[Q] yellow/orange color problem

Search This thread

drarich

Jun 11, 2009
Zurich
Hi
I have exactly the same problem as described in this Note 10.1(2014) post:

"Hi there,
not sure if it is the same thing. No matter what [Display/screen] mode I choose, yellow comes out quite muddy and dirty, I am not able to get a clear, nice yellow out of the screen, always turns out like brownish. Is this common? I had read about "accurate colors" which isn't the case with my unit. Other colors seem more natural to me...
Thanks in advance
Froschfinger"

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2500508&page=2

On my screen, all other colors than yellow/orange look great....
But the difference in yellow/orange - when compared with a Galaxy s4 or iPad - is clearly visible. Have a look at a Shell, Tide or DHL logo or compare with the yellow in the chrome logo.

Does anyone experience the same issue?

drarich

Jun 11, 2009
Zurich
yellow/orange color problem example picture

Here is an example of the different yellow colors between Note Pro 12.2, Galaxy S4 and iPad2 in a picture (out of camera).

Attachments

• DFB_1519c_resize.jpg
    DFB_1519c_resize.jpg
    220.7 KB · Views: 695

drarich

Jun 11, 2009
Zurich
Similar case to the lenovo Yoga 2 Pro "yellow correction"?

I hope it's not similar to the Lenovo "yellow correction" problem. The display of the yoga 2 Pro has similar technology as the Note Pro and many Lenovo users reported the "yellow" problem (a 116 pages thread in their support forum...):

"“The Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro utilizes a Samsung LCD panel with a Pentile Red-Green-Blue-White (RGBW) pixel matrix, as opposed to a standard Red-Green-Blue (RGB) matrix on more conventional LCD panels.”

=> look for "Yoga 2 Pro 13 Yellow Color Issues" at the lenovo forums,
the pictures in the first post are very similar to mine...

The good news: It seems that a BIOS Update by Lenovo helped to solve the problem there.

tanapongs

Apr 14, 2011
I just found this issue.

In my opinion, samsung put the CMYK filter in the display software . this make bright yellow in RGB turn into "process yellow" in CMYK (make the yellow is more brown.) which is more accurate for printing .:confused:
but on the LCD screen like computor and other mobilephone, it look dull and too dark.:crying:

dodo99x

Apr 2, 2011
Ottawa
Might be something wrong with yours. Yellow seems ok on mine. Sm-p900 vs Nexus 10

e3ytanug.jpg

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

alnahdi

Sep 18, 2012
pink color problem

Hi
I have exactly the same problem as described in this Note 10.1(2014) post:

"Hi there,
not sure if it is the same thing. No matter what [Display/screen] mode I choose, yellow comes out quite muddy and dirty, I am not able to get a clear, nice yellow out of the screen, always turns out like brownish. Is this common? I had read about "accurate colors" which isn't the case with my unit. Other colors seem more natural to me...
Thanks in advance
Froschfinger"

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2500508&page=2

On my screen, all other colors than yellow/orange look great....
But the difference in yellow/orange - when compared with a Galaxy s4 or iPad - is clearly visible. Have a look at a Shell, Tide or DHL logo or compare with the yellow in the chrome logo.

Does anyone experience the same issue?

i have another color issue but with pink color i have patches of pink color in the bottom of the screen?

Attachments

• 20140722_212354.jpg
    20140722_212354.jpg
    270.6 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:

suligoesmaraccas

Oct 5, 2013
Hey guys. I noticed that whenever I pull down my notification / settings bar the yellows displayed on background stuff looks normal. This is kind of an annoying find, as it shows that the note pro is capable of correct colors :(

Yonany

Mar 12, 2016
I know that its a old thread, but is there a solution to that problem?
yellow on the Note Pro 12.2 looks more like mustard.

Don't compare an LCD display to a LED display, especially an AMOLED or a Retina display.

The color gamut in an AMOLED display is 4 times that of an LCD display. That means an AMOLED display can display 4 times more vibrant colours than an LCD display.

An LCD panel will never display the same level of colour vibrancy as a LED panel. Which is why LED panels are so much more expensive. (A NotePro with an AMOLED display would've cost over 2000 quid.)

There's no solution because there is no problem. It's just how an LCD displays yellow.

Using a colour correction app won't work, because you can't increase the vibrancy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Yonany

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Don't compare an LCD display to a LED display, especially an AMOLED or a Retina display.

The color gamut in an AMOLED display is 4 times that of an LCD display. That means an AMOLED display can display 4 times more vibrant colours than an LCD display.

An LCD panel will never display the same level of colour vibrancy as a LED panel. Which is why LED panels are so much more expensive. (A NotePro with an AMOLED display would've cost over 2000 quid.)

There's no solution because there is no problem. It's just how an LCD displays yellow.

Using a colour correction app won't work, because you can't increase the vibrancy.