I read a couple diff root methods on google do any of them work

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Free mobile app

mrraya

Dec 12, 2012
But will it trip Knox that's where its up in the air

Shubox

Jun 29, 2010
I searched around and can't find anything either. Friend of mine got replacement now he's screwed.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

mattdiehl83

Jul 1, 2014
The Great Philadelphia
towelroot

TowelRoot should work with 4.4

No...towelroot will NOT work for sch-i605 at all. Device is not supported. There is no root method that i am aware of at this point for us. I check in with xda everyday just hopping.:crying:

---------- Post added at 11:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 AM ----------

As of now guys we all are stuck with a locked and stock 4.4 sch-i605. When or if they find a method i dont know if knox would be a huge deal at that point. I rooted my wifes sch-i747 (att s3) and supersu disabled knox no problem. Seems that the devs may have moved on to other projects. Lets just hope SOMEONE gets around to our device. --waiting patiently--:angel:

jpatt

Jan 14, 2011
Cleveland
Considering that Knox is the premier security program to be included on every Android L phone not just Samsung, I doubt the amount of time needed to circumvent is not worth the effort on the 605. Don't hold your breathe that we will ever get root.

Znomon

Dec 31, 2011
the only thing you can do (and idk if everyone can do it) is to odin flash back to 4.3 (MJ9) and then root from there.

unfortunately that doesnt include a bootloader unlock. but then you can safestrap and install /any/ touchwiz rom

mattnmag

Feb 6, 2013
the only thing you can do (and idk if everyone can do it) is to odin flash back to 4.3 (MJ9) and then root from there.

unfortunately that doesnt include a bootloader unlock. but then you can safestrap and install /any/ touchwiz rom

Can you confirm if you've actually been able to successfully do this? If you have, then this would be great news for those who want root, but took the OTA up to 4.4.2.

Znomon

Dec 31, 2011
Can you confirm if you've actually been able to successfully do this? If you have, then this would be great news for those who want root, but took the OTA up to 4.4.2.

Yes, I did this myself on my phone before I switched out the motherboards.

From ND7, you can flash back to MJ9, and then you can root, and then use safestrap to install certain specific ROMs

I will edit this post if i find a link to a tutorial

Damn I downgraded from ND3, not ND7, my apologies.

Here is the Link anyway http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2752360

I don't have a way to test if there is a way to downgrade.

Last edited:

mattnmag

Feb 6, 2013
Yes, I did this myself on my phone before I switched out the motherboards.

From ND7, you can flash back to MJ9, and then you can root, and then use safestrap to install certain specific ROMs

I will edit this post if i find a link to a tutorial

Damn I downgraded from ND3, not ND7, my apologies.

Here is the Link anyway http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2752360

I don't have a way to test if there is a way to downgrade.

Cool. Thanks for the confirmation. I knew you could go from ND3 back to MJ9, but I had read somewhere else where someone speculated that you couldn't revert back to MJ9 from ND7 due to the locked bootloader issue... I'm still on 4.1.2 with unlocked bootloader, so I can't test it either.

Top Liked Posts