[Q] new update for HTC desire 816 dual in Middle East

Search This thread

heppojo

Mar 21, 2011
Amman
Dear all,
Any body know how to install the new updates for the desire 816 dual?
software update 1.49.401.1
My device rooted and boat-loader ublocked

vbrsekhar

Nov 25, 2008
Wellington
Dear all,

Try extracting the recovery.img from the update that was downloaded in your download folder (you should be very quick in transferring the update to your known location as soon as it was downloaded or otherwise it will gets deleted the moment it found that your recovery was modified) and install the stock recovery. After that try re-downloading the update and this time it should work.

Recovery.img file can be found in the framework folder of the update. @jithumon is the guy who was successful in updating the OTA after his device was rooted and bootloader unlocked. Better, checking with him if the above method doesn't work for you.

Dont forget to hit thanks if the above solution helped.

Reactions: jithumon

heppojo

Mar 21, 2011
Amman
new update

Try extracting the recovery.img from the update that was downloaded in your download folder (you should be very quick in transferring the update to your known location as soon as it was downloaded or otherwise it will gets deleted the moment it found that your recovery was modified) and install the stock recovery. After that try re-downloading the update and this time it should work.

Recovery.img file can be found in the framework folder of the update. @jithumon is the guy who was successful in updating the OTA after his device was rooted and bootloader unlocked. Better, checking with him if the above method doesn't work for you.

my friend,
thank you but could you advice please where i can find the file exactly ?and if i can copy to external sd card and download it from recovery it will success?

vbrsekhar

Nov 25, 2008
Wellington
After the update gets downloaded, you can find it in the internal or external sd card within the download folder. You have to connect it to the computer access both download folders on computer and see where it is getting downloaded when you hit update. Just after finished download, try copying the update file and copy it on your computer. Then you can extract the recovery. Just a few seconds delay in copying will delete the file from your sdcard. So careful and act quickly.

heppojo

Mar 21, 2011
Amman
After the update gets downloaded, you can find it in the internal or external sd card within the download folder. You have to connect it to the computer access both download folders on computer and see where it is getting downloaded when you hit update. Just after finished download, try copying the update file and copy it on your computer. Then you can extract the recovery. Just a few seconds delay in copying will delete the file from your sdcard. So careful and act quickly.

Friend,
After i get the recovery, what to do next?
do you have skype,viber,whats up to communicate directly?

jithumon

Mar 6, 2013
New Delhi
Friend,
After i get the recovery, what to do next?
do you have skype,viber,whats up to communicate directly?
Flash using adb.
Put the recovery.img in adb folder,
Open command prompt with adb,
Connect mobile with pc in fastboot mode
Type fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
Check for errors...if no error, reboot & try to do update again...:)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Dear all,