Bootloader

Search This thread

Envious_Data

Oct 12, 2012
Imagination
enviousmedia.design
So i have some questions on XZ2

I know that unlocking your bootloader wipes your DRM Keys but can someone give me a list of stuff that stops working afterwards?

How big is an improvement is the Z2 conpared to the Z1

-UI is more responsive... Faster?
-does the device feel nice. Buttons. Screen, flaps etc/ect?

-whats the device like to work with

Lets say i want to port Envi-OS or ubuntu touch (your choice) how hard would that be as oppsosed to porting to Xperia S or Nexus 5 (i may concider trying such a thing)

What can you do?
I do a tonne of nonsense with my phones
-i play games that destroy my battery in minuites
- i hotboot linux OSs over android
-i tinker with stuff for hours
-I watch movies/youtube nonsense for hours
-much else i do...
>you own opinion is apreciated greatly aswell

Rooting /flashing
How hard is this device to root or flash things onto

Is it as easy as using a tool to flash a supersu zip or a kernel with autoroot?(same something about that somewhere)

Last edited:

Hnk1

Dec 23, 2012
Newcastle Upon Tyne
OnePlus 5
Moto G6

I know that unlocking your bootloader wipes your DRM Keys but can someone give me a list of stuff that stops working afterwards?

Lets say i want to port Envi-OS or ubuntu touch (your choice) how hard would that be as oppsosed to porting to Xperia S or Nexus 5 (i may concider trying such a thing)

What can you do?
-much else i do...

Rooting /flashing

Is it as easy as using a tool to flash a supersu zip or a kernel with autoroot?(same something about that somewhere)

Well, You can use a tutorial to save your keys and unlock your bootloader! I always unlocked the official way and I have never saved any keys. I felt no difference really but I have read that some users complained about it so I will tell you to make a back up of TA. There are many tutorials available.

Well, If you talk about improvements, there are clear improvements in hardware and to the eye, you might not actually notice much unless you keep the devices side by side!

By Porting, do you mean to flash a ROM or to actually programme to PORT it for your device ? If you mean to flash, if the support is available. There would be no problem! Ubuntu has been ported easily on many devices so I dont think Z2 won't be able to handle it!

Well, you can use your phone for games, movies/ youtube and experiment with it! I have always rooted my phone within two hours of purchase so I think it is okay if you like to play with it a bit!

Heavy games drain battery really quicker whilst movies will give you 5-6 hours of play back usually. You should check out gsmarena or phonearena for battery tests on Z2 which will make it much easier for you to decide!

Rooting/Flashing :
It is getting easier and easier and my guess is that it will only take 2-7 minutes to flash a ROM/kernel or Root it depending upon if you know basics about it! Secondly remember the drivers are really important so make sure you have all the drivers before trying to root/flash as it will try to find your device forever!

Good Luck

Reactions: Envious_Data

Envious_Data

Oct 12, 2012
Imagination
enviousmedia.design
Well, You can use a tutorial to save your keys and unlock your bootloader! I always unlocked the official way and I have never saved any keys. I felt no difference really but I have read that some users complained about it so I will tell you to make a back up of TA. There are many tutorials available.

Well, If you talk about improvements, there are clear improvements in hardware and to the eye, you might not actually notice much unless you keep the devices side by side!

By Porting, do you mean to flash a ROM or to actually programme to PORT it for your device ? If you mean to flash, if the support is available. There would be no problem! Ubuntu has been ported easily on many devices so I dont think Z2 won't be able to handle it!

Well, you can use your phone for games, movies/ youtube and experiment with it! I have always rooted my phone within two hours of purchase so I think it is okay if you like to play with it a bit!

Heavy games drain battery really quicker whilst movies will give you 5-6 hours of play back usually. You should check out gsmarena or phonearena for battery tests on Z2 which will make it much easier for you to decide!

Rooting/Flashing :
It is getting easier and easier and my guess is that it will only take 2-7 minutes to flash a ROM/kernel or Root it depending upon if you know basics about it! Secondly remember the drivers are really important so make sure you have all the drivers before trying to root/flash as it will try to find your device forever!

Good Luck

That's good to know so I'm assuming unlocking your boot loader only breaks bravia engine and the usual media nonsenses

I am quite familiar with a lot of the above i was wondering about any odd things i should know

I have a Sony Xperia S and I've been test building Envi-OS for Xperia S

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

What can you do?
    -much else i do...

Rooting /flashing

Rooting/Flashing :

Good Luck