galaxy S4 microsd card problem

Search This thread

mikeprius

Jan 13, 2014
Orange County, California
Hello

I have SanDisk 64gb microsd. I have not done anything to the phone and now periodically the phone stops reading the 64gb card .It does not say unmounted just when I check gallery the photos are not there and I have to restart the phone.

I have a rooted 4.3 ROM..The only thing I can think of is ES file explorer potentially caused issues. I noticed things acting weird after I used it when I do heavily.

Please help. Any and all advice welcome. Thanks

mikeprius

Jan 13, 2014
Tried to re flash a nandroid still issues. I noticed in general my touchwiz is running so slow. I flashed sacs red theme about a month ago. Not sure if that had anything to do with it. Should not have.

It will reread it when I remount it or reboot. Not sure specifically what is causing it though.

Last edited:

pontif

Apr 5, 2013
Raleigh
Tried to re flash a nandroid still issues. I noticed in general my touchwiz is running so slow. I flashed sacs red theme about a month ago. Not sure if that had anything to do with it. Should not have.

It will reread it when I remount it or reboot. Not sure specifically what is causing it though.

Have you tried searching the forums for sdcard fix? Google it? There have been issues with 4.4 and sdcard reading issues. Also downloading foldermount from the playstore has helped others with issues. If all else fails reinstall rom.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using XDA Free mobile app

mikeprius

Jan 13, 2014
I searched on Google and there is not really a concise answer as to why this happens. It is a very ambigious issue, however; it seems to be a reoccuring issue with SanDisk cards and 4.4 KitKat ROMs.

What I did was completely flush out and re-installed both custom recovery and my ROM to 4.2.2

It is disappointing because I really like my Samsung Galaxy S4 phone and you'd think upgrades mean better quality product when it has not. 4.4 KitKat ROM is not that good. I don't like both CM and TW versions of KK. One feature I do not like with TW KitKat is the inability to hide icons. There are also issues with battery drain and free hotspot mod.

I don't know what is going on. When I plug my phone into the computer I can access the SD card. When I check the phone it is not reading the SD card. Don't know what the problem is.

Radixb

Mar 26, 2014
Lafayette, IN
Have you tried a different SD card? That would help you determine if it is specific to the card or potentially a phone issue.

mikeprius

Jan 13, 2014
What I will do is try and format the SD card with the phone, then put everything back on. So far, I have isolated it to ESFile explorer. Initially I did not update the apk and thought that would work. It did not.

Here's what has happened:

I use ESFile explorer to access the SD card. Then when I went into clockworkmod, I tried to delete a nandroid copy I made. It says 'failed to delete'.

Then the ROM and sdCard do not work correctly anymore, so I have to wipe and re-flash an old nandroid.

Makes me wonder if something is corrupted in the SD Card. Everything used to work fine, but now whenever I access the SD Card with ESFile explorer, even the old version of it, it causes issue.

dyandell

Jul 22, 2013
There is a problem with some Sandisk SD cards. Evidently there was a bad batch. I had some of the same issues. My card was bad. I went to Sandisk's website and they replaced it for free. I was without my card for a week but I got a new one and everything seems to be working fine now.

mikeprius

Jan 13, 2014
Can you explain how you did this ? So an update on my situation. I can read the sd card but it will not format and nothing can be written to the card. I tried using recovery and touchwiz to format and it fails.

Can access what is on there but cannot write or format anymore. Any ideas ? At this point I swapped to a new SanDisk card I had lying around. Don't know what to do with the old card

dyandell

Jul 22, 2013
Can you explain how you did this ? So an update on my situation. I can read the sd card but it will not format and nothing can be written to the card. I tried using recovery and touchwiz to format and it fails.

Can access what is on there but cannot write or format anymore. Any ideas ? At this point I swapped to a new SanDisk card I had lying around. Don't know what to do with the old card

I assume you are asking me how I got my card replaced. I did some research and found the issue mentioned here on XDA as well as on the internet. I went to Sandisk's website, http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/list/kw/microsd microsdhc/, and did some more research. I finally contacted their customer service and they told me the process for getting the replacement shipped. If I were you I would just contact their customer service on their website and let them run you through the process.

Reactions: pontif

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I assume you are asking me how I got my card replaced. I did some research and found the issue mentioned here on XDA as well as on the internet. I went to Sandisk's website, http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/list/kw/microsd microsdhc/, and did some more research. I finally contacted their customer service and they told me the process for getting the replacement shipped. If I were you I would just contact their customer service on their website and let them run you through the process.