[APP] Greenify - Save Battery Life

Search This thread

bimobae

Aug 30, 2011
Malang
whats the different between 'freeze' in titanium and 'hibernate' in greenify? same function bu different name maybe? but thx anyway for saving more power on my razr m :cool:

Jersey846

Jul 20, 2011
Washington DC
With freezing an app you have no access to it. It's as if the app is no longer on your phone. With hibernating the app is still able to run on your phone when you need it. Hibernating is just making sure the app isn't wasting any battery power running in the background when you don't want it to. When it's hibernate it's saving you battery, but when you need the app again, just click on its icon and it'll be there ready to run for you.

Sent from my Moto X

Reactions: bimobae

skuppej

Jan 5, 2013
Motorola Edge
Google Pixel 7
Freezing is the exact same thing as "disabling" and application. It allows you disable applications that don't normally have this option available. Very powerful..but be careful what you freeze! On BeanStalk for the Razr M, if you freeze the built-in "weather" app, it will cause a bootloop!

Make sure you are taking regular nand backups

Jersey846

Jul 20, 2011
Washington DC
Freezing is the exact same thing as "disabling" and application. It allows you disable applications that don't normally have this option available. Very powerful..but be careful what you freeze! On BeanStalk for the Razr M, if you freeze the built-in "weather" app, it will cause a bootloop!

Make sure you are taking regular nand backups

Already answered him. But thanks?

Sent from my Nexus 7

livecouk

Oct 24, 2014
Hyderabad
I discovered this gem of an app a couple months ago thanks to an article on Lifehacker. Lifehacker's app recommendations can be hit or miss, so I took this with a grain of salt. But after trying it for a couple months, I couldn't be happier with the results and it's become one of my absolute favorite apps. I've noticed a few of you mentioning it in various forums as well, so apparently word has gotten around! But to those of you who have yet to try Greenify, I would highly recommend it. Basically it "auto-hibernates apps". So, for instance, if you have the Facebook app, but don't necessarily care to have it running in the background eating valuable battery life, Greenify will hibernate that app for you. It's very simple to set up and it has definitely extended my battery life after adding around 7-8 apps to my hibernate list. I'm attaching the Lifehacker article and Google Play links below.

Lifehacker: http://lifehacker.com/greenify-auto-hibernates-apps-youre-not-using-to-save-513922193
Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.oasisfeng.greenify
Haha mee to found on lifehaker and this app was jem when I tested

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I discovered this gem of an app a couple months ago thanks to an article on Lifehacker. Lifehacker's app recommendations can be hit or miss, so I took this with a grain of salt. But after trying it for a couple months, I couldn't be happier with the results and it's become one of my absolute favorite apps. I've noticed a few of you mentioning it in various forums as well, so apparently word has gotten around! But to those of you who have yet to try Greenify, I would highly recommend it. Basically it "auto-hibernates apps". So, for instance, if you have the Facebook app, but don't necessarily care to have it running in the background eating valuable battery life, Greenify will hibernate that app for you. It's very simple to set up and it has definitely extended my battery life after adding around 7-8 apps to my hibernate list. I'm attaching the Lifehacker article and Google Play links below.

Lifehacker: http://lifehacker.com/greenify-auto-hibernates-apps-youre-not-using-to-save-513922193
    Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.oasisfeng.greenify
    Finally tried it out... it works well... sitting at 12 hours and only at 71%...

Sent from my XT907 using xda app-developers app
    Just a suggestion, if you have Titanium Backup Pro then you can convert system apps to user apps. Then you can set said app to hibernate in Greenify. :)

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2
    Can anybody help me out by explaining (or linking to me an article that explains) how Greenify actually works its magic? Does it just run a service in the background that is constantly monitors active processes that have been "Greenified" and forces these processes to go into "Hibernate" mode when the screen is off, and prevents any partial wakes?

Thanks guys.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2155737
    Wow this app is great by far the best battery saving app I ever tried, I couldnt believe how many times apps were waking my phone and the funny thing is, they Dont even have notifications... So they were just waking the phone because they felt like it!:mad: but now I can still use the app and they Dont do anything in the background now! :thumbup: