How to use LGNPST on Windows 8

Search This thread

DeathmonkeyGTX

Oct 15, 2007
Little Rock, AR
I've used Lgnpst a number of times and walked people through it on irc around 100 times and have never seen that happen. If you are familiar with irc then head on over to #lg-g2 on freenode. Someone there might be able to help you out.

Sent from my LG Optimus G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

T

Thuggins2086

Can't select BIN

Everything is working just fine. No errors or anything. Phone even shows up and I'm able to select the DLL file. BUT, for whatever reason I cannot select the firmware BIN file. Any ideas?

Edit: NVM. Stupid mistake on my part. Forgot to go into download mode.

Last edited:

Motazbilah

Oct 9, 2014
This is after LGNPST runs and you phone reboots at 67%, correct? If so, I had the same issues. Press vol down and power for a couple seconds, to put it into "hard reset" (factory reset). Follow the instruction on the screen and your phone will reset using the back up factory settings that are on the device. Everything should work on the next reboot.

Thank you so much man. Even over a year out, this saved me. I went through lgnpst about twenty times on both windows 7 and 8 having it reboot at 67 then jump to 85% becoming unrecognizable. Finally, I found someone with the guts to try this. My day was about to be complete sh**. Whew

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1. Install LGUnitedMobileDriver_S4981MAN38AP22_ML_WHQL_Ver_3.8.1 (LG USB Drivers)
    2. Install LGNPSTv1.3_Lab_Verison_RightClickReg (LGNPST)
    3. Install LGNPST_GenericModels_Ver_5_0_12_0 (LGNPST Generic Modules)
    4. Install LGNPST_Components_Ver_5_0_20_0 (LGNPST Components)
    5. Copy the Models folder to C:\LG Electronics\LGNPST\
    6. Start a command prompt as admin
    7. Type regsvr32 "C:\LG Electronics\LGNPST\Models\LGNPST_LS970.dll"
    8. Download the proper .tot file for your phone
    9. Rename .tot to .bin
    10. Open LGNPST
    11. Select the LGNPST_LS970.dll and your .bin file
    12. Press Start

If LGNPST errors out at 85%, turn your phone off and hold the power button until the phone powers on, then release.

I pulled this from PhantomPhreak53's readme when you download the files from his LGNPST zip.

Pretty much, when you get to step 6 and your being asked to start CMD as admin, just move your mouse over to the right hand corner to search, click on search and then type in CMD. When you type in CMD, Command Prompt will show up, right click and run as admin. After you do that, Regsvr will work. Continue following those steps and you should get in.

If you have any further issues, like when you open up LGNPST and nothing shows up. Make sure your phone is in download mode and if it is, go to TOOL and then Load Serial Ports.

You shouldn't have any issues from there on out. If you do, I invite you to come join us in the LG Optimus G channel.

To do that, Simply...

1. CLICK HERE
    2. Pick a nickname suitable to you.
    3. Make this your channel #lg-optimus-g
    4. Fill out the capcha and your in.

Look forward to seeing everyone!

Link to tSilenzio's AutoLGNPST.
    I can't find that damn phantomphreak zip. I don't see anything anywhere that says other version, my phone reboots once and gets stuck in the splash screen.

This is after LGNPST runs and you phone reboots at 67%, correct? If so, I had the same issues. Press vol down and power for a couple seconds, to put it into "hard reset" (factory reset). Follow the instruction on the screen and your phone will reset using the back up factory settings that are on the device. Everything should work on the next reboot.
    Thats awesome! Im not into the dev scene like you all are but im trying. xD

Just answered your PM

The only time I learn anything is because I screwed something up and I'm in a tizzy trying to fix it. LOL

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk 2
    I pulled this from PhantomPhreak53's readme when you download the files from his LGNPST zip.

Pretty much, when you get to step 6 and your being asked to start CMD as admin, just move your mouse over to the right hand corner to search, click on search and then type in CMD. When you type in CMD, Command Prompt will show up, right click and run as admin. After you do that, Regsvr will work. Continue following those steps and you should get in.

If you have any further issues, like when you open up LGNPST and nothing shows up. Make sure your phone is in download mode and if it is, go to TOOL and then Load Serial Ports.

You shouldn't have any issues from there on out. If you do, I invite you to come join us in the LG Optimus G channel.

To do that, Simply...

1. CLICK HERE
    2. Pick a nickname suitable to you.
    3. Make this your channel #lg-optimus-g
    4. Fill out the capcha and your in.

Look forward to seeing everyone!

Hey do you mind if I post this in the guide? Trying to make it one-stop shopping.
    Now I can't even run the LGNPST program any longer. Is phatomphreak zip the only folder I need to download from the irc? I think my brain is frying from working on this for so long...

The stock att tot and Phantomphreaks.

Sent from my LG-E970 using xda premium