[TESTING] XDAndroid GBX0C 2.3.7 Build

Search This thread

ryannathans

Dec 4, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
Arrrghhh, are you cdma or gsm? At the moment I can't see anything else seperating us besides the device.

Would you mind trying to get a location on gbx0b with the included .27 kernel with gps disabled?

This Is persisting accross multiple fresh data.img's and on partitioned too. As I say, works fine in froyo.

nickleby

Sep 28, 2008
Caracas
On GBX0B using NO GPS and relying on Wifi and GSM only, I can't get a position at all - anywhere. (Error message is "Your current location is temporarily unavailible")

I can't get my location using the Wireless Netowk too! :confused: I got the same message: "Your current location is temporarily unavailable". I don't even get the agreement dialogue when you select "Wireless Network Location" as in Froyo

Last edited:

ryannathans

Dec 4, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
FIX!

Stinger22 kindly messaged me with the solution to the location issue.
The problem lays within the google apps package.

Grab the bundle gapps-gb-20110828-signed.zip from this site: http://goo-inside.me/gapps/

Extract the zip, NetworkLocation.apk needs to replace its partner in /app

I just ended up extracting everything inside the system folder to replace it's outdated partner from GBX0B.

Eg, I extracted system/app/* to /app/ system/etc/* to /etc/ and so on...

But from what I understand, only the new NetworkLocation.apk is needed.

And after booting back into GBX0B, a working google maps, network location at last!

Last edited:

arrrghhh

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2007
Cool, thanks Stinger & ryannathans... I guess the gapps package needs some tweaking.

SgtMac02

Aug 15, 2011
Ok, here's an update to the wifi issue from yesterday. Twice so far today the wifi was not connecting, so I had to go into the Wifi settings page. I did not actually have to turn wifi off and on again, I simply had to wait a minute there for it to reconnect. First was this morning when I got to work, it still showed me as connected to my home wifi (miles away) and when I waited for a minute after viewing that screen, it picked up correctly. Then later in the day after having walked away from wifi signal, I had to do the same thing to get it to connect again (showed not connected until I went to settings and waited for connection). Then a third time while still sitting at my desk well within range, I picked up the phone to try to do something and it was disconnected again....as though the wifi had gone to sleep. But I still have it set to always on. It wouldn't reconnect until I went to the settings screen and waited a few seconds for it to connect. I grabbed a log that should contain ALL of this since it looks like it goes back to last night's reboot at midnight(ish). I hope this might help:
http://pastebin.com/Uk2iRs3P

Edit - Update:
Here's another log file. I was sitting at my desk well within range. Went to check my google voice and had no connection. Went to wifi settings and it still showed me as connected. Had to turn wifi off and then on again to get back online.
http://pastebin.com/vLePpGye
Hope something in one of these logs helps you guys out. It's all Greek to me.

Last edited:

walter79

Recognized Developer
Dec 18, 2006
Thanks for this build. With .27 kernel my wifi works. Networklocations works with fix. GPS did not work. I will do some test tomorrow.

fortunz

Apr 19, 2009
inside
I've got a friend with RHOD400 using the stock .27 kernel who had his audio cut out to be replaced with static, I've had him install getlogs and he promises to pull them next time it happens.

I had what seemed to be a repeatable case when I first installed GBX0B, though I didn't try it many times. I used alarm clock xtreme to play an mp3 alarm and it seemed to come up static and loud pops each time. That was on the original .27 kernel, but I've moved on to 3.x since. I'll go back to .27 this weekend, see if I can get it to repeat and post logs myself.

Last edited:

webxplore

Jan 19, 2007
Just installed GBX0B on a clean formatted card. Everything's fine except there is no ring sound (tried multiple ringtones) for incoming calls. Anyone experience this?

Last edited:

JDog2pt0

Sep 22, 2009
Morgan
Nothing much to say here, just uploading my CSV files. RHOD500 using SharkieROM. I think I'll try to compare the various CSV's in the coming days. Still settling into our new house.

Attachments

• RHOD500SharkieCSV.zip
    35.4 KB · Views: 14

SgtMac02

Aug 15, 2011
This might be in the wrong thread, but it happened while running this build, so I thought I'd start here....

So, yesterday afternoon on my way home, I was in the middle of a phone call when my phone took a complete **** on me. It dropped the call, and when I went to look, it said I had no service, then a few seconds later, it shut down completely. I could not reboot it even after plugging into a power source (I thought maybe the battery died). After being plugged in for a while, I was able to boot back up into WinMo, but now when I try to launch Haret, I get the following error:

"The file "Haret" cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate, or one of its components cannot be found. If the problem persists, try reinstalling or restoring this file."

This morning, I went in and copied over all of the files again from my hard drive and replaced them all, and I still have the same issue. I get the same error when trying to launch the Haret file from either of the other two Froyo builds that I've also got on the card. Wondering if any of you have any thoughts on this. :(

gjvk70

May 8, 2006
This happens to me only when still connected to my PC with the usb cable. Could this be your problem?

helicopter88

Jul 28, 2009
when I try to launch Haret, I get the following error:

"The file "Haret" cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate, or one of its components cannot be found. If the problem persists, try reinstalling or restoring this file."

Could you try to launch another wm app?

vinceweis

Jan 10, 2008
Fontana, CA
OnePlus 7T
:(

If I recall, I got this message when the rel_path statement is not set or wrong in the startup file. I have had similar problems if my sd card had partitions and I did not add no_partitions to the startup file.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using XDA App

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007

WinMo issue. I can't remember the solution tho... Search around, I know others have had it, and it's a problem with Windows Mobile not wanting to run certain unsigned applications... such as HaRET.....

jigwashere

Dec 15, 2009

This morning, I went in and copied over all of the files again from my hard drive and replaced them all....

Have you tried reformatting the microSD card before copying the files over? Since this happened when your device crashed, I wonder if something on the card became corrupted.

There's also a registry setting you might consider changing: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=3312617&postcount=5

I'm interested in being a tester, but don't know where/how to get started or help. I'm new to XDAndroid, and so far loving it on my (stock Sprint WinMo 6.5) TP2. I just installed GetLogs.apk and will try to figure out how to use it.

I don't think you're terribly interested in issues I'm having with apps, is that true?

Sound works well for me, including through 3.5mm plug. WiFi tether works well, but when turned off I get a freeze and ultimately crash (or pull the battery). Do you need any BT tests? If so, what would you be looking for?

Reading the post above about GAPPS, I am unable to locate NetworkLocation.apk on my microSD card. Did I miss an install along the way? I do know that Google Sky Map shows me sun when I look up at the night sky, but I suppose that could be caused by any number of issues (clock, GPS, user skillset, etc.).

Anyway, I'm happy to pitch in if you like!

Last edited:

JDog2pt0

Sep 22, 2009
Morgan
^ His appears to do the same thing, so it's up to you if you want to muck around in the registry or go through the process of getting the cab on your phone.

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=3973249&postcount=1

Link has a cab that allows you run unsigned apps (if that is in fact the issue)

Last edited:

jigwashere

Dec 15, 2009
I paired my headset, and but was unable to pair a keyboard.

Sent from my NookColor CM7.1 using Tapatalk

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
I paired my headset, and but was unable to pair a keyboard.

Sent from my NookColor CM7.1 using Tapatalk

You're trying to pair a BT keyboard... on a device that already has a physical keyboard? lol.

BT probably still has some work, but I don't know if we'll be able to get it done.... Logs are obviously going to help, but honestly BT might be a lost cause.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey folks,

This is a completely new build, with all the new changes baked in. We wanted to do a semi-official test release to collect bugs and hopefully do a formal official release with everything settled. The main pain point is the CSV files (see pre-install prep).

So a brief overview:

• New acoustic routing code baked in. Should fix most if not all audio routing problems, and will provide more debugging if stuff does go wrong. Also allows for more granular tweaking, see the CSV files.
    • GPS fixes for GB - GPS not only works in GB now, but it doesn't kill sleep! I was able to use GPS, get a solid lock, and put the device to sleep no problem.
    • BT should work & well with the new acoustic code. Post results.
    • RHOD users now have a choice of kernels. .35+ all have the new acoustic - so .35, .39, 3.0 and 3.1 are all fair game now... This is bundled with .27!!
    • Keep in mind, autobuild .27 kernels will produce no audio in this build... Obviously the bundled kernel will work, and the absolute newest .27 autobuild kernel does work now - Feb.27 2012 or newer.
    • rootfs tweaks - first, it will detect which kernel you're on (.27 or .35+) and automatically apply the correct firmware. Second, is it will always copy/extract the modules... failures there were getting annoying, and this is surefire if brute-force...
    • Few Easter egg apk's...
    • Probably a lot I'm forgetting, this might change ;)

Pre-Install Prep REQUIRED!!!

This step is crucial, and I forgot all about it! You must copy all of the *.CSV file from your WinMo ROM - these are in the \Windows\ directory. There's a very easy way to do this. It involves the Total Commander app for WinMo (Direct Link for the perpetually lazy...) (included in EnergyROM and others probably).

Now you're in Total Commander looking at your \Windows\ directory. Whew... lots of files. Fear not! Hit the "CTRL" button, then the green "Plus" button. This opens the Select/Unselect files dialog. Put in *.csv, press "select" and voila. All CSV files are selected. Now - File -> Copy/Move -> I want you to copy these (should be 10) files to the ROOT of your SD card. No folders!!! This is hardset right now, until we get it all implemented into the build properly. Thanks!

Install

Assuming you've done the pre-install prep; this is installed just like the other XDAndroid builds - grab your startup.txt (don't forget rel_path= if you don't have it at the root of the SD!), ts-calibration and boot!

Download
    Caveat List

• CDMA users might get a crash in phone.apk and no service on boot. If waiting doesn't resolve the issue, then reboot. Should come up fine...
    • BT might still be flaky
    • The CSV files from my RHOD400 are attached for the lazy. I'd like to gather CSV's from each RHOD, I'm curious if any ROM devs have changed them out either... This could get interesting. If you folks don't mind, post up your CSV's, point out differences with mine, etc... We're trying to figure out how to unify these, if possible! Thanks!
    Please post back any issues, enjoy!

GBX0C Changelog
    • Camcorder: Now works (tested on rhodium).
    • Acoustic: Bug-fix : correct random loss of dual(rear)-mic.
    • MMS: Bug-fix: Slides with zero duration on Sprint.
    • Gps: Bug-fix: Init/de-init sequence fix (correct gps not starting up after being unchecked in Settings).
    • Gps: Bug-fix: End gps session with a correct rpc call (relevant to amss6125 devices).
    • Gps: Bug-fix: Don't send delayed position requests after session has ended (possibly relevant to Navigation issues).
    • Gps: New feature: Xtra (aGPS) -> verified to work on rhodium/cdma raph.
    • X1 specific: Screen rotation patch.
    • Added tytung's GPS injector app to AndroidApps\Other as well as updating/cleaning up some apps in AndroidApps.
    • Modified rootfs for newest apsta firmware & wifi firmware - wifi tethering now works flawlessly in the newest kernels! .27 is still bundled for the record...
    Bump. New build guys.

(check the site, the link will be the same but timestamp will update... Not on the filename, on the actual site.) Sorry, I didn't want to make it look like a whole new build, so I kept the filename the same. You should just be able to hit the link in the first post as usual ;).

Everyone should grab the full bundle. It includes a new .27 acoustic kernel that should fix some problems, and there's a lot of userland fixes:
    • MMS should be fixed for Sprint users
    • XDAndroid will now show as the provider
    • GLES put back in (whoops)
    • Network-based location put back in (which was working before, but this last boot it didn't...? Let me know on this guys, I might need another update... Definitely seems broken!! What the heck. There'll be another update, sorry folks.)
    • hyc's dmesg binary baked into the rootfs (timestamps... in dmesg!)

There was A LOT of acoustic changes in this build (hao0907047407 - try again, perhaps you have sound now?). Download the full bundle, and REPLACE EVERYTHING!! I've added a lot of updates across the board, and I don't want people running partial stuff.

You should be able to reuse your data.img...

I'm still not able to get netloc to work... I am just scratching my head as to why it worked at first and now it doesn't. I'll keep working on it, but so far that seems to be the only thing I set out to fix that isn't.

Bring on that feedback guys!
    First post updated, new build. Enjoy, please report back. Changelog in the second post. I will update the changelog further, that's just detule's changelog of what's changed on the userland side of things... I still have some things to add from stuff I did. Thanks!
    OK, I finally got around to building and signing a new image. All went fairly well - sorted out the NetLoc problem (thanks detule), and along with a lot of patches and fixes from detule as well, we have ourselves a great build!

I'm having a few troubles before I release, and want to make sure I iron everything out before I do...

So first, XTRA is now working out of the box. I got a GPS lock within a few seconds in my basement... so yea. Wow. NetLoc again is also working. There's some acoustic fixes, along with the Sprint MMS fix. Finally, the camcorder should be fixed. Now I still don't think the RHOD100 cam patches have made it to the kernel - but again, that's a kernel issue, nothing to do with the userland side of things. Plus with the new firmware and the new kernels, wifi tethering now works FLAWLESSLY!! Hooray! Kudos to hyc for finding that gem out...

Unfortunately I will still have to bundle .27 for the older devices, sorry folks. I know it hasn't had an update in ages, but as most of you already know the newer kernels are working really quite well.

On to the issues, hopefully dumb ones. First, I got GPS to give me a lock but it won't disappear from the status bar. I remember someone mentioning this, but I don't remember the solution other than rebooting. Is this a bug? Anyone else confirm/figure out the cause/fix for it?