(not official) CM7 Alpha. Updates Daily.

Search This thread

sykopompos

Recognized Developer
Jun 26, 2008
flithydelphia
Anybody else seeing this?:

Adb recognizes phone just fine, as well as USB mounting.
I used Adb to reboot into bootloader. The problem is fastboot is not a recognized internal or external command, operable or batch file. Any help would be appreciated.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using XDA App

In linux what you are missing is you didn't add it to your $PATH, in windows it is called something else but I don't remember

sent from my cm7src powered htc g2

KenpoAP

Oct 5, 2010
San Juan
My video camera doesnt work! Every time I choose the video camera it fc! Going to fix perm and report!

/b/rotherJudas

Dec 25, 2010
I already set up the variable or whatever. Im running vista. I know! But its all I have right now.

I couldn't update the sdk without setting the android_sdk_home variable, so that's been done.

HeavyComponent

Oct 31, 2007
NYC
Hey guys..

I'm trying to get this ROM on my cousins MT4G, but I can't seem to flash the recovery.

I'm using adb and I boot in to bootloader. Did the code, but then it says "waiting for device"

Hit bootloader on the device then the flash would fail every time.

I didn't have any of these issues with my phone.

stlouie65

May 4, 2008
Chesapeake, Virginia
Hey guys..

I'm trying to get this ROM on my cousins MT4G, but I can't seem to flash the recovery.

I'm using adb and I boot in to bootloader. Did the code, but then it says "waiting for device"

Hit bootloader on the device then the flash would fail every time.

I didn't have any of these issues with my phone.

Not sure Heavy, I'm using a MAC, so all functions work for me (adb, fastboot). Do you have the latest AndroidSDK installed?

/b/rotherJudas

Dec 25, 2010
Yes I do and when I try to do it via Terminal I get this...

flash_image: not found

But I put the "recovery.img" after renaming it to that in /sdcard and put in the code for terminal exactly!

There's a flash_image file that goes in the /system/bin/ file of the phone. It must be missing in yours. Someone postmen a download for it waaaay earlier in this thread.

stlouie65

May 4, 2008
Chesapeake, Virginia
Yes I do and when I try to do it via Terminal I get this...

flash_image: not found

But I put the "recovery.img" after renaming it to that in /sdcard and put in the code for terminal exactly!

In here, there's the link for flash_image to put into /system/bin/ on your phone. I believe it's on the 1st post, if not, here it is.

Attachments

• flash_image.zip
    9.4 KB · Views: 36
Reactions: HeavyComponent

/b/rotherJudas

Dec 25, 2010
Anybody else seeing this?:

Adb recognizes phone just fine, as well as USB mounting.
I used Adb to reboot into bootloader. The problem is fastboot is not a recognized internal or external command, operable or batch file. Any help would be appreciated.

I seriously need help with this. This is the first time in my life Google search has been useless. I think I found a space/time paradox that could destroy the universe. Lol.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Edit: This project has come to an end now that official nightlies have begun.

Remember - These builds are not official. They are being built from source on github, possibly with changes that may or may not end up in the official builds.

http://phones.crackflashers.com/glacier

Will need to know how to flash recovery through fastboot since you need to use clockwork 3.

I've attached a working recovery. (the attached recovery has been updated to 3.0.0.1, shoud fix some mounting issues. )

adb reboot bootloader

$fastboot flash recovery /path/to/recovery.img

If you 'd rather do it from the emulator follow http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=10131596&postcount=361

This is an alpha, so use at your own risk. And its definitely not official. So far no one has mentioned anything that doesn't work, but as usual, use at your own risk. Thatguy32404 and I are not responsible for anything that happens to your phone.

You also need gapps for 2.3, http://koush.tandtgaming.com//google/gapps-gb.zip
    Alo, thanks to Grankin01, we now have a working gappps zip with the new market.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/16719351/gapps-newmarket.zip

Also, if you decide to go back to a froyo rom, you'll need to flash the old recovery. Its also attached. If you need help flashing the recovery,
    check this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=852905

Also, if you are having trouble with adb/usb drivers check out the below thread by b16a2smith
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=896206
    download onto phone and move to root of your sdcard using astro or another file manager then open up terminal and type

su
    flash_image recovery /sdcard/cwm3glacier.img

you now haz recovery!
    Confirmed usb mount working!!

I have CM7 installed and I just got Windows to recognize the SDCARD via USB Mounting!!!!

Now again I am using Windows 7 so the steps are almost exactly the same. I literally just changed the device to a USB Mass Storage device and it worked!

Lol after trying so many drivers and it being the generic driver makes me angry. Here's what I did.

1. Right click on My Computer, go to Properties.

2. Go to Device Manager

3. Find your My HTC (should be the second one Android USB Device), right click on it and select Update Driver Software

4. Then select Browse My Computer for Software

5. Then choose Let Me Pick which driver to install on the bottom.

6. Then choose USB Mass Storage Device

Then it takes some time to think and viola! All working! However we are not DONE!

EDIT: So the next step I did after experienced issues remounting after unplugging the phone. I have change the MTP to ADB Testing Interface and things seem to be mounting everytime. Rebooted phone and PC, both worked again so I think this may be a working solution.

Now go to MTP.

1. Right click on My Computer, go to Properties.

2. Go to Device Manager

3. Find your MTP (should be under Unknown Devices), right click on it and select Update Driver Software

4. Then select Browse My Computer for Software

5. Then choose Let Me Pick which driver to install on the bottom.

6. Then choose Google Inc. and the Driver is ADB Testing Interface.

ENJOY!

Should I start a new thread for this? If so do I post this in Android Development?
    I just patched with all the latest updates and its building now. I'll post an update as soon as its done in a couple hours.
    So far all I can tell is wifi isn't working. Still testing everything else.

GPS works.

Wifi wirked after a reboot, not sure if that means its gonna continue working.

Also, I cant get my computer to even recognize the phone through adb. Tried updating the drivers and still no luck.