[TOOL][VIDEO] One click Radio S-OFF, SimUnlock (Easy Root & S-OFF Guide)

Search This thread

zubir2k

Nope cannot be done WiFi has to be connected to the USB . I understand the micro USB problem I encountered it on my 1st phone. But I what I did kind of a fun process but I purchased a damaged phone with a toasted screen took it apart and used the lower portion of the phones motherboard and made sure I followed the directions online for screen replacement instructions and I did it in about 3hrs total its not hard just need the replacement board which can be bought on eBay and the tools or if u have a friend or a shop that can do a screen replacement ask them if u brought them a board can they instal that one for u

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using xda app-developers app

what if i just flash using rom.zip from the bootloader. will it restored back to S-ON?

---------- Post added at 04:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:52 PM ----------

what if i just flash using rom.zip from the bootloader. will it restored back to S-ON?

I thought of doing the following methods in order to restore back to stock (S-ON and original CID):

1) flash PG98IMG.zip from build 1.32.xx to restore the Eng hboot back to normal.
2) by doing this, I guess it should switch back to S-ON with my original CID?
- coz in OP's direction, in order to S-ON back, you need to flash back to 1.32.xx and then run the tool
3) then, I use PG98IMG.zip from build 3.13.xx to flash to the current stock ROM.

zubir2k

Yay!!

I've made it!!

I manage to revert back to S-ON + stock hboot and revert to my original CID without even using USB cable
Now I can send it for repairs :)

Files required:

1) PD98IMG.zip for both build 1.32 and 3.13
2) hboot.nb0 files extracted from the 1.32 zip file (I've renamed the file so it would be easy to call)
3) gfree
4) Samba File Sharing from Google Play (in case you dont have a card reader)
5) ADB Konnect from Google Play
6) Visionary

Steps I did:

1) downgrade to 1.32 via bootloader PD98IMG.zip
2) root as usual (Visionary)
3) install ADB Konnect
4) install Samba File Sharing and configure your settings
5) run the ADB Konnect to enable adb over wifi
6) copy both hboot.nb0 and gfree to your C:\
7) open your command prompt "cmd" and enter "adb connect <your_device_ip>"
8) once connected, you can proceed to revert to your original CID and S-ON it back.
Code:
adb push gfree /data/local
adb shell
su
cd /local/data
chmod 777 gfree
./gfree --secu_flag on --cid HTC__044

9) next, flash the original hboot.nb0 file.
Code:
adb push hboot.nb0 /data/local
adb shell
su
cd /data/local
dd if=hboot.nb0 of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p18

10) Now run Samba File Sharing
11) from your PC, open your shared sdcard (refer address from the Samba File Sharing) and copy 3.13 PD98IMG.zip
12) back to the command prompt window, enter "adb reboot bootloader"
13) you should see your phone is now S-ON. proceed flashing by going into bootloader menu.

mambraxneol

Jan 31, 2009
Hy,

My Desire HD is root and bootloader is open , but i can't make it s-off i have tried many tools, but always the same problem.
"problem of connexion"?

Plaese help. :eek:

bbawden

May 14, 2010
Please help

I'm trying to use this tool simply to Sim Unlock my handset.

It pushes the files to the SD card OK, then says "Syncing" for a few seconds before coming up with "Unknown error, probably connection".

Device manager doesn't report any errors, and I can do adb and it connects OK.

I'm running IceColdSandwich 8.5
Radio is 12.54.60.25U_26.09.04.11_M2
Kernel is 2.6.35.14-LorDmodUE-9.8.8-ICS-BFS

My PC is Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Interestingly HTC Sync cannot find the device (when I turn USB debugging off)

Can anyone suggest what I can do do make this work?

(BTW, I did in fact a proper SIM unlock code from Orange, but after entering it and it saying OK, the phone doesn't reboot as it should, and the code doesn't actually do anything. Not sure if that's related)

Thanks

Last edited:

bbawden

May 14, 2010
Hi.

Sorry to bump, but does anyone have an idea as to what I can try to get this working?
Would flashing a different radio help?

t0mas_

Jan 26, 2011
Xiaomi Mi 8
this thread is long dead. but, you might want to try turning your antivirus/firewall/all kinds of other pc protection software off. of that doesnt work, use different pc and/or cable. but since it pushes files ok, my bet is on antivirus. gl

gi812

Oct 4, 2010
is there any way this could be implemented on an incredible 2?

(i was posting to the incredible 2 forums and it suggested this thread as related)

fprado06

Jul 18, 2012
lucena
I'm trying to use this tool simply to Sim Unlock my handset.

It pushes the files to the SD card OK, then says "Syncing" for a few seconds before coming up with "Unknown error, probably connection".

Device manager doesn't report any errors, and I can do adb and it connects OK.

I'm running IceColdSandwich 8.5
Radio is 12.54.60.25U_26.09.04.11_M2
Kernel is 2.6.35.14-LorDmodUE-9.8.8-ICS-BFS

My PC is Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Interestingly HTC Sync cannot find the device (when I turn USB debugging off)

Can anyone suggest what I can do do make this work?

(BTW, I did in fact a proper SIM unlock code from Orange, but after entering it and it saying OK, the phone doesn't reboot as it should, and the code doesn't actually do anything. Not sure if that's related)

Thanks

Same problem as you sir...

always say "Unknown error, probably connection" can anyone be us advice?...

mr.nou

Nov 23, 2011
semarang
Is need downgrade to s off?
My dhd now on miuiv5
S on
Unlock bootloader

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

yumm91

Jan 6, 2013
Is need downgrade to s off?
My dhd now on miuiv5
S on
Unlock bootloader

For average user, unlocked bootloader is enough to get by.. For flashing rom, you just need to flash boot.img everytime you flash new rom which is not necessary for s-off phone.

Sent from my Desire HD using xda premium

mr.nou

Nov 23, 2011
semarang
For average user, unlocked bootloader is enough to get by.. For flashing rom, you just need to flash boot.img everytime you flash new rom which is not necessary for s-off phone.

I think make it be s off will be nore usable for me when i want flashing rom on way
So what should i do?
Need back to stockrom or just let s off directly?

itoYo

Apr 4, 2007
ASDA

could you kindly explain what you mean by flashing boot.img. i am trying to setup my dhd as a backup phone , so far i have managed to unlock bootloader and put cwm, i cant seen to get S-off as the various links are now dead. if i can flash a ROM using the method youdescribe it would be great.

thanks in advance for you help

asim.sidz

Root?

Hi,

i want to root my HTC Desire HD. In fastboot i input the identifier token command and i get the following response:

fastboot oem get_identifier_token
(bootloader) [ERR] Command error !!!
OKAY [ 0.007s]
finished. total time: 0.007s

The fastboot getvar all command fetches me the following about my phone:
fastboot getvar all
(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 2.00.0027
(bootloader) version-baseband: 26.14.52.27
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: 0438
(bootloader) version-main: 3.12.405.2
(bootloader) serialno: SH0CBRX06411
(bootloader) imei: 352668046281109
(bootloader) product: ace
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-7230
(bootloader) modelid: PD9810000
(bootloader) cidnum: HTC__E11
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 3838mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: 743ca94a
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0
(bootloader) region-id: 0
all: Done!
finished. total time: 0.002s

What could be the reason why i cannot extract the Identifier token?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NOT COMPATIBLE WITH DEVICES SHIPPED WITH GINGERBREAD 2.3

One click Radio S-OFF tool

HTC - Quietly Unlocked

About:
    This tool will make a Desire HD Radio S-OFF after it has been permrooted with Visionary. After running this tool, you can flash any ROM and kernel to your device using ClockworkMod. No bootloader S-OFF needed! You use this tool at your own risk!

What's the difference to other methods?
    First of all, this is easy. The steps are straightforward, you do not need to tinker with complicated command line stuff. Radio S-OFF is the way these devices are meant to be made S-OFF, it is a safe way. If you use this method, reverting to stock is very easy! Unfortunately without ENG bootloader (my other tool) you cannot use fastboot commands (advanced stuff) and, for example, my Kernel Update Utility. To make a raw comparison, this tool is for everybody including new users and the eng hboot S-OFF version is for enthusiasts. Many experienced users have both, because having both allows supreme flexibility.

I recommend to use Radio S-OFF instead of traditional bootloader ENG S-OFF, because this can be more easily removed and is much much safer!

System requirements:
    • Windows XP SP2 or higher
    • .NET Framework 4.0
    • HTC Sync (or ADB drivers)
    • Desire HD with stock kernel (or Apache14's 1.0.7 / 1.1.4 Sense)
    • It will not work on 1.72.405.3 or higher build, or new radio (12.28b.60.140e_26.03.02.26_M is ok). Downgrade first!!

So, in detail, the Root & S-OFF process goes like this:
    • Install Visionary
    • Open Visionary and tap temproot, then attempt permroot now. Your device will reboot.
    • Connect your phone to a computer (make sure you have USB Debugging enabled. Connect charge only!)
    • Download the Radio S-OFF tool and place it in the root of your hard drive (c:\[tool folder goes here])
    • Open my "Desire HD easy radio tool.exe" (Windows 7, right click & run as administrator), choose the first option, click "Do it"! There may be a SuperUser request on your phone, allow it.
    • Done. (Remember to click the thanks button)
    • But you might want to continue if you are a new user:
    • If you want to flash a radio (to improve signal and battery life) some day, do ENG S-OFF (no need to use Visionary again, just run the tool)
    • To flash a custom rom: Get Rom manager from the market, which will install a ClockWorkMod recovery for you. Just open it up and tap "Flash ClockworkMod recovery"
    • Download a custom ROM, put it to your SD, and flash it using Rom manager or ClockworkMod itself. You can access ClockworkMod through Rom manager. It is recommended to do "wipe data / factory reset" in ClockworkMod before installing ROM from SD card.

It will create a backup of your phone partition 7 (radio config) to the root of your sdcard, I recommend to keep that somewhere really safe!

To go back to S-ON:
    • Flash stock ROM (RUU, not over 1.7)
    • Temproot using Visionary
    • Use my tool, do Stock CID and S-ON (enter brand CID if you had a branded device, see second post)
    • Enjoy your factory-state phone

If you like my work, please consider: (or just hit the thanks button :D)

Thanks: Paul O'Brien for visionary, scotty2 and others who found the method to patch P7, Guhl and everyone else who has worked on the G2 root, gfree and wpthis, link to the source code, those have been released under GPL

Download link is in the end of the second post
    [TOOL][VIDEO] One click Radio S-OFF, SimUnlock (Easy Root Guide)

FAQ:
    Q: Why is this Radio Tool, does it flash a radio?
    - From end user's view, it has nothing to do with radios, the name comes from the S-OFF technique this tool uses.
    Q: I cannot find "System Info" in SHIP bootloader
    - That is normal, just refer to the CID list when reverting to stock.
    Q: How can I revert to full stock, I have ClockworkMod and/or ENG S-OFF too?
    - Just follow the S-ON instructions.
    Q: Can I use ENG S-OFF with this one? Which one first?
    - Yes you can, it does not really matter, but I would do Radio S-OFF first.
    Q: Does no fastboot stuff mean slow device startup (no HTC Fastboot)?
    - No, I am talking about issuing commands to the bootloader through USB.
    Q: Is this Radio S-OFF permanent, does it go away if I flash RUU/factory reset?
    - It is permanent until you remove it using this tool.
    Q: I already had ENG S-OFF and I ran the tool, how do I find out if it worked?
    - If you used the first option, see bootloader system info. There should be CID-11111111.
    Q: I have now ENG S-OFF and Radio S-OFF, how do I get to stock?
    - Just follow the S-ON instructions, everything will be back to stock.
    Q: I have 1.72 or higher system, what should I do??
    - Downgrade using this guide, or flash Raidroid if you already have ENG S-OFF & ClockworkMod.
    Q: I tried to flash a radio, but it says not allowed!
    - You will also need ENG S-OFF to flash radios, because ENG S-OFF enables fastboot commands.
    Q: I want to make my device stock, I cannot find the RUU but I have a backup of the stock rom.
    - Follow these instructions.
    Checking the device state:
    - Go to the bootloader (turn fastboot off, turn off phone, hold vol- and power)
    - If it says ACE PVT SHIP S-OFF in the first line, your device is Radio S-OFF
    - If it says ACE PVT ENG S-OFF, you have ENG S-OFF, go to System info
    - If system info CID is 11111111, your device is SuperCID
    - And if you can verify either Radio S-OFF or SuperCID (and you did both), it worked fine and you have both of them
    - You can check your original CID by going to radio tool folder with cmd and typing: "adb shell getprop ro.cid"
    CID list:
    - Unbranded: "HTC__001"
    - O2: "O2___102"
    - Orange: "ORANG001"
    - German T-Mobile: "T-MOB101"
    - Vodaphone UK: "VODAP001"
    - More here
    Troubleshooting:
    - "Unknown error, probably connection"? See here, try with WiFi enabled.
    - If that^ did not help, open a command window, go to the tool folder, and type: "adb shell" and "su". Then leave the window in the background, and run the tool again.
    - "SD card failed"? When phone is connected to PC, check with some file manager that SD is accessible and works. Try another SD.
    - Make sure you are rooted by downloading Terminal emulator from the market, write "su", '#' should appear.
    - Check all the requirements. Twice. HTC Sync is mandatory!
    - Keep your phone awake when you are running the tool, a superuser window might appear. You have to allow.
    - Check your SD card, and tell us in the thread if a p7backup appeared on it.
    - If it says Done and the CID does not change in ENG bootloader, you have most likely flashed too new radio.
    Downloadcount:
    v1: 1402 downloads
    v2: 322 downloads
    v2.1: 2396 downloads

Please do not re-upload the file anywhere.
    Instructions on how to restore branded backup, and do s-on

As you people may have noticed, it is a lot easier to go to stock when you have the RUU.exe from HTC. In some cases the RUU is not available, and the only option is to restore nandroid backup of the branded rom. After that, the user has to manually remove clockworkmod and then do Stock CID & S-ON with my tool + Visionary unroot. I have now written instructions on how to do that.

These instructions work if the "starting point" is: Nandroid backup of the original rom in SD, ClockworkMod, Radio S-OFF and SuperCID in the phone (+ hboot_original.bin in SD card from ENG S-OFF tool if you used that). So, let's get started.

Go to ClockworkMod, and restore branded rom backup. It will take some time, then reboot the phone. Download attached stock recovery, unzip it, and put it to your SD card. Get Easy Radio Tool, and go to it's folder in command window (cmd). Type:

adb shell
    su (if you get permission denied, you have to do Visionary temproot)
    getprop ro.cid (this will tell you your stock CID, we will use that later, so write it down. It has eight digits.)
    busybox dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p21 (it will replace clockworkmod with original recovery)
    busybox dd if=/sdcard/hboot_original.bin of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p18 (ONLY if you had ENG S-OFF, it will give you back SHIP bootloader)
    sync (wait 10 secs after that, then you can close the adb shell window)

Go to the Easy Radio Tool, and first do Stock CID. Type the stock CID that you previously got to the text field. Click "do it". When that is finished, select S-ON and also click "do it". You can then go to Visionary, and unroot your device.
    Finally, you can go to the bootloader to check that everything is stock, the first line should read: ACE PVT SHIP S-ON.

Remember that the device has to be in charge only -state all the time. Moving recovery to SD is an exception. Usb debugging has to be enabled, and HTC Sync installed on the PC.

Huge thanks to specialkey, who tested this method in practice!
    Just to clear some things up with people who are interested in 1.72 & 1.75 non-rootability etc..

There will NOT be a new version of my tool. I will probably add some more options & functionality in the future, but this tool will not be upgraded to support s-offing newer ROMs. Why? Because HTC has blocked the way this works so thoroughly.

Then to the question of how to root & s-off the newer builds. There will most probably be a new version of Visionary which works with 1.72 ->, and I will add instructions on how to DOWNGRADE to 1.32. Sorry folks, it just has to be done that way. Many people are working on downgrading the new ones, just stay tuned. I cannot say anything about the schedule, though.
    *edit: sorry, HTC__044 is for HTC ASIA WWE. cross checked with error keys of bootloader (credits to whoever placed it in pastebin)

Code:
    TMUS    T-MOB010    TMD T-MOB101    TMA T-MOB102    TMNL    T-MOB003    TMCZ    T-MOB004    TMUK    T-MOB005    TMHR    T-MOB006    TMH T-MOB007    TMSK    T-MOB008    Era T-MOB009    TMMK    T-MOBL11    VODA-UK VODAP001    VODA-Germany    VODAP102    VODA-Italy  VODAP405    VODA-SFR    VODAP203    VODA-Spain  VODAP304    VODA-Netherland VODAPE17    VODA-Ireland    VODAP019    VODA-Greece VODAP006    VODA-Portugal   VODAPD18    VODA-Swisscom-WWE   VODAP015    VODA-Swisscom-DE    VODAP110    VODA-Swisscom-FR    VODAP212    VODA-Swisscom-IT    VODAP416    VODA-Australia  VODAP021    VODA-New-Zealand    VODAP022    VODA-Mobilkom   VODAP120    VODA-Proximus   VODAP024    VODA-TR VODAPM27    ORANGE-French   ORANG202    ORANGE-UK   ORANG001    ORANGE-ES   ORANG309    ORANGE-BE   ORANG012    ORANGE-PO   ORANG008    ORANGE-CH-FRA   ORANG203    ORANGE-CH-GER   ORANG104    ORANGE-SK   ORANG006    ORANGE-PL   ORANGB10    ORANGE-AT   ORANG113    GOOGLE  GOOGL001    TELEF-Spain TELEF301    TELUS   TELUS001    DCM DOCOM801    ATT CWS__001    Brightstar-SPA  BSTAR301    Brightstar-PTB  BSTAR502    VIRGIN-UK   VIRGI001    O2-UK   O2___001    HTC-Czech   HTC__C24    HTC-Denmark HTC__F08    HTC-Norway  HTC__H10    HTC-Sweden  HTC__G09    HTC-Poland  HTC__B25    HTC-Russia  HTC__A07    HTC-Turkey  HTC__M27    HTC-GCC HTC__J15    HTC-Australia   HTC__023    HTC-Singapore   HTC-FRA HTC__203    StarHub-Singapore   VODA-Africa-South   HTC__016    AirTel-India    TIM-Italy   TIM__401    H3G-Italy   H3G__402    Optus-Australia OPTUS001    Hutch-Australia HUTCH001    SMC-Voda-HK SMCVD001    Chunghwa-Taiwan CHT__601    Rogers  ROGER001    HTC-EastEurope  HTC__032    HTC-GER HTC__102    HTC-ITA HTC__405    HTC-Dutch   HTC__E11    HTC-Nor HTC__Y13    HTC-WWE HTC__001    HTC-ELL HTC__N34    HTC-SPA HTC__304    HTC-PTG HTC__506    DOPOD   DOPOD701    Open-Channel    HTCCN701    CT  HTCCN702    CU  HTCCN703    HTC-Asia-SEA    HTC__037    HTC-India   HTC__038    Fastweb-IT  FASTW401    O2-DE   O2___102    TWM-TW  HTC__621    Asia-HK-CHT HTC__622    HTC-Asia-SEA-WWE    HTC__044    HTC-FRA-Bouygues    HTC__247    HTC-BE  HTC__E41    VODA-SA VODAP026    ALL 11111111    H3G-DAN H3G__F05    H3G-SWE H3G__G04    H3G-UK  H3G__001    H3G-ROI H3G__003    Bouygues-Telecom    BOUYG201    Telstra TELST001    BM  BM_001  Dopod-China

Help yourselfs and please confirm that all entries are correct.

*edit2 idk how to make the code to seem be in a box, sorry for it being in a line.
    FORMAT ---- (CARRIER) (CID)

*edit3 Forgot to post link to sources (http:[slash][slash]pastebin[dot]com/zFzcH9Wg) .. Cant really post url since under 8 posts. Yes im a lurker