Razorclaw for my tablet.
The android.mobi link seems to be broken?

My tablet...
Asus Transformer TF101G S/N: B90KAS157873 12
Android: 4.0.3
Kernel: 2.6.39.4 android@Mercury#1
Build: IML74K.WW_epad9.2.2.6-20120525

I've tried from my desktop but get "Exploit not found"
I have a USB cable if necessary.

Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks

Chris

frederuco

Feb 27, 2012
Having trouble finding Razorclaw for my tablet.
The android.mobi link seems to be broken?

My tablet...
Asus Transformer TF101G S/N: B90KAS157873 12
Android: 4.0.3
Kernel: 2.6.39.4 android@Mercury#1
Build: IML74K.WW_epad9.2.2.6-20120525

I've tried from my desktop but get "Exploit not found"
I have a USB cable if necessary.

Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks

Chris

RazorClaw only worked on one firmware build 18+ months ago.

Have a look here: http://www.transformerforums.com/fo...t/31927-frederuco-s-guide-root-rom-tf101.html

This works on all firmware of the TF101 (non 3G)

chrisp9au

Dec 25, 2012
Kyneton, VIC
Thank you!

I actually managed to fix the problem by uninstalling the Android device on my desktop and allowing it to re-install.
Everything worked perfectly and I'm now rooted.
Now I have to work out how to install CWM Recovery as all the links I can find are dead.

Thanks again,

Chris

baseballfanz

Oct 19, 2010
Sugar Land TX
Samsung Galaxy A52 5G
Thank you!

I actually managed to fix the problem by uninstalling the Android device on my desktop and allowing it to re-install.
Everything worked perfectly and I'm now rooted.
Now I have to work out how to install CWM Recovery as all the links I can find are dead.

Thanks again,

Chris

Try here, now I don't know if RecoveryInstaller still work or not but you can try.(bben a long time since i had to root and install recovery so kinda out of the loop a little there)
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=22359727&postcount=218

One version will install CWM (Older version) and the other will install Team Rouge Recovery. Once done you can flash the latest version of CWM.

You could also use GOO Manager to install TWRP.

Last edited:
Reactions: chrisp9au

chrisp9au

Dec 25, 2012
Kyneton, VIC
All fixed!

You are a champion, all done!

Thanks you so much for your advice and your time!

---------- Post added at 12:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 AM ----------

Whoops, I think I spoke to soon!

My TF101G appears to be hung booting into CyanogenMod 9.1.0
It's been doing this for a while now, something is definitely wrong.

Rebooting into recovery and trying to do a restore tells me 'No files found'
that doesn't sound good!
I'm thinking my only course of action is to wipe back to factory data?

If you have another answer I'd love to hear it!

Chris

chrisp9au

Dec 25, 2012
Kyneton, VIC
I didn't do a wipe.
But I'm sure I did a back up?
I had a couple of interruptions from family whilst I was doing it
so it's possible something went wrong.
If I have to go back to factory setup I don't lose any data, just apps.
And a stack of time!

Is that my only option now?

Chris

tripranav

Oct 7, 2010
Hello Everyone,

Is there any fix available to root the TF101 which has a serial number starting with B70??
Also is the 4.0.3 the last official firmware update? Or we can update to the latest one as well?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This thread is dedicated to helping you root your ASUS Transformer. Either method may not work if you are using a device with serial number 'B70' or above.

If you have updated your Transformer to 8.6.5.21 using the latest OTA, please install the downgrade-fix below, 8.6.6.19, to successfully use Razorclaw.

Video

Resources

Razorclaw: http://androidroot.mobi/2011/11/14/introducing-razorclaw-v1

It is extremely important you read the Razorclaw documentation in full.

Update to 8.6.5.13: http://support.asus.com/download.aspx?..
    Update to 8.6.5.19/Fix for 8.6.5.21 users: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1417006
    You must update to 8.6.5.13 to update to 8.6.5.19.

NVFlash: http://www.xda-developers.com/nvflash.zip

NVFlash ROM's: PRIME and Revolver

Text and images

update-razorclaw.png

Unbrick Your Device / How to use NVFlash

In the unlikely event you brick your device, don't worry, it can be saved. It's very easy. Please download NVFlash and any ROM flashable using NVFlash above, and follow the steps below.

Put your device in APX mode: Connect your device to your computer via USB and power on the device holding both the Power and Volume Up buttons for about 3-5 seconds. The screen will remain black.

Install the required drivers for APX: If you haven't installed them already, find your “APX” device in Device Manager and update driver manually, pointing it at usbpcdriver in the nvflash.zip.

Prepare your ROM: Download your chosen NVFlash ROM and place the system.img, recovery.img, and boot.img in the nvflashtf directory. "/nvflash/nvflashtf/".

Start the process: Run download.sh (Linux only) or download.bat (Windows only) to start the process.

NOTE: NVFLASH CAN ONLY BE USED ON AN SBK1 DEVICE. PLEASE CHECK YOUR DEVICE IS COMPATIBLE BEFORE ATTEMPTING THIS METHOD.
    Hey guys,

I was driven to despair by the constant reboots and batterydrains (and it seems i am not alone). First i figured ASUS would be hotfixing this quite quickly, but this week i got tired of waiting, googled the crap out of it, found xda, and discovered i would need root and replace kernel and/or firmware. The replacing of stuff has not happened yet (that'll be for the weekend), but i wanted to share the steps i took to get root and install CWM, for the people who happen to be on the same series/firmware.

Model : TF101, serial B60 (the illusive B** can be found on a sticker next to the charging inlet at the bottom of your tablet)

Build Number : IML74K.WW_epad-9.2.1.17

1) Download ViperMod PrimeTime (latest current version is 4.5). Its folder contains drivers for your tablet, you will have to install these (control panel>hardware and sounds>device management, select your asus, doubleclick the "asus android composite adb interface", go to "driver", select update, and then select the folder you unzipped vipermod into, make sure you flag 'select underlying folders')

2) Run the exe in the vipermod folder to get root privileges . Option 3 (recommended option) failed for me a couple times, but option 1 did it! U Haz Root!! congratz

3) Make sure rooting was achieved, and do it in a useful way : download Titanium Backup from the Market (or google play if u like that name more), and run it. If rooting failed, you will get a message saying titanium backup didnt receive root. If rooting was succesful, you can give TB permission to run with superuser privileges.

4) Since you are probably about to do some 'dangerous' stuff, and you have Titanium Backup opened anyway, backing up your system and user files may be a good idea :)

5) ViperMod could not flash ClockWorkRecovery for me, but thanks to gnufabio's RecoveryInstaller(download and run from your tablet to install) i managed to install it AND acces recovery. I tried ROMManager as well, with no succes, it would not allow me to reboot into recovery. So yay for gnufabio

That's my progress report so far, later this weekend i will be trying to flash a new kernel and try some ROMs while i'm at it.

Hope this helps anyone with my model/build who needs to get root/recovery, consider it a brief thank you for all the useful info i found here
    Hi there,

Anyone have a procedure to root the 9.2.1.17 firmware?

Thanks.

Have you try http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=21009605
    I wrote a tutorial on how to root your .21 Transformer, based upon Wolf's method. If anyone's interested, it can be found here:
    http://freek.ws/2012/05/07/howto-ro...s-9-4-2-21-without-unlocking-your-bootloader/
    Version 8.6.6.19 is supported for the TF101G, but I cannot test 8.6.6.23. Download the tool and have a look. Please report your experience so I can update this thread.

I try with Razorclaw but it fails.

Can I downgrade to 8.6.6.19?