[Q] How to know if Z1 is fake or Original

Search This thread

ahmed534

Jul 18, 2011
hello,
I am looking to buy an Xperia Z1 from a guy and I want to know what are the differences between the fake and the original Z1.
How to know if it is not a fake ?
it is the 1st time I am going to get a sony Xperia Smartphone, is there any other thing that I should know ? concerning bootloader, etc ... (for example how to know if it is sim and bootloader unlocked or not) ? knowing that am gonna root and flash custom recovery.

thks

emccccc

Nov 2, 2013
in my opinion you can tell by just touching it. I have never ever seen a fake z1, that aluminum is something that fakers don't want to spend on probably. Also, try dialing *#*#7378423#*#* it should bring up the service menu where you can see all the firmware and phone details as well as the option to test the sensors of the device. Also, IF YOU ARE BRAVE ENOUGH, bring a cup of water. Close all ports and SINK IT. should still work 100% after. :)

eclyptos

Jun 14, 2008
Planet Earth
Never saw a Fake one and never heard about someone buy one as this kind of tech it cost to much to the fakers probably. So don't worry, the probability of buy fake Z1 are close to 0% but still the probability to buy a defective one. It will be good to test it in your hands first or if you buy on internet use Paypal and an Platform which work with them (eBay).