[APP][Froyo][root] Move2SD Enabler - ex SetInstallLocation

Search This thread

JD82

Feb 1, 2009
www.anddev.it
Unlock "Move to SD" for ALL apps and set the default install location so that ALL apps (including those not yet support it and those already installed) install automatically/can be moved to your location choice.

Requirements:
  • root
  • froyo
  • USB debugging (Menu -> Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications -> Developement -> Check USB debugging. Thx pexon).
  • Fat32 partition with free space on the SD

294me8m.jpg
n9vy9.jpg

chart

The changelog can be found within the application.

Applications That Should NOT Install on External Storage

When the user enables USB mass storage to share files with their computer (or otherwise unmounts or removes the external storage), any application installed on the external storage and currently running is killed. The system effectively becomes unaware of the application until mass storage is disabled and the external storage is remounted on the device. Besides killing the application and making it unavailable to the user, this can break some types of applications in a more serious way. In order for your application to consistently behave as expected, you should not allow your application to be installed on the external storage if it uses any of the following features, due to the cited consequences when the external storage is unmounted:

• Services
    Your running Service will be killed and will not be restarted when external storage is remounted. You can, however, register for the ACTION_EXTERNAL_APPLICATIONS_AVAILABLE broadcast Intent, which will notify your application when applications installed on external storage have become available to the system again. At which time, you can restart your Service.
  • Alarm Services
    Your alarms registered with AlarmManager will be cancelled. You must manually re-register any alarms when external storage is remounted.
  • Input Method Engines
    Your IME will be replaced by the default IME. When external storage is remounted, the user can open system settings to enable your IME again.
  • Live Wallpapers
    Your running Live Wallpaper will be replaced by the default Live Wallpaper. When external storage is remounted, the user can select your Live Wallpaper again.
  • Live Folders
    Your Live Folder will be removed from the home screen. When external storage is remounted, the user can add your Live Folder to the home screen again.
  • App Widgets
  • Your App Widget will be removed from the home screen. When external storage is remounted, your App Widget will not be available for the user to select until the system resets the home application (usually not until a system reboot).
  • Account Managers
    Your accounts created with AccountManager will disappear until external storage is remounted.
  • Sync Adapters
    Your AbstractThreadedSyncAdapter and all its sync functionality will not work until external storage is remounted.
  • Device Administrators
    Your DeviceAdminReceiver and all its admin capabilities will be disabled, which can have unforeseeable consequences for the device functionality, which may persist after external storage is remounted.
  • Broadcast Receivers listening for "boot completed"
    The system delivers the ACTION_BOOT_COMPLETED broadcast before the external storage is mounted to the device. If your application is installed on the external storage, it can never receive this broadcast.
If your application uses any of the features listed above, you should not move your application to external storage.

If you want to translate the application in your language click here: http://mygengo.com/string/p/setinstalllocation-1/dashboard/

Last edited:

pexon

May 21, 2010
Amsterdam
Unfortunately, it won't run on my desire in DJ DROID, I installed apps to internal memory, so when I run it just stays black.

I had the same "darkness" but when I enabled USB debugging it works :)

Menu -> Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications -> Developement

Check USB debugging -> Enable

Last edited:

ransagy

Jun 29, 2010
Tel Aviv
The USB Debugging trick used to work for me when i was using DJDroid ROM, But using AdamG's Froyo Sense ROM this no longer works for me - even with USB Debugging enabled i can't use this application.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Unlock "Move to SD" for ALL apps and set the default install location so that ALL apps (including those not yet support it and those already installed) install automatically/can be moved to your location choice.

Requirements:
    • root
    • froyo
    • USB debugging (Menu -> Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications -> Developement -> Check USB debugging. Thx pexon).

294me8m.jpg
    n9vy9.jpg

chart

When the user enables USB mass storage to share files with their computer (or otherwise unmounts or removes the external storage), any application installed on the external storage and currently running is killed. The system effectively becomes unaware of the application until mass storage is disabled and the external storage is remounted on the device. Besides killing the application and making it unavailable to the user, this can break some types of applications in a more serious way. In order for your application to consistently behave as expected, you should not allow your application to be installed on the external storage if it uses any of the following features, due to the cited consequences when the external storage is unmounted:

• Services
      Your running Service will be killed and will not be restarted when external storage is remounted. You can, however, register for the ACTION_EXTERNAL_APPLICATIONS_AVAILABLE broadcast Intent, which will notify your application when applications installed on external storage have become available to the system again. At which time, you can restart your Service.
    • Alarm Services
      Your alarms registered with AlarmManager will be cancelled. You must manually re-register any alarms when external storage is remounted.
    • Input Method Engines
      Your IME will be replaced by the default IME. When external storage is remounted, the user can open system settings to enable your IME again.
    • Live Wallpapers
      Your running Live Wallpaper will be replaced by the default Live Wallpaper. When external storage is remounted, the user can select your Live Wallpaper again.
    • Live Folders
      Your Live Folder will be removed from the home screen. When external storage is remounted, the user can add your Live Folder to the home screen again.
    • App Widgets
    • Your App Widget will be removed from the home screen. When external storage is remounted, your App Widget will not be available for the user to select until the system resets the home application (usually not until a system reboot).
    • Account Managers
      Your accounts created with AccountManager will disappear until external storage is remounted.
    • Sync Adapters
      Your AbstractThreadedSyncAdapter and all its sync functionality will not work until external storage is remounted.
    • Device Administrators
      Your DeviceAdminReceiver and all its admin capabilities will be disabled, which can have unforeseeable consequences for the device functionality, which may persist after external storage is remounted.
      The system delivers the ACTION_BOOT_COMPLETED broadcast before the external storage is mounted to the device. If your application is installed on the external storage, it can never receive this broadcast.
    If your application uses any of the features listed above, you should not move your application to external storage.

If you want to translate the application in your language click here: http://mygengo.com/string/p/setinstalllocation-1/dashboard/
    Is there a version that would work for gingerbread?
    Somehow I cannot DL this from market or Appbrain, it says that this file is not compatible with my device which is Nexus One. I had this on my rooted Nexus before I don't know what's wrong with it, anyways, I found Version 0.9.5 online but can someone please upload 0.9.6 here? or on any other online-storage website so I can download it? I really appreciate it.

v0.9.6 is only for Froyo, other versions are filtered out by the Market. I'm working on a Gingerbread version, but I'm very busy this days.

You can try the beta of version 0.9.7 attached to this post, should work fine with Android 2.2 and 2.3.

before finding your program i partitioned my card with Rom Manager - i was trying to set the apps to install to sdcard with adb. But now i found your GREAT app! I have 2 questions:
    1. this program does'nt use the partition of the card, right? so if i remove the partition this still works, right?
    2. i needed to move to sdcard app like igo and navigon. it worked, no problems there. do you think that they will work ok in the future? they're not from root/system/services...

thank you for your job!

1. Yes, does not require partitions on the SD and you can safely remove the partition
    2. Applications that do not fall in THIS list should work correctly
    The application is on the Market, but you need Froyo (Android 2.2) to see it.
    Alternatively you can download it from here: http://slideme.org/en/application/move2sd-enabler
    thanks

Requirements:
    • root
    • froyo

294me8m.jpg
    n9vy9.jpg

chart

• Services
    • Alarm Services
    • Input Method Engines
    • Live Wallpapers
    • Live Folders
    • App Widgets
    • Account Managers
    • Sync Adapters
    • Device Administrators

Thank you very much