[DEV-WIP] ICS for Desire [ITL41D-SOURCE] [DOWNLOAD AVAILABLE]

Search This thread

chichoko

Dec 19, 2009
Belgrade
Since my knowledge about ROM developement is minimal to say the least, I am up for testing whatever ICS ROM you throw at us :) So long as it is from the source and not the SDK :p Just pm me with links or whatever and Ill test it out as much as I can :)

DJ_Jedi

Jun 10, 2010
Guys, this i s a dev thread, plz don't spam here.
BTW i'm obviously in the game, but i'm moving so atm i don't have a lot of time so i can't work on the source (till i come back to Italy, probably end of this week start of next) but i'm here to help other devs who want to build them meanwhile.

Reactions: vasili_defy

Chaosz-X

Jan 25, 2011
It's great to see there are so many people here interested! Stay tuned, and thanks to all of you that you're interested in this ROM!

theGanymedes

Oct 3, 2010
Do you think we can manage to integrate Sense into it as well? I have no idea about how the Sense manages stuff.. :)

Also, need to see kernel-side differences as well if there are any..

I can also help with something I guess - I am not so prune to download 7GB of Source code though :)

Reactions: gregbrooker

Chaosz-X

Jan 25, 2011
As far as I know, Sense is very deeply integrated into the OS, because else there would be a possibility for people to get it running on AOSP ROMs. So I think it will be really difficult to get Sense running on ICS (or impossible, dare I say).

Kernel-related: yeah, this is something I'm not sure about. I don't know if the kernel which gets built from the source will run, or else we'll need to try a GingerBread Kernel running with ICS.

That is my only concern actually, but as time passes by, we will learn more!

DJ_Jedi

Jun 10, 2010
Ok, thanks to a couple of minutes of spare time i did a first port of the Nexus One build, so all credits is to texasice. I use his base because my lack of time and with this PC probably it takes days to build from sources.
Working and not are the same from my SDK port (always because of missing drivers). No ETA for a download link and no ETA for updates, reasons are in my previuos post.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Post outdated, just read the thread or the thread by sandvold for recent builds.

Mod Edit: here's a link http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1355660
    I just fixed wifi, I'll release my kernel ASAP ;)

device20111120002057.png
    Great news: we ****ing did it!

With a lot of thanks to DonUber who allowed me to use his PC as a buildbox, (X4, which means 4 cores, running on 3.9GHz each, and 4GB RAM), the process went really fast, much faster than expected, actually.

In other words: we got a system.img built which is 157MB, and I think we changed or omitted about 15 lines of code in total, of which most are responsible for catching some errors and that kinda stuff. I'll be uploading the System.img and an update.zip here as soon as possible, as I'm going to get the IMG to my own PC now, and then I'll upload it and make an update.zip which I'll upload here too.

Stay tuned!
    Instead of making a vid , I'll post some pics for the guys who asked for it..
    Couldn't make a video since my camera couldn't get a sharp image for some reason:confused:

well , here they are !
    Seems I looked wrong, it's at about 10GB at the moment (the 'out'-directory), and I haven't got to AudioFlinger yet (haven't seen anything about it in the terminal yet..). Perhaps you could try to use:

make -jN -i

So in my case, I use the command 'make -j4 -i' to build. I had some errors with a few gtest-files which were related to IO (at least so it seemed...), and in the first try I removed those lines of code, but I thought it might be a better option to let it ignore the errors so the integrity of the source doesn't change, and with -i it got past the files which caused an error earlier without any problems, so it's worth a try !

And you could re-setup your environment:

make clean
    source build/envsetup.sh'
    lunch full-userdebug

I got a few errors which were caused by an app which looked like a non-use app, so I thought it might help to use 'lunch full-userdebug' instead of 'lunch full-eng', so hopefully this will prevent the errors from appearing :) So try -i first, and if you can't find another way to fix it if -i doesn't work, and you don't see any alternative solution, you could try the commands I gave here, to let it compile with 'userdebug' instead of 'eng' (engineering).

So my old attempt with some modified code to let it compile didn't work out, but using -i lets everything compile fine until now, and I made much less modifications to the code :)

Oh, and hereby a notification to everybody: It would be much appreciated if people wouldn't post posts as 'looking forward to this!'. You can thank the developers here by pressing the Thanks-button, but from now one, let's keep the topic clean of chitchat, and only use this topic only for development progress and status from now on :) Thanks to all of you, and for the big interest in this project!