Magnetic POGO Cable

Search This thread

wptski

Dec 8, 2011
Warren, MI
USB 5v spec calls for a maximum length of 16 feet.

As you approach this limit, the issue of voltage drop due to improper/insufficient wire gauge comes into play and your drop in voltage will be reflected in a lower charging rate. This is normal if your cable gets too long - one of many reasons manufacturers will always recommend you only charge your device with provided cables. The lower your voltages, the more easily affected vdroop is. 5v is pretty damn low for 10+ feet...

Long story short: your cable should be under ~15 feet or so to avoid issues. If you get voltage drop before then - you've either got a low quality cable or your extension needs to have a bigger wire...

Its also possible the POGO charger allows for higher amperage/current to flow into the tablet offsetting the voltage drop caused by the micro USB setup ... MicroUSB is limited to a max of 2.5A... I can see the POGO charger easily allowing more if the source you're taping into can provide it (I have a 3.1A charger)
It is under 15'/16', the only one that Micro Center had. It seems that it was asked because they have run into the same issue while using the micr-USB port.

Techie2012

Feb 1, 2012
Ordered Jan 9, "Departure from outward office of exchange" on Jan 11 but on USPS site still shows "Origin Post is Preparing Shipment" today Jan 22.

leodan70

Jan 9, 2013
latina
arrived

and today I got the cable sent pogo ..: D. January 2 .. I wanted to know you I have to connect the cable with the socket ò computer port ...: Confuso:

bignil05

Jan 16, 2013
chicago
Recieved POGO Charger

I recieved mine as one of the first 54 sent out through ebay. I ordered it on December 24th for the one day that they were selling it before it was sold out. My review is that this charger is very quick. I like how i do not have to hunt for the hole and can just get close to the connection and it magetizes to the tablet.

I like it but the quality of the product is just ok. It sorta feels like cheapish plastic and some of the parts sorta rattle back and forth. I like it alot but with it came with more instrucitons and better quality\

definetly charges faster.

QUESTION: I am not sure if my charger was doing this before i pluggeed in the pogo charger, the samsung base charger which I plug the pogo in to I noticed is making a really high pitched noise. Its deserniable and makes me go crazy since it is next to my bed.

Would the Pogo charger cause this? The high pitched noise goes away after unplugging it but I do not remmeber it making this noise before recieving the Pogo cable.

bigdog2k7

Jan 3, 2013
Michigan
Ordered January 7th from pogocable.com, just checked on track-trace and noticed that when checking with options, usps status changed to 'Arrival at Unit' as of yesterday afternoon. I should be getting mine today! :) Only a 15 day turnaround from when I placed my order... not bad. I also have a charging cable extension that I ordered from amazon (amazon basics brand 10ft) I'll post results from Battery monitor widget when I get some spare time.

wptski

Dec 8, 2011
Warren, MI
Ordered January 7th from pogocable.com, just checked on track-trace and noticed that when checking with options, usps status changed to 'Arrival at Unit' as of yesterday afternoon. I should be getting mine today! :) Only a 15 day turnaround from when I placed my order... not bad. I also have a charging cable extension that I ordered from amazon (amazon basics brand 10ft) I'll post results from Battery monitor widget when I get some spare time.
Are you using this site: http://www.track-trace.com/post or something else? I get nothing at all!

wptski

Dec 8, 2011
Warren, MI
Where are you guys finding these? The ebay links in this post are all dead
http://pogocable.com/

---------- Post added at 03:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:47 PM ----------

Mine never did show any tracking even after changing the KK to RR after leaving Korea but it just got delivered and it wasn't registered mail like some said it would. The tracking number on gthe package starts with RR and not KK too.

redthunda69

Aug 16, 2010
Atlanta
My pogo cables tracking number says "delivered" in new York.... Any ideas? I'm in Georgia...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

derobert

Aug 8, 2010
Well, tracking mine with USPS shows it "arrived at unit" in California. I'm in Virginia, so that's certainly not my local post office. So it seems you do get tracking again once it's in the USPS system.

Either that, or they sent me the wrong tracking number.

wptski

Dec 8, 2011
Warren, MI
Even at 96% level the micro-USB charges at 320ma, the POGO at 860ma using BMW set to one interval. Nothing changed much after plugging into my PC through the micro-USB. Using my USB extension cord it went to a -112ma much worse than I've seen using the micro-USB port.

Last edited:

lKBZl

Mar 23, 2012
Barcelona
So on the korean webpage, EMS Track/Confirm, the status changed now to: 10:50 22-Jan-2013 Arrival at delivery office

Didn't you guys said that it wouldn't change? I mean, did you all get this or is it only me? Im from Spain.

USB 5v spec calls for a maximum length of 16 feet.

As you approach this limit, the issue of voltage drop due to improper/insufficient wire gauge comes into play and your drop in voltage will be reflected in a lower charging rate. This is normal if your cable gets too long - one of many reasons manufacturers will always recommend you only charge your device with provided cables. The lower your voltages, the more easily affected vdroop is. 5v is pretty damn low for 10+ feet...

Long story short: your cable should be under ~15 feet or so to avoid issues. If you get voltage drop before then - you've either got a low quality cable or your extension needs to have a bigger wire...

Its also possible the POGO charger allows for higher amperage/current to flow into the tablet offsetting the voltage drop caused by the micro USB setup ... MicroUSB is limited to a max of 2.5A... I can see the POGO charger easily allowing more if the source you're taping into can provide it (I have a 3.1A charger)

Where exactly did you come across this information? The USB spec limits cable length because of latency issues with bi-directional communication, not volt drop. I have happily connected a ptz camera to an unpowered USB over cat5 adapter with 25 meters of cat5 connecting them and the 5 volt motors work fine.

I don't know where you got 2.5A from either, USB 2.0, regardless of connector type supports a maximum current of 1.8A. USB 3.0 can support up to 5A

FYI, there is a current limit coded in the kernel of 2A. It could probably be increased a small amount, but the lipo charging regulator in the tablet is limited to 2.5A

bigdog2k7

Jan 3, 2013
Michigan
Are you using this site: http://www.track-trace.com/post or something else? I get nothing at all!

Yeah I'm going to track-trace, selecting post/ems, then putting in the tracking number "RRxxxxxxxxxxxKR", then selecting track shipment with options. In the top tab where it says 'select country,' I select United States (USPS) and it opens a new mini window that shows me USPS info with that tracking #.

lKBZl

Mar 23, 2012
Barcelona
Yeah I'm going to track-trace, selecting post/ems, then putting in the tracking number "RRxxxxxxxxxxxKR", then selecting track shipment with options. In the top tab where it says 'select country,' I select United States (USPS) and it opens a new mini window that shows me USPS info with that tracking #.
Oh thanks, mine is already in Spain, from Korea to Spain in less than 7 days, amazing, I ordered it from webpage on saturday I think. It says in transit, guess i'll receive it tomorrow.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So are there any places currently selling these?

Not sure I got this from the eBay seller in South Korea that had his ad taken down.

---------- Post added at 10:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 PM ----------

You got it really fast !

Where are you located?

How fast is the chargeing

Thanks!!!,

Yeah I was surprised too! the seller had an option for express shipping when I paid for $10 more, I didn't have a problem spending a few bucks more.

I haven't used it enough yet to notice any faster charging, it went from 70% to 98% in a little less than 2 hours.

---------- Post added at 10:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 PM ----------

Let's see if the pictures will work yet............

ResizeofIMG_0100_zps487a912b.jpg

ResizeofIMG_0103_zps5ccac530.jpg
    I searched high and low and finally found an adapter that puts out 2.1A on each of two outlets - concurrently. Excellent quality. Same spec on each channel as oem charger on its single outlet. Great fit and finish too. Can support two high demand devices at once.

I've been using it with the Pogo cable, and it is perfect. Link:

Ventev r2200 AC Travel Charger, Dual 2A USB Port 110-220v With MicroUSB Cable
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BSC7FW0/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2
    It's here!

Just wanted to let everyone know I got my Pogo Cable today!

It is in my opinion extremely high quality build. I have so far used it with my wall charger and my car charger and it works fantastic.

If I didn't know better I'd say was an OEM from Samsung or Google.

I know I know post pictures..........

OK I'll get some made and post them very soon.

Clutch
    Just out of interest, has anyone actually measured what current the nexus actually draws from the charger?

I've just spliced in my ammeter and with the battery showing 45% its currently drawing 0.59A and this is with the stock charger and whilst typing this. If I put the nexus into standby then it drops to 0.50A

I'll do some further testing this week charging from 0-100% this week and let you know what I find.

Btw this is using the USB port.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2