[ROM][OFFICIAL][Marshmallow 6.0][D2VZW] PAC-ROM

Search This thread
Hey guys. Having a little problem installing...

I verified the MD5 after downloading and did factory reset and formatted /system prior to attempting to flash. When I tried to flash the zip file, I got the error message in my attached picture.

I did a quick search of this thread for "assert failed" and "getprop" and it turned up nothing, so it doesn't seem like anyone else has had too much trouble with this (unless they did the lazy route and took a picture like I did).

I'm trying to jump ship from SlimBean because I've been having a bunch of trouble with the recent versions, and PAC-Man seemed like a good one to try. Unfortunately I haven't been able to get very far. Hoping someone can help.

Attachments

• DSCN0799.jpg
    DSCN0799.jpg
    239.4 KB · Views: 152

nicklovell23

Dec 29, 2011
Re: [ROM][OFFICIAL][4.2.2] PAC-Man ROM v22.0.1 [AOSPA + AOKP + CM10.1] (3/29/13)

Try updating your cwm..

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: demarcmj
Last edited:

funnyperson1

Jul 17, 2007
Re: [ROM][OFFICIAL][4.2.2] PAC-Man ROM v22.0.1 [AOSPA + AOKP + CM10.1] (3/29/13)

As far as I know, it's the most up-to-date CWM version available through the EZRecovery app.

It was disabled already, but I toggled it back and forth once to be sure.

UPDATE: I also downloaded and tried v22.0.0 and that did not work either.

Did you install Google wallet? If you changed your device id in build.prop then you would get that error.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

greatwhovian

Mar 9, 2013
Bayamon

Loving the rom! Awesome work!

I have some suggestions for next builds.

- AOKP now has up to 8 lockscreen slider shortcuts.
- CRT screen off/on effect control (turn off and on).
- PIE control colors.
- Messaging app with dark theme (not the widget, the app) black background, white text and Holo date for example.

Thanks!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

nicklovell23

Dec 29, 2011

As far as I know, it's the most up-to-date CWM version available through the EZRecovery app.

cwm should be 6.0.3.0 yours from the pic looks like 5.x something. Not sure about ezrecovery maybe try updating with ROM manager.

Reactions: demarcmj

drecu

Nov 5, 2007

You could get goo manager and flash twrp recovery works great for everything I've needed.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium

cwm should be 6.0.3.0 yours from the pic looks like 5.x something. Not sure about ezrecovery maybe try updating with ROM manager.

6.0.3.0 is the latest version of standard CWM

The 5.x that I have is the latest version of CWM Touch

I've never had any trouble with Touch before, but I'll try reverting back to standard and report back.

UPDATE: That seems to have done the trick. Thanks for the suggestion. Don't know why I didn't think to try that.

Last edited:

SSJSquall

Feb 28, 2010
Loving the rom! Awesome work!

I have some suggestions for next builds.

- AOKP now has up to 8 lockscreen slider shortcuts.
- CRT screen off/on effect control (turn off and on).
- PIE control colors.
- Messaging app with dark theme (not the widget, the app) black background, white text and Holo date for example.

Thanks!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

Actually PIE colors are reflective of what you choose as your navigational bar. Head into PA settings for interface and you can change them.

For the black messaging app, I use the ThyrusHolo Black theme. It basically turns the main apps to match the menu black and blue theme. I believe it affects messages, contacts, google now and google music.

Reactions: greatwhovian

Merknsissys

Oct 25, 2012
Boynton Beach
battery Drain

Klin I'm getting significant battery drain issues with these new 3.4 kernels any idea why? im not using Kt or any other just the PAC kernel and i can literally watch 1-2% every 5 mins disappear. I restore back to the March 7th build and its perfect. 5.3% a hour under heavy use.

davinci27

May 8, 2006

Update... Still running solid on the latest lean kernel. Getting great battery life as it settles in. I'm at 48% after 9hrs on battery

Same here haven't had any freezes and I am at 86% on 5 hours of usage.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

roflonmywaffle

Jul 11, 2012
Atlanta
I don't know if it's just android file host, but the 3.29 build is missing from the list. I only see the 3.21 build.

Edit: Nevermind, it's up now.

Last edited:

iballen93

Oct 4, 2012

I too can confirm perfect performance and great battery life from lean kernel 5.1 which was put out yesterday. Had one screen freeze with 5.0.10 which was out on the 30th but the latest one out on the 31st yesterday has been rock solid.

If been looking all over for this kernel and in finding old stuff in my Google search. If you have the chance could you please post a link to this. I've only been able to find his older builds I would really appreciate it

madmaverickmatt

Apr 26, 2009

If been looking all over for this kernel and in finding old stuff in my Google search. If you have the chance could you please post a link to this. I've only been able to find his older builds I would really appreciate it

http://rootzwiki.com/topic/32286-kernel-aosp-jb-v51-33113-leankernel-minimalistic-kernel/

Reactions: Farabomb

thejron

Jan 20, 2010

Wife's phone is shutting itself off randomly on this ROM. Thoughts?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

thejron

Jan 20, 2010

3/26 version. Included kernel and no mods

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM][OFFICIAL][Lollipop 5.1.1][D2VZW] PAC-ROM LP MR1

Header.png

PAC-ROM is built with our own tweaks and options, including picks and features from the best ROMs out there!

Why choose among ROMs, when you have All-in-One !!

Screenshots.png

PAC_man_slider.gif

Features.png

Features_List.png

Disclaimer.png

* By flashing this, you automatically void your warranty! *

* If your phone breaks, blows up or runs away from you, do not cry to us! *

* Do not ask for ETAs!! *

How_to_Install.png

* Download the ROM and GApps *

* Reboot to recovery *

* Wipe data/factory reset *

* Flash the ROM and then GApps *

* Reboot your phone *

* Enjoy *

How_to_Update.png

* Download the latest version *

* Reboot to recovery *

* Flash the ROM *

* Wipe both dalvik cache and cache *

* Reboot your phone *

* Enjoy the latest version of PAC-ROM *

Not_Working.png

Other_Info.png

* None for now *

Download.png

Credits.png

* PAC-ROM Team *

* Cyanogen Team *

* AOKP Team *

* DirtyUnicorns *

* SlimRoms *

* Vanir *

* Omnirom *

* Special thanks to all our Build Bot Providers (see Contributors list for all names) *

* PAC Graphix Team - Graphics, logos and images (see Contributors list for all names) *

* And of course, thank you for your love and support! *

Support.png

Support us with these banners:

pac_user_banner.png

pac_poweredby_banner.png

Help with server costs

donate.gif

XDA:DevDB Information
    Pac-Man - Verizon, ROM for the Verizon Samsung Galaxy S III

Contributors
    Papa Smurf151, manfromgta, clearchris
    ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information

Created 2015-04-29
    Last Updated 2016-08-13
    [ROM][OFFICIAL][4.2.2] PAC-Man ROM Nightly Builds for SCH-I535 (GMail fixed!!)

Original OP
    FYI we are actively updating to 4.4. Do not ask for eta...this will take time to sort out but will be worth it

XDA Moderator
    FYI pac-4.4 branch has been merged into pac github and gerrit. No alpha or nightlies yet but very soon. Feel free to poke around and if daring enough build for yourself. For those who wish to wait...please no eta as we are working as fast as we can. This is a full aosp base with commits brought I'm from all over with our own stuff added as well. Not all featured are added yet but will be over the next few weeks

XDA Moderator
    There will be an rc soon. Within next day or two then nightlies again if needed. We are staying inline with cm. There were a ton of commits push last night that fixed a lot of stuff and brought in more stability. Still a few more things left to do but they will get done.

Sorry I've been out of town all weekend at a beach resort and got engaged

XDA Moderator