[GAME][2.3+] BallMaze! (Material Puzzle Game, Google Play Game Services, Mutiplayer!)

Search This thread

oprisnik

Aug 11, 2009
A new version of BallMaze has been released.
It includes new languages (French, Spanish, and Russian), Android 4.4 support, navigation drawer layout changes, and some bugfixes.

oprisnik

Aug 11, 2009
BallMaze is on Black Friday sale today! Only 0.99$ instead of 1.49$!

In addition, a new version has just been released, which includes a new tab strip for the level overview.

Enjoy!

oprisnik

Aug 11, 2009
Realy awesome game !
can you share some tips of how you made it ? Game Engine ?

Thanks!

Well, I don't use a game engine, I've implemented everything by myself using standard Android APIs, including some custom views.
For backwards compatibility, I'm using ActionBarSherlock and NineOldAndroids .
The library for the navigation tabs is called PagerSlidingTabStrip.

Tips:
Android design guidelines
Android developers Youtube page: ADiA, DevBytes, ...

Reactions: silvbm

khaytsus

Apr 8, 2008
Central Kentucky
Nice game, I hadn't seen in the market yet, I'll certainly give it 5 stars.

I'm not that great with marketing, but seems to me the paid version isn't compelling compared to the free version. Seems like the free would only have single player mode, paid would have all of the multiplayer etc, and probably game sync etc. Maybe just something to think about if your paid version sales are slow. At the same time, taking features away from the existing one will annoy the existing users, so possibly not the greatest PR move... 1 stars would be given by users. :(

Anyway, I'll be buying it just to support it and future games, good stuff. Frustrating to get 4 stars on every level, but that's the point, eh? :)

Reactions: oprisnik

oprisnik

Aug 11, 2009
Thanks!

Nice game, I hadn't seen in the market yet, I'll certainly give it 5 stars.

I'm not that great with marketing, but seems to me the paid version isn't compelling compared to the free version. Seems like the free would only have single player mode, paid would have all of the multiplayer etc, and probably game sync etc. Maybe just something to think about if your paid version sales are slow. At the same time, taking features away from the existing one will annoy the existing users, so possibly not the greatest PR move... 1 stars would be given by users. :(

Anyway, I'll be buying it just to support it and future games, good stuff. Frustrating to get 4 stars on every level, but that's the point, eh? :)

Thanks for your support! ;)

Yes, unfortunately the paid version is not really successful. At least the Lite version has advertisements ;)
I enabled the multiplayer modes for Lite because there's the option to play against random opponents. In order to lower the waiting time, I thought I'd include all free users (you still have to wait very long though) :)
As you've said, removing features isn't a good idea.

I'm thinking about adding the possibility to unlock new level packs via in-app purchases.
Maybe it would also be a good idea to make BallMaze unlimited an unlock key. New users can remove the ads via in-app purchases.

Another possibility would be to make the unlimited version more prominent in lite - e.g. by showing all available levels and grey out levels only available for BallMaze unlimited.

Reactions: khaytsus

hasenbein1966

Aug 9, 2011
Impossible Level?

First, thank you, really great game!

But are all levels really solvable?

After thinking and thinking about it, I have come to the conclusion that level 27 of the 8x8 levels is not solvable.

It's impossible to get onto the 3rd row from below, thus impossible to enter the target square from left or right.

oprisnik

Aug 11, 2009
First, thank you, really great game!

But are all levels really solvable?

After thinking and thinking about it, I have come to the conclusion that level 27 of the 8x8 levels is not solvable.

It's impossible to get onto the 3rd row from below, thus impossible to enter the target square from left or right.

Thanks!
Yes, all levels are solvable.

Level 27 of "Squares 8x8" can be solved with 7 moves.

I can give you a hint (e.g. the first move) if you want ;)

oprisnik

Aug 11, 2009
Yeah, sometimes you just don't see the solution immediately, even if it is not that hard to find ;)

oprisnik

Aug 11, 2009
Hi!

A new version of BallMaze has just been released, which adds a little more color to the level overview tabs.
Furthermore, the user's profile picture is shown in the navigation drawer.
Chinese translations have been added as well. Big thanks to all translators :)

Last edited:
Reactions: silvbm and next2u

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everybody!

I would like to present you my Android game - BallMaze.

material_3devices2.png

BallMaze is a fun and addicting puzzle game.
    You have to get the ball on a target field by rolling it through an unlimited number of challenging mazes.

The rules are simple:
    The ball rolls until it hits an obstacle. Blocking fields have different colors and you can select which color blocks the ball.
    Different game modes include real-time multiplayer challenges as well as singleplayer fun.
    No worries - a tutorial will guide you through the first levels!

Google Play Game Services integration!
    Sign in with your Google account to sync your scores and stars between all your devices!
    Achievements and leaderboards - share your progress with your friends and try to climb the leaderboards.
    Thanks to Cloud Save, your progress will be synced between all your devices and between all editions of BallMaze (Lite and Unlimited).

Real-time Multiplayer: Challenge your friends and see who is the best!
    There are two different multiplayer modes available: 1v1 Challenge and 5 wins.
    - In 1v1 Challenge, you have to solve 5 levels in a row. The first one to solve all levels, wins.
    - In 5 wins, you can play with up to three friends. You all play on the same board and the first of you to reach the target wins the round. Win 5 rounds to be the champion.
    All multiplayer levels are automatically generated so that it never gets boring.

Singleplayer:
    - Levels: Over 1600 pre-loaded levels (300 in Lite), different difficulties, sizes and styles guarantee hours of gameplay.
    - Time Race: Solve as many mazes as you can - until the time is up. You start with 60 seconds and for each solved level you get a time bonus and points. With an unlimited number of automatically generated levels it never gets boring.

A colorblind mode is available as well.

Ball Maze Lite edition (free)- 300 pre-loaded levels:

Ball Maze Unlimited edition- no ads, Time Race mode and 1600 pre-loaded levels:

Follow BallMaze on Google+ or on Facebook.

Suggest and vote for new features at http://ballmaze.uservoice.com/
    Want to help translate BallMaze? Visit http://getlocalization.com/ballmaze/

Feedback and suggestions are always appreciated!

Have fun!

Hi!

A new version of BallMaze has just been released, which adds a little more color to the level overview tabs.
    Furthermore, the user's profile picture is shown in the navigation drawer.
    Chinese translations have been added as well. Big thanks to all translators :)
    The game is so addicting I wish there will be more features to come..!! :)

Thanks! :)
    Anything in specific you would like to have?
    I'm always trying to improve the game.
    An unlimited mode is in the works and I might add some new level packs as well.

+1 I usually play hardcore graphics games but because of the holo look and how the game works for me its the best mind testing game Ive*played. Already played this for less than an hour until level 26 of think! Chapter. I wish the developer would make more of this kind of games with Google's new ui

Thanks again!
    If you have ideas for new games, feel free to share them ;)
    The new version has already been released.
    Full change log:

v3.5.0:
    - Optimized landscape/tablet layouts
    - Optional exit warning for Time Race mode
    - Fixed Cloud Save bug
    - Updated Google Play Game Services to new API
    - Updated error dialogs
    I'll help you to translate this game into Bahasa Indonesia as much as I can :good::)