Getting my Xplay Wednesday Stoked!

Search This thread

Zombie Taco

Mar 6, 2012
Coeur d'Alene, ID
I'm getting my Xperia Play on Wednesday. It took me a while to decide to get it, I wanted the Rezound. But I'm getting more and more excited about getting it, plus it was free. I didn't like the somewhat outdated hardware, but coming from the worst android Satan ever though of the LG Ally I should see a performance boost. This is 4 Ally's later and Verizon refusing to give me a Rezound or even honoring a deal on Friday that ended Wednesday. They also dropped my data package as I had to move to a basic phone for about a month, I had unlimited data which you can't even get now. But I can't wait to play some sweet online gaming anywhere I want. Bathroom breaks are going to be a little longer from now on.

Reactions: LG_fuad92
W

weeo

Hope you like it. My opinion was its the worst phone I ever had. But for you its better as you had a LG Ally :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

W

weeo

It's a good phone!

Sent from my R800i using XDA

Yeah. But from me, I hated it. Rooting was okay. But most roms wouldn't support the gamepad. Its too thick. Looks a bit ugly ( like most xperias except the new one ) Timescape was ugly. All of it was bad except the camera. But I had this phone after a few of my others such as a Nexus S, Desire HD and Desire, so I guess that could've ruined it for me.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Mael5trom

Jun 15, 2010
So you "hated" the xplay over the way it looks, and its default ui... which is easily changed, you sir sound hard to please, and yet you like the camera? arguably one of the weakest points of the phone imo. different strokes i guess.

I just found stating that you "hated" it a bit harsh, particularly since this guy just bought one. you didn't even go for redeeming features to soften the blow. :/

btw, i added an extended battery, its thick as a tank, and i love it. :p

D.Spirit

Oct 10, 2011
Riyadh
wainty.com
I'm getting my Xperia Play on Wednesday. It took me a while to decide to get it, I wanted the Rezound. But I'm getting more and more excited about getting it, plus it was free. I didn't like the somewhat outdated hardware, but coming from the worst android Satan ever though of the LG Ally I should see a performance boost. This is 4 Ally's later and Verizon refusing to give me a Rezound or even honoring a deal on Friday that ended Wednesday. They also dropped my data package as I had to move to a basic phone for about a month, I had unlimited data which you can't even get now. But I can't wait to play some sweet online gaming anywhere I want. Bathroom breaks are going to be a little longer from now on.

Not good decision
Xperia Play specs = 2010 phones specs

• single core processor
    icon13.gif
  • RAM 512 MB
    icon13.gif
  • Internal Memorey 300 MB
    icon13.gif

• Not all games run smoothly,
    icon13.gif
+

• I have not seen any great\perfect custom ROMs for it yet.
    icon13.gif

You could wait at least "Hayabusa" Xperia Play 2, If u want a phone with gamepad.

I know that a lot of people don't like my comment, but this is the truth.
redface.gif

sufy1000

Oct 22, 2011
Not good decision
Xperia Play specs = 2010 phones specs

• single core processor
    icon13.gif
  • RAM 512 MB
    icon13.gif
  • Internal Memorey 300 MB
    icon13.gif

• Not all games run smoothly,
    icon13.gif
+

• I have not seen any great\perfect custom ROMs for it yet.
    icon13.gif

You could wait at least "Hayabusa" Xperia Play 2, If u want a phone with gamepad.

I know that a lot of people don't like my comment, but this is the truth.
redface.gif

You spelt memory wrong dummy. Btw you can always root your phone to increase internal memory and delete bloatware so thats out of the question. As for the processer. It's a 1ghz snapdragon which still runs well and is still apparent in other phones as well.

Xperia play in white does NOT look ugly. It's got such a nice curve at the back which makes it look sexy.

I really cant complain though as I got my Xperia play for £150.

People who are complaining are the ones who have bought it for £400-500.

Sent from my R800i using XDA App

TheCraig

Sep 3, 2011
Helloooooooooooooo
You spelt memory wrong dummy. Btw you can always root your phone to increase internal memory and delete bloatware so thats out of the question. As for the processer. It's a 1ghz snapdragon which still runs well and is still apparent in other phones as well.

Xperia play in white does NOT look ugly. It's got such a nice curve at the back which makes it look sexy.

I really cant complain though as I got my Xperia play for £150.

People who are complaining are the ones who have bought it for £400-500.

Sent from my R800i using XDA App

I got it for £400 - £500, I'm not complaining, I love the Xperia play and don't regret spending £400 - £500, Root and Doom Kernel is all I need :p

Logseman

Nov 22, 2010
Tenerife
logseman.svbtle.com
Best €400 I could have ever spent. I would love for the phone to last me years and years. I'll wait a bit to buy the successor if it comes. I paid a sucker premium for this one which I could have avoided if I had waited a little bit.

GetPatriotized

Jun 11, 2011
Toronto
So you "hated" the xplay over the way it looks, and its default ui... which is easily changed, you sir sound hard to please, and yet you like the camera? arguably one of the weakest points of the phone imo. different strokes i guess.

I just found stating that you "hated" it a bit harsh, particularly since this guy just bought one. you didn't even go for redeeming features to soften the blow. :/

btw, i added an extended battery, its thick as a tank, and i love it. :p

He's talking about Xperia in general,can you read?

Zombie Taco

Mar 6, 2012
Coeur d'Alene, ID
I know it's not a PS3, I love video games, and I'm getting mine for free. Why is everyone arguing? I appreciate everyone's opinion, it's leaps and bounds over my Ally. Also I plan on getting an extended battery too lol.

Last edited:

Robson

Jul 22, 2003
Melbourne
well i'm pretty happy with it. i'm a "mild" gamer and am into ps1 just for the good old days. i've finally gotten psxperia 2.0 to work and convert the games i used to play. have em installed in the play and it's sweet. no complaints on the memory or the rom or the hardware. as far as i'm concerned, i'm keeping this phone

trickytrees

Feb 28, 2012
You mean spelled right?

Btw the play is an awesome device but you wont feel that way unless your a gamer and not one of these morons who bought it thinking it was a ps3
Erm, no - he means 'spelt', as in past tense of 'spell'.
American English is wrong again.

Don't really understand the hate towards the Play, it's not as if it's the worst of all those phones with gamepad controllers. You know, those thousands of phones.

Jotamide

Feb 27, 2012
Congrats! I got mine over the weekend and I'm loving it. Playing Zelda Majora's Mask and Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow among other great games I loved as a kid is priceless.

You might want to check this sale that is going on for the relaunch of the android market as google play (Dead Space is $0.49 as well!).

EDIT: can't post the link but google it out :p

Have fun with your new XP! :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've been looking through the dev forum, but I still don't know if I want to root it or not. I had my Ally rooted, romed, and overclocked. 4 of them with hardware issues, I hate them. I think the battery went bad on the latest one, and the ear piece stopped working. So to an Xplay it is :D

Rooting is almost necessary with Verizon's version of this phone. The UI is much different from the GSM XP, it's loaded with Verizon crapware, and there are other tweaks that most find necessary that will require root.

The locked bootloader is something you can live with, though I love the fact that I have mine unlocked. $24 well spent.

For roms right out of the box, I would recommend Cola Rom. I had that for a while until I unlocked, and now I'm on CM7. Which, neither of these two roms have had a single problem with the gamepad since I've had the phone. CM7 has problems with touchpads in specific games, but I can't be sure which, as I mostly play emulators.

I actually went from LG Ally to Samsung Fascinate to the XP. The Fascinate is a great phone with lots of support, but I got bored with it. I'm a classic gamer, and the touchscreen controls just weren't doing it for me.