[Q] ROOT Request Alcatel One Touch Pop C7

Search This thread

radichification

Hey there. sry for the late reply, Im glad u have ur phone working again. Ive used that MIUI rom. And in my experience, its not possible to flast or revert back to stock rom when in MIUI. So even if i upload a backup rom, it wont work, im 95% sure! The only way i got back to stock rom is via Alcatel mobile upgrade. Maybe you could try uninstall the mobile upgrade software and usb drivers, and reinstall it, just a theory. plus if you have questions regarding miui rom. just ask!

I don't know why it just don't work for me, but I've already tried to reinstall the program, but not the drivers yet. I will test on another computer later.

I don't know if when you download the ROM via mobile upgrade program it saves the file inside its directory or not, could you check it? If it is there, then you could upload it.

Anyway, I have found a Russian 7041d backup, and when I restore it, a message shows up saying that the apps violated themselves security stuff or something like that. Then after that a pop-up appears every time don't know why it just don't work for me, but I've already tried to reinstall the program, but not the drivers. I will test on another computer later.

I don't know if when you download the ROM via mobile upgrade program it saves the file inside its directory or not, could you check it? If it is there, then could you upload it?

Anyway, I have found a Russian 7041d backup, and when I restore it, the phone boots but a message shows up saying that the apps violated themselves security stuff or something like that, about Strict mode. Then after that a pop-up appears everytime saying me to choose an action for the USB device but it doesn't even have an option to choose. The only thing I can click here is "the activity % is not responding" or something like that, but the pop-us appears again, forever and ever. I tried it with 3 different russian CWM backups of 7041d and they all have the same results.

Probably that's what you are talking about, right? Do you know why does it happens?

---------- Post added at 09:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 PM ----------

Sorry, my cwm backup won't boot. If you install the miui available for this phone, the update program will then restore from that point.

No it actually won't. At least for me it didn't. Did it work for you?

tomguymer

Jun 4, 2012
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I don't know why it just don't work for me, but I've already tried to reinstall the program, but not the drivers yet. I will test on another computer later.

I don't know if when you download the ROM via mobile upgrade program it saves the file inside its directory or not, could you check it? If it is there, then you could upload it.

Anyway, I have found a Russian 7041d backup, and when I restore it, a message shows up saying that the apps violated themselves security stuff or something like that. Then after that a pop-up appears every time don't know why it just don't work for me, but I've already tried to reinstall the program, but not the drivers. I will test on another computer later.

I don't know if when you download the ROM via mobile upgrade program it saves the file inside its directory or not, could you check it? If it is there, then could you upload it?

Anyway, I have found a Russian 7041d backup, and when I restore it, the phone boots but a message shows up saying that the apps violated themselves security stuff or something like that, about Strict mode. Then after that a pop-up appears everytime saying me to choose an action for the USB device but it doesn't even have an option to choose. The only thing I can click here is "the activity % is not responding" or something like that, but the pop-us appears again, forever and ever. I tried it with 3 different russian CWM backups of 7041d and they all have the same results.

Probably that's what you are talking about, right? Do you know why does it happens?

---------- Post added at 09:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 PM ----------

Sorry I can't help. The Alcatel update program worked for me once I had miui installed.

kryptonify

Nov 15, 2013
Xiaomi Poco F1
Xiaomi Poco F3

Yeah probably, and from what ive heard, 7041d have other versions of its own too(Vodafone russia and spain, and Orange?) so maybe that backup is specifically just for that device. Anyways this is what it looks like inside the mobile upgrade folder. Nothing much I can do.
DVcMqVF.png

radichification

Yeah probably, and from what ive heard, 7041d have other versions of its own too(Vodafone russia and spain, and Orange?) so maybe that backup is specifically just for that device. Anyways this is what it looks like inside the mobile upgrade folder. Nothing much I can do.

Tried on another computer, but the same message about "there is no greater update" was shown.

What do you think about trying to flash a 7041d backup for SP Flash Tools on my device? I've found a russian backup too. It won't work, it is too dangerous or what? Tell me what you think.

Thanks for trying to help me.

kryptonify

Nov 15, 2013
Xiaomi Poco F1
Xiaomi Poco F3
Tried on another computer, but the same message about "there is no greater update" was shown.

What do you think about trying to flash a 7041d backup for SP Flash Tools on my device? I've found a russian backup too. It won't work, it is too dangerous or what? Tell me what you think.

Thanks for trying to help me.

No, don't. Flashing wrong files to your device could permanently brick your device as said in previous posts here.

radichification

No, don't. Flashing wrong files to your device could permanently brick your device as said in previous posts here.

OK nothing to do then. I am sad to say: MIUI forever. But that's it.

Lesson learned: Don't ever buy unknown devices. You should prefer to buy a sh*tty Samsung with low specs and all its bloatwares. At least you have custom ROMs, CM, AOKP, and obviously a way to get back to stock.

Thanks Alcatel, for trapping me and everybody else with this piece of ****. Don't ever buy it guys! Alcatel sucks!

Last edited:

radichification

Yep, unless Alcatel miraculously give an update to your device. :)

Yeah I've thought about it too but it probably won't happen. They didn't even reply my email asking for help. Rumours in some Russian forums that Alcatel replied some people saying that they would maybe release kitkat for us on december 2014 or on 2015. But you know, just rumors, nothing to expect about them.

roby3h

Nov 2, 2013
Alcatel pop c7 4.4

I found this on alcatel site today..

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-12-31-14-53-31.png
    Screenshot_2014-12-31-14-53-31.png
    55.9 KB · Views: 428

kryptonify

Nov 15, 2013
Xiaomi Poco F1
Xiaomi Poco F3
I found this on alcatel site today..

Could you link to the actual page? thanks

---------- Post added at 06:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:06 PM ----------

Yeah I've thought about it too but it probably won't happen. They didn't even reply my email asking for help. Rumours in some Russian forums that Alcatel replied some people saying that they would maybe release kitkat for us on december 2014 or on 2015. But you know, just rumors, nothing to expect about them.

Hey, I've found this on their official sourceforge page. You can see there's download link to .xz files. There's one for your device 7040. I have no idea what those files are, but they're exactly the same size as a full stock rom. You could try to contact them or do a research of your own on what to do or how to flash those files. Because I have no idea at all.

roby3h

Nov 2, 2013
I can't post a link...it's on their site at support, frequently asked questions, at the bottom of the list in the right.

Last edited:

radichification

Could you link to the actual page? thanks

---------- Post added at 06:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:06 PM ----------

Hey, I've found this on their official sourceforge page. You can see there's download link to .xz files. There's one for your device 7040. I have no idea what those files are, but they're exactly the same size as a full stock rom. You could try to contact them or do a research of your own on what to do or how to flash those files. Because I have no idea at all.

Here is the link of the guy's screenshot. I've seen that before too. Just roll down the page and search for Alcatel POP C7 (Andriod 4.4). But if you click it, it will just open a empty FAQ. That's all for now.

This typo (Andriod) shows that probably they've added this section recently, which means that we are MIGHT (you never know, right? they might be crazy lol) going to receive KK and also that it is in final development (or not, lol).

And about the sourceforge page, I've seen that too, the russians were talking about that, and I actually downloaded it. But I don't know what to do with. I'll try to contact them and see what we can do.

EDIT: OK I've contacted them about the possible update. Waiting for a reply.

Last edited:
Reactions: kryptonify

kryptonify

Nov 15, 2013
Xiaomi Poco F1
Xiaomi Poco F3
Here is the link of the guy's screenshot. I've seen that before too. Just roll down the page and search for Alcatel POP C7 (Andriod 4.4). But if you click it, it will just open a empty FAQ. That's all for now.

This typo (Andriod) shows that probably they've added this section recently, which means that we are MIGHT (you never know, right? they might be crazy lol) going to receive KK and also that it is in final development (or not, lol).

And about the sourceforge page, I've seen that too, the russians were talking about that, and I actually downloaded it. But I don't know what to do with. I'll try to contact them and see what we can do.

Shame, I even got pretty excited for a second there, oh well.
Happy new year btw!

radichification

Shame, I even got pretty excited for a second there, oh well.
Happy new year btw!

Happy new year for you all!

See, Alcatel Portugal said that the Vodafone POP C7 is going to receive 4.4 KK on February/2015.
About a 4.4 KK update (whitout operators customizations and such) they said that they are currently working on it but they can't tell us when it is going to be released.

Hope they're telling us the truth.

LearnEnglish

Aug 23, 2012
hi there! I'm using 7040D and waiting for the update kitkat now.... can I have update for my phone? how long is it?
sorry for my bad English :D:D:D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Since i have seen here a little support for our C7 phones, i thought to bring a little contribution by uploading an original backup of mine , only rooted to do this, with no upgrades other then as it came from the shop 3 days ago. The backup has been made with MTKdroidTools v2.5.3 and inside the 7z archive you will find info and log of this backup.
    I how that this will help those who bricked their phone or want to restore it as it was.
    My model it's 7041X with 1Gb of ram, from Vodafone ES
    Complete Info:
    Hardware : MT6582
    Model : ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 7041X
    Build number : Jelly Bean
    Build date UTC : 20140116-022718
    Android v : 4.2.2
    Baseband v: MOLY.WR8.W1315.MD.WG.MP.V7.P27, 2014/01/16 10:21
    Kernel v : 3.4.5 (android-bld@aclgcl-ubnt173) (gcc version 4.6.x-google 20120106 (prerelease) (GCC) ) #1 SMP Wed Jan 15 21:04:12 CST 2014
    Uboot build v : -----
    LCD Driver IC : 1-hx8379a_yaris_xl
    Build number 030FSG1
    Direct Download Link: https://mega.co.nz/#!jBplzKwT!5jokC1W238dlFQ_3abtQ4pMC3EfA4FlTUMi_3HYK5Mc
    Hi, phone is relatively new, about few months old. No root on the internet. And no way i'm trying stuff like one click root or similiar.
    Can someone make it, there is root for Pop C5 model, mine is C7.

Regards.

:cowboy:
    Restore back to stock on alcatel pop c7n 7041d

Ok people, here is what you need and what to do to get back
    to stock Rom on your 7041D Alcatel OT Pop C7.I have used much time to backup and upload this, so be thankful
    Go to this link https://mega.co.nz/#!VEBkhSbK!MYsKoWcMhvar3Q1XVhdvPhf9FAQdgG9dOe48rf5rMq8
    download the ROM.rar, inside the zipe, after extracted copy the clockworkmod and ALCATEL-ONE-TOUCH-7041X_140117__recovery_140627-124748.img . and paste them to you SD Card
    Then install the Mobileuncle MTK Tools.apk from the ROM.rar folder and launch,select Recovey update and u will see the recovery file
    copied to your SD shows up, select to flash and ok to reboot to
    recovery mod,now scroll to backup and restore and select the backup file that will show, select to start restoring, when complete reboot to system mod
    after complete boot up,now your 7041D is restored you can install supersu for root oparations.and since
    the cwm don't support the custpack folder you can manualy put that in yourself. go here https://mega.co.nz/#!lRBk2QAZ!Z_9RYA6zGC9Zx7gcNJp4kkfFGCRdEbN11oAwtmk3fU8
    download the custpack unzip, install Rootbrowser.apk from playstore.copy the custpack folder to the home
    of your phone, the first page you see when you open the rootbrowser, where the sys and system folder are down below
    the custpack folder will be upward as the 4th folder after config. sorry i didn't have the time to make it a flashable
    zip file so after copied you need to permission all files and folder inside the custpack folder, here http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2803845&d=1403026463
    you can download the Mixplorer filemanager that allows you to permission multiple files and folder in one click,
    press and hold on one file to tick and start clicking to select others, then you will see three dot circle at the bottom right, select to seclect permission and tick the first three
    boxes on the top line and first box on the left of the second line to get the rw-r--r-- permission.
    BACK TO STOCK RECOVERY
    to restore the Pop C7 stock recovery, first of all install flashify(for root users).apk from playstore
    now go back and copy 'com.cgollner.flashify' folder from the ROM.rar zip file that you downloaded earlier
    paste it on the Android/data folder of your SD. now go to the flashify app and grant root permission, at the top right
    select backup and restore and look down to select recovery.img, ok to flash and reboot thats it you're done.
    Hope this help those who needs it, So Goodluck

---------- Post added at 03:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:32 AM ----------

@radichification. Go here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2656597&page=14#post58226976 download and follow the the step by step description to restore your popc7 7041D back to stock rom
    Please do. I have the same phone and i can't find a method to root-it

This worked for me. Good luck :)
    Found root

After some deep research I have found root for this device and done it. It has MediaTek 6582 chipset, so there is root on the internet. If someone is interested i can start new topic and explain how to root the device. Regards.