[GUIDE]Where to Find the Kernel Source Code for Your Device[6-20-14]

Search This thread

shimp208

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 25, 2011
Boston
Any source code for desire 816g mt6592 ?

Yes you can find the source code for your HTC Desire 816G here at the htc dev website. In filter by choose your Desire 816 Dual SIM and then it will show you all the available downloads. From the available downloads choose the one that best fits your region and carrier. Let me know if you have any more questions I will be happy to help :)!

N

notauseranymore

Hi, I'm new to kernel dev and would like to update mine with CAF commits.
My CPU is the MSM8926, kernel is running Linux 3.4.0+.
Right now I'm doing this for stock 5.1.1 ROM too.

jsvictor

Jul 19, 2016
Extracting source code from phone

In addition to referring to the source code from above links, is it also possible to extract the source code directly from the phone by using some commands (by use of adb, for example)? This could be useful in scenarios when source code is not available for specific phones or by specific manufacturers.

Thanks!
Regards,
John

N

notauseranymore

In addition to referring to the source code from above links, is it also possible to extract the source code directly from the phone by using some commands (by use of adb, for example)? This could be useful in scenarios when source code is not available for specific phones or by specific manufacturers.

Thanks!
Regards,
John

You can't.

eaxdest

Apr 15, 2018
Which file is for Alcatel Pixi 3 10 Wifi?

I have been trying to find the kernel source for my device Alcatel Pixi 3 10 Wifi to no avail. I checked the link you gave me but I was not able to figure out which one was the source I was looking for.

Top Liked Posts