[iPhoneToday FAQ's] iPhoneToday walkthroughs and icons

Search This thread

DarkPrinceByWWW

Jul 15, 2009
iPT does not disable or mess with the hard buttons when ran as a today plug-in. If you are using the exe version (start --> programs--> iPhoneToday.exe); then you will loose your hard soft keys bcause you are running it as a program, not a plug-in; same as any full screen program. If you run iPT that way, you will need to create icons to those settings/items. Since every phgone is different, I can't really create a guide how to add them

Got it.
Maybe you know how to link general settings?
Screenshot_96.jpg

I'm using it as a today PlugIn, any idea how to map the hardware buttons on TP2? It would be great to map the windows button to something like just the programs folder or to the first iPT page and let the back button also guide me to the first page. Because this one of this two button is really useless now ^^
Screenshot_98.jpg

To deactivate the start soft key should be easy :)

DarkPrinceByWWW

Jul 15, 2009
Thanks, but the icons and the text ist a way to big and there are other icons as i had normally in the settings menu. Do i also have this *.exe file on my phone? Or how to create it?
Screenshot_119.jpg

And does someone now how to create a link to a new sms? So it appears like on the screenshot? iContacts do it f.e.
Screenshot_117.jpg

Edit: got it: 42#"\Windows\tmail.exe" -service "SMS" -to ""

Last edited:

DarkPrinceByWWW

Jul 15, 2009
Another question. Why cant i move the iPT plugin in the today settings? Because of that, i cant move the rlToday plugin above the iPT :mad:

drjim

Nov 29, 2008
Can't uninstall; can't overwrite

I've been using iPhone Today for months and love it (no problems). But I thought bbonz's Apple slider tab was great. But I couldn't get it towrk.

So I uninstalled it no problem. And then wanted to update to iT 1.2.5. So I first tried to uninstall the old version (1.0), but, using Settings--System--Remove Programs, it said that it couldn't remove iT. I then tried to overwrite the old version of iT, but during the installation, it said that the old version couldn't be completely removed and installation was unsuccessful.

Can someone help me to uninstall old and install new?

Thanks.

j101399j

Aug 5, 2008
Dallas, TX
I've been using iPhone Today for months and love it (no problems). But I thought bbonz's Apple slider tab was great. But I couldn't get it towrk.

So I uninstalled it no problem. And then wanted to update to iT 1.2.5. So I first tried to uninstall the old version (1.0), but, using Settings--System--Remove Programs, it said that it couldn't remove iT. I then tried to overwrite the old version of iT, but during the installation, it said that the old version couldn't be completely removed and installation was unsuccessful.

Can someone help me to uninstall old and install new?

Thanks.

Try what I posted here:
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=4632213&postcount=2607

amalik27

Jan 8, 2009
Getting annoying Loading message

I followed the instructions step by step but when I click on the .exe file I am getting Loading message on the screen for iPhoneToday nothing is happening after that.

Ladislav Molnar

Oct 26, 2007
Link files

Hi, I'd like to try out this UI. It looks very simple and low mem consuming which is good to my Hermes, since I still love it.

I'd like to know whether the link files can be placed on the SD card or just on the device, eventually whether they can be groupped together under one folder to not loose them.:eek:

j101399j

Aug 5, 2008
Dallas, TX
Hi, I'd like to try out this UI. It looks very simple and low mem consuming which is good to my Hermes, since I still love it.

I'd like to know whether the link files can be placed on the SD card or just on the device, eventually whether they can be groupped together under one folder to not loose them.:eek:

Well it depends. For the main files (the icon.xml and settings.xml) they must be on the device in the \iPhoneToday\ folder. The icons and all the programs that the icons point to and open do not. I don't recommend using icon (png, jpg and bmp) files that are not on the device. Since your sd card load differently from time to time, you can get blank icons from time to time. However liking to programs, mortscripts and links on your sd card is just fine. I place all my shortcuts to programs, my icons and my mortscripts in the \iPhoneToday\ folder, so yes you can do that. The beauty of this UI is how useable it is.

michoob

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 19, 2008
Brussels
@j101399j: in the 4th post of this topic, you're talking about moesfeld’s Weather Add-on that is a really nice weather add on for iPhoneToday. Do you know about my weather add for iPhoneToday: IPTWeather?
It's even nicer ;)

j101399j

Aug 5, 2008
Dallas, TX
@j101399j: in the 4th post of this topic, you're talking about moesfeld’s Weather Add-on that is a really nice weather add on for iPhoneToday. Do you know about my weather add for iPhoneToday: IPTWeather?
It's even nicer ;)

Yes, I need to remove that. It does not work correctly anymore. Plus all of the previous mortscripts do not work with the new version. The new version stores the files in /program files/iPhoneToday folder. If you get yours working for this one, please let me know and I'll add it to the link.

michoob

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 19, 2008
Brussels
Yes, I need to remove that. It does not work correctly anymore. Plus all of the previous mortscripts do not work with the new version. The new version stores the files in /program files/iPhoneToday folder. If you get yours working for this one, please let me know and I'll add it to the link.

Actually, if you install IPTWeather in the \iPhoneToday\ folder and not the \Program Files\iPhoneToday\ folder, IPTWeather will still work, because it doesn't use iPhoneToday's files.
And you can change the installation folder of IPTWeather by editing one line in two files if you want to install it in the root of the device for instance.
The only problem, due to MortScript, is you cannot run a script with the notification system if it is in the Program Files folder, so you cannot put IPTWeather in the Program Files folder...
So yes, IPTWeather works with iPhoneToday 1.4, and soon, I will rebuild it to have better performance thanks to the new features of iPhoneToday 1.4 :).

EDIT: hum... I have forgotten that the iPhoneToday path is used by IPTWeather when you use the exe version of iPhoneToday, so I must admit that IPTWeather won't work with the exe version of iPhoneToday 1.4... I'll correct this soon by adding a parameter to set the iPhoneToday path :)

Last edited:

thepolishguy

Dec 3, 2009
Ivanhoe CA
Anyway to map a button to a contact, not just as call or sms?

PS: Here a nice overview for some option shortcuts ;) http://www.handy-faq.de/forum/windo...51874-windows_mobile_shortcuts_erstellen.html

I have a way that I do it. Not sure if you would be interested. If you use iContact (goes with the whole iPhone thing right? lol.), -when you open a contact are given an option, "Create Shortcut". Use that option and it will stick a link to the contact in your Start Menu. Then you just create an icon and point it at that link.

Don't know if that is what you want. But it is a working solution.

DarkPrinceByWWW

Jul 15, 2009
I have a way that I do it. Not sure if you would be interested. If you use iContact (goes with the whole iPhone thing right? lol.), -when you open a contact are given an option, "Create Shortcut". Use that option and it will stick a link to the contact in your Start Menu. Then you just create an icon and point it at that link.

Don't know if that is what you want. But it is a working solution.

I've used iContat a while ago, but i do like the windows one contact manager more since the 6.5.3 series ;) But thanks for the idea :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    To toggle gprs on/off, you can use VJVolubilis (Execute field VJVolubilis, Param fields -gprstoggle).

For callhistory, use the search button...
    9. Link an icon to a Call History
    To link to call history (files attached):
    1. Download the LaunchMSItem.zip
    2. UnZip the LaunchMSItem.zip and copy the LaunchMSItem.exe to your phone; (I reccomend your storage card)
    3. Edit your "phone" or "call" icon and set the type to "Missed calls"
    4. Set the ExecuteAlt to LaunchMSItem.exe's location
    5. Set the ParamsAlt to CALLHISTORY_ALL_CALLS

This will, when you have a missed call, goto call history

It's the only what i've found, but it isn't what i want.
    I need to create single key only for call history wich opens without any missed calls. Is there any command like :MSCProg for phone (i have it in "programms" and can launch without :MSCProg but i cant to do the same with callhistory) beacause:
    1) i havent got it in programms tab
    2) i dont know the command of it

Sorry annoying questions.

Try this program. Does it do what you need?
    Unzip this and copy the callhistory.exe program to your phone. Then just tap on it. it gives your choices on the bottom of the screen to very easily see what you want with one tap.