[Multi Window Mod][P31xx][P51xx][4.2.2][9/18/2013]

Search This thread

mor_vaibhav

Jun 8, 2012
Would be happy to try it out in about a hour if you can make a version for P-5110?

Last edited:

THEDEVIOUS1

Nov 26, 2009
Would be happy to try it out in about a hour if you can make a version for P-5110?

following systemUI and android.policy from FastDream rom v4.1 by mythi
http://d-h.st/sGB

ok...before i get into making any heavy duty changes i have attached a systemui file that i want both of u guys to try and see if your tab still boots. This may result in a bootloop so please backup before u begin... i have put togethor a flashable zip but keep in mind that u may need to extract the systemui.apk & install manually using TWRP or AROMA with proper permissions

i aplogize guys but i failed to mention that u will need to add the line qemu.hw.mainkeys=0 to the bottom of your build prop*

View attachment Tab2MultiWindow412Test.zip
^412 TEST (there are no device specific files inside the zip so it can be flashed on both the P31xx & P51xx...u must be deodexed & will need busybox installed as well)

Last edited:
Reactions: antutu

mor_vaibhav

Jun 8, 2012
Ok give me 10 min. I will post result.

---------- Post added at 02:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:20 AM ----------

No bootloop but system ui keeps crashing. I tried transferring the systemUI.apk to the system/app but still no success.

antutu

Nov 6, 2012
ok...before i get into making any heavy duty changes i have attached a systemui file that i want both of u guys to try and see if your tab still boots. This may result in a bootloop so please backup before u begin... i have put togethor a flashable zip but keep in mind that u may need to extract the systemui.apk & install manually using TWRP or AROMA with proper permissions

View attachment 2296025
^412 TEST (there are no device specific files inside the zip so it can be flashed on both the P31xx & P51xx...u must be deodexed & will need busybox installed as well)

Tab bootup, systemui crash and navigation drawer not shown up.
Reset permision of system ui on aroma, gives same result

THEDEVIOUS1

Nov 26, 2009

---------- Post added at 02:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:20 AM ----------

No bootloop but system ui keeps crashing. I tried transferring the systemUI.apk to the system/app but still no success.

i aplogize guys but i failed to mention that u will need to add the line qemu.hw.mainkeys=0 to the bottom of your build prop (this MAY be enough to fix the force close)...also u my need to install xposed app settings and play with the dpi & resolution as well as xlarge res checkbox

View attachment SystemUI.apk
^TRY THIS ONE TOO (it will take me a minute to bake the actual file....make the build prop change and try the other one again as well as this one)

one more thing...you keyboard MAY cause a systemui force close so u might want to try switching it

Last edited:

mor_vaibhav

Jun 8, 2012
No problem THEDEVIOUS. Can you just provide better better instructions because I dont have much knowledge when it is related to messing about with the build.prop and the DPI :) Really hope you can cook this perfectly! :good:

THEDEVIOUS1

Nov 26, 2009
No problem THEDEVIOUS. Can you just provide better better instructions because I dont have much knowledge when it is related to messing about with the build.prop and the DPI :) Really hope you can cook this perfectly! :good:

here goes a tutorial that tells u how....since u probably dont have the line at all u will have to add it but thats also explained/ u must be rooted but it's pretty easy to do...if u have trouble just check back here i'm sure me or one of the others users can help u out

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2436226
^SOFT KEYS

mor_vaibhav

Jun 8, 2012
It's still crashing :(. I did the following steps: flashed the zip, edited build.prop and then installed SystemUI.apk with permmisions.

d3mondroid

Feb 6, 2013
Gotham City
Opens default apps in native mode,kinda like a sidebar app launcher, works well in alternative mode, except for the large icon when minimized bug, stillndont know how to use split screen mode, any ideas?:confused::confused::confused:

Sent from my GT-P3100 using xda premium

5h1v4u

Dec 19, 2012
Hyderabad
Opens default apps in native mode,kinda like a sidebar app launcher, works well in alternative mode, except for the large icon when minimized bug, stillndont know how to use split screen mode, any ideas?:confused::confused::confused:

Sent from my GT-P3100 using xda premium

Open mw manager app and add all the apps that you want to enable as split windows and reboot the tab.. Now slide to see the apps from slider then tap on edit and drag the apps to the slider.. These apps can be used for split screen.. When u r using a a split enabled app, open up the slider and drag the app that you want to top or bottom of the screen to enable split Window..

Sent from my GT-P3100 using xda app-developers app

superSUnoob

Aug 26, 2013
im in dual boot.
rom: stock and CM
kernel: next kernel
stock andoid version is 4.1.1
recovery: philz touch

can I flash this multi window in my tab 2? :D

THEDEVIOUS1

Nov 26, 2009
SPlanner fix

is this mod active? any bug fixes_

i apologize but i've been working on the mod for 3 more devices as well as getting a new version ready for 3 others....i assumed the other tab 2 users would be of more help since i dont actually own the device. Long story short...i dont use splanner but i installed the attached version and i seemed to function fine. One bug i noticed is the when u click on an event the "edit" or "delete" buttons dont do anything but if u long click on the event u get a menu with the same options that actually work.

View attachment SecCalendar_Kona_SPen.apk

View attachment SecCalendarProvider.apk

u need to install both of the above in "system/app" and set proper permissions

Last edited:

karaern

May 24, 2008
beyond northern pole
4.1.2 version?

It's there a possibility to continue to develope 4.1.2 version. Personally 4.2.2 is useless for me... Samsung just ruined device with 4.2.2. ?..

THEDEVIOUS1

Nov 26, 2009
try this for 4.1.2

Tab bootup, systemui crash and navigation drawer not shown up.
Reset permision of system ui on aroma, gives same result

It's there a possibility to continue to develope 4.1.2 version. Personally 4.2.2 is useless for me... Samsung just ruined device with 4.2.2. ?..

to be honest it's not really a priority since u guys actually have a working version...i'm working on 2 devices with requests from users of 2 others that do not have multiwindow at all but test the zip i've attached and see if your tab boots. U will need to add the line qemu.hw.mainkeys=0 to the bottom of your build prop & also install busybox if u it isn't already...if i can find a lil time i'll bake a version using the native tab 2 systemui. If this boots please test to see if your miniapps panel works...after this i'll still need to mod android.policy.jar so let me know

View attachment Tab2MultiWindow412Test2.zip
(please be aware...the permissions MAY need to be manually set on the included files)

Last edited:
Reactions: antutu

antutu

Nov 6, 2012
to be honest it's not really a priority since u guys actually have a working version...i'm working on 2 devices with requests from users of 2 others that do not have multiwindow at all but test the zip i've attached and see if your tab boots. U will need to add the line qemu.hw.mainkeys=0 to the bottom of your build prop & also install busybox if u it isn't already...if i can find a lil time i'll bake a version using the native tab 2 systemui. If this boots please test to see if your miniapps panel works...after this i'll still need to mod android.policy.jar so let me know

View attachment 2325922
(please be aware...the permissions MAY need to be manually set on the included files)
tab able to boot up, no systemUI crash, but have to modify some permission as u've said.
miniapps didn't work.

THEDEVIOUS1

Nov 26, 2009
tab able to boot up, no systemUI crash, but have to modify some permission as u've said.
miniapps didn't work.

so did the home & back buttons and everything else function as normal? did the arrow even appear for the mini apps & if so what exactly happens when u press it? just so we're clear...the tab 2 does have the mini apps tray by default correct? i need those details if u dont mind & thanks for testing...i'll be back in about 20 mintutes with the modded native tab 2 systemui

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DISCLAIMER: I'M NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU DAMAGE YOUR DEVICE...BE SURE TO BACKUP BEFORE YOU BEGIN AS ALWAYS!

Install Instructions (please keep in mind that i do NOT own a Tab 2 which means i depend on feedback from actual users...thx)
    1. Install CWM or TWRP recovery
    2. Flash a rooted & deodexed 4.2.2 rom (this mod SHOULD work with any firmware)
    3. Install BusyBox (needed for zip installation as well as mode switcher app)
    4. Download an alternative launcher (i use apex personally)
    5. Flash the V1 for your device (P51xx owners may experience force closes until step 6 is performed)
    6. Click the xposed installer, press install/update then go to modules and place a check in "MW Apps Manager" and reboot (this allows u to add other apps to the multiwindow menu)
    7. After reboot uncheck then re-check multiwindow in "settings-display" to activate flashbar (or hold the back button until it appears)

Known Issues
    1. Huge icon when minimized
    2. Email force close
    3. For some reason (i have an educated guess) u MUST have xposed framework installed (already included in zip) or else freezing/force closing will occur

This mod will enable dual/split multiwindow mode by default...If u would like to switch to floating windows then use the app created by @xperiacle linked to below. For those who prefer permanent floating windows then simply delete the "com.sec.feature.multiwindow.phone.xml" located in "system-etc-permissions"...if u would rather have both split AND floating windows AT THE SAME TIME (this is the best of both worlds but requires specific dpi settings) then there should be a way to get this working as well but i would need a user who is willing to help me figure out the proper settings for your device (try 176 dpi which is what worked on my P6200). One more thing...when reporting problems please indicate which device u are using (7" or 10.1") and what variant (P3110, P5100 etc.)

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2304228
    ^MULTIWINDOW MODE SWITCHER (warning...this app is mentioned ONLY for its ability to change multiwindow mode so do NOT use it to change UI mode!)

Also...i have seen a few users request a multiwindow toggle in the notification panel so i will link to the guide on how to enable this as well (u can also use this to add other quick panel buttons such as hotspot as well!)

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2302366
    ^ADD QUICK PANEL TOGGLES (see post #105 for a free version of the required app)

View attachment P31xxMultiWindowV1.zip
    ^P31xx MULTIWINDOW V1

View attachment P51xxMultiWindowV1.zip
    ^P51xx MULTIWINDOW V1

screenshots for Tab 2 7 & 10.1
    4.jpguploadfromtaptalk1377524005013.jpguploadfromtaptalk1377544874777.jpg 2234525.jpg 2234534.jpg

credit/thanks to: @unclefab for his all of his assistance @Droidlover123 for the flashable zip & being a dedicated tester @aapav01 for 10.1 testing, @rovo89 for developing the xposed framework, @xperiacle for all of his multiwindow work @shakatu for helping out in general...if i forgot anyone please blame it on my head and not my heart ;)
    4.1.2 test 5

can it work on tab 3 10.1 P5200 or must port it ?

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2432918&page=10
    ^TAB 3 MULTIWINDOW THREAD (follow the instructions in post #92 & post your results over there...i need a dependable tester but i think it can definitely be done)

Please guys, can you make this work on 4.1.2 ? the 4.2.2 is very laggy for me it's making my tab 2 very unusable

Will this work on 4.1.2 stock Rom! ?

here goes another 4.1.2 test zip for u to try...if this doesnt work i MAY need to alter the systemui a bit but this should be close

INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS
    1. you MUST be on a DEOEXED 4.1.2 TOUCHWIZ BASED ROM (preferably pure stock ME1 which is where this systemui originated)
    2. install busybox if it's not already
    3. install an alternative launcher (i use apex personally)
    4. flash the test zip below through recovery (please keep in mind that the files MAY need to be manually copied with proper permissions using TWRP or AROMA)

View attachment P31xx412MultiWindowModTest5.zip
    Would you please list the steps sequentially for me? I'm still having so many problems :confused:

Here's what i did to get the MultiWindow working :

1. boot into recovery and install the zip (P31xxMultiWindowV1.zip)
    2. exit recovery and after you're back in in Android install the XPosed framework (using the XPosed Installer which was installed in the system by the MultiWindow zip)
    3. go to modules and activate MW Apps manager and reboot the tablet (it's needed in order to activate the XPosed framework)
    4. after reboot go to Settings->Display and check "MultiWindow", after a few seconds you should see the MultiWindow toolbar on the left.

If you want the "floating window" instead of the "side-by-side" style, you have 2 methods :
    a) open the ZIP before step 1 and delete the "/system/etc/permissions/com.sec.feature.multiwindow.phone.xml" file from the archive
    b) after step 4, using a file explorer that has root access, go to the "/system/etc/permissions/" folder on the phone and delete (or rename) the "com.sec.feature.multiwindow.phone.xml" file.\ and reboot the tablet.

P.S. I had another crash, but since it was while playing with one of the XPosed modules (WanamXposed) i cannot say whether the cause was MultiWindow or the Xposed module.

Now i need a favor..can u please swap your android.policy.jar with the one in post #13? This should enable the pin function while in floating mode...thx
    It works correctly on my P3110. The pin button appears and i can click it and turns from green to gray. While it's green the app stays on top of all the other apps (even full screen apps like games).
    yes, everything work normal back and home button.
    and yes by default stock rom 4.1.2 do have miniapps, however after flashing zip, miniapps arrow appear but nothing happen when press it.:D
    will wait ;)

i really would like u to check the perms on all of the files the zip added to "system/etc/permissions" and make sure they are set to 0644 or rw-r--r--...it sounds like that MAY be the issue if everything else works well. Afterwards u can try the zip below but i think u will have the same problem so please try that first...we should be close though so hang in there

INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS
    1. you MUST be on a DEOEXED 4.1.2 TOUCHWIZ BASED ROM (preferably pure stock ME1 which is where this systemui originated)
    2. install busybox if it's not already
    3. install an alternative launcher (i use apex personally)
    4. add the line qemu.hw.mainkeys=0 to the bottom of your build prop
    5. flash the test zip below through recovery (please keep in mind that the files MAY need to be manually copied with proper permissions using TWRP or AROMA)

link removed: see post #72 for the newest
    ho w enable button MultiWindows in quicksettings ?

in this post 105 is for wifi only ?

https://code.google.com/p/xdroidx/do...20Editor-9.apk

If you have root, use this.
    When the database list populates select Settings Storage (little green droid out to the left of it)
    Hit Settings.db
    Hit System
    Scroll WAY down to find _id "3805" notification_panel_active_app_list
    Highlight it, then hit the menu button (on the phone) and Edit Field
    add a ; and the word Wifi then another ; and then save.
    Reboot the phone

Success

i only mentioned that post for the free app...please follow the directions in the first post. Also note...any id number u see will be different for the Tab 2 since the instructions are for a different device so just look for the line "notification_panel_active_app_list" instead