[APP][2.2+] PCBTKeyboard - Use your PC, as android keyboard

Search This thread

D4rKn3sSyS

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 12, 2011
Medellín
Thanks for your feedback, new version announced, real time writing but no ability to write outside of app (you will have to write, and then copy /paste :))

EDIT: DONE!! check second post for changes

Last edited:

v6ser

Jan 16, 2012
Rome before, Brasilia now
Does it require Android 2.2 or higer? I can't install it on Android 2.1.

Yes, is required.

He said froyo or superior. :)

What is your cellphone?

Probably have an update for it.

Thanks for your feedback, new version announced, real time writing but no ability to write outside of app (you will have to write, and then copy /paste :))

EDIT: DONE!! check second post for changes

Update the thread one more time

Galaxy 5 - fixed(Rom problem before)

Toshiba folio 100 - fully working

Sent from my MadTeam Galaxy 5
using Tapatalk

Last edited:

trex3491

Jan 29, 2011
Devon
Great app! Thanks +1 on the Wi-Fi connection, and cant wait till its working outside the app again so could write emails, messages etc. Maybe be able to map keys to certain points on the screen so could play games such as GTA, only a thought.

Confirmed working on Samsung Galaxy S, running OneCosmics ICS 4.0.3

Thanks
:D

Sep 5, 2011
Nice app! Confirmed working on Htc Desire Bravo ICS 4.0.3 :D

I would like to help develop this app further, could you post the first release which is able to write outside the app.

D4rKn3sSyS

Jan 12, 2011
Medellín

lavero.burgos

Mar 5, 2011
Hello i saw this and fell in love with the idea but would be more functional if we could write outside the app and use it for write emails, sms, etc. I would love this to work in my nook tablet if possible when CM9 be out. ;).

~ Veronica

Last edited:

ragnartarod

Dec 29, 2011
Working fine. Great idea!!

Just tested it and working fine in my HTC DHD with ROM:4.0.3 AOSP-Virtuous Quattro RC3

Great idea BTW

jakis39

Nov 16, 2010
I'm sure that this has been brought up already, but:

A USB equivalent would be super nice. Where I work there is no wifi and my PC doesn't have bluetooth ;__;

I don't actually know how easy it would be to implement such a thing, but I'm just throwing it out there.

Sep 5, 2011
Another version of the application

Hey,

I also made such a app. (I hope this helps 2, if you find it helpful please move it to the first post :D thanks)

You can write outside the app and it is much faster than the first version that was posted on the thread (no disrespect intended - just found a method that works a little bit better, if it wasn't for you I would not have been motivated to develop it further)

I used the server that was posted in the first post, but modified it a little bit.

In contrast the implementation of android app is approached from a different direction. I believe it should work also on non-rooted devices.

I have tried it on my 2 devices:

Acer Iconia A100 rooted

HTC Desire rooted ICS 4.0.3

Before you start please follow these 2 rulese: (because I forgot to implement it)
1. Start bluetooth (it will not ask you to start it)
2. Before using it pair the device with your PC

For everyone how wants to help me or wants to develop the app in another direction I will gladly give you the source code.

Here are the download links: (sorry for the links but I am not allowed to post the yet)
Server:
dl. dropbox. com/u/53636046/BluetootPcKeyboardServer.rar
Apk:
dl. dropbox. com/u/53636046/BluetoothPcKeyboard.apk

Here are some screenshots:
dl. dropbox. com/u/53636046/20120208225245.png
dl. dropbox. com/u/53636046/20120208225416.png
dl. dropbox. com/u/53636046/20120208225447.png

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2011
Hey,

Pleas try it out, for the moment I do not have access to an unrooted phone but I believe it should work also on an unrooted phone

Please let me know if it dose, thanks.

D4rKn3sSyS

Jan 12, 2011
Medellín
Hey,

I also made such a app. (I hope this helps 2, if you find it helpful please move it to the first post :D thanks)

You can write outside the app and it is much faster than the first version that was posted on the thread (no disrespect intended - just found a method that works a little bit better, if it wasn't for you I would not have been motivated to develop it further)

I used the server that was posted in the first post, but modified it a little bit.

In contrast the implementation of android app is approached from a different direction. I believe it should work also on non-rooted devices.

I have tried it on my 2 devices:

Acer Iconia A100 rooted

HTC Desire rooted ICS 4.0.3

Before you start please follow these 2 rulese: (because I forgot to implement it)
1. Start bluetooth (it will not ask you to start it)
2. Before using it pair the device with your PC

For everyone how wants to help me or wants to develop the app in another direction I will gladly give you the source code.

Here are the download links: (sorry for the links but I am not allowed to post the yet)
Server:
dl. dropbox. com/u/53636046/BluetootPcKeyboardServer.rar
Apk:
dl. dropbox. com/u/53636046/BluetoothPcKeyboard.apk

Here are some screenshots:
dl. dropbox. com/u/53636046/20120208225245.png
dl. dropbox. com/u/53636046/20120208225416.png
dl. dropbox. com/u/53636046/20120208225447.png

I see you are using it as keyboard default input, pretty clever :D
I get an error when installing, seems to be you compiled for some newer version to gingerbread (honeycomb?). I would like to get a gingerbread version, and sources, we can work together, and even make it work over wifi, so reply me by PM.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok, today I made a Poll, asking if this was a good Idea. Even if low amount of people voted, I can see a high percent of them said is something cool. So here it Is, a Simple software made for using your pc / laptop with bluetooth, for writing into your android device ( even for playing! :) ), there are 2 apps, PC one (you need java installed), and android one, for Froyo or superior. Download is on second post.

NOTE: THIS APP NEEDS ROOT, BECAUSE USES CONSOLE COMMANDS FOR SIMULATE KEYPRESS!

Instructions:
    First youll have to sync your pc with your android device.
    then open PCBTKeyboard.jar, and press on "Start bluetooth connection" button
    Then open android app, and search on paired list (or press scan devices), your pc, and connect It.
    Finally, write on your pc, and it will be written on your phone

Some screenshots (pc and phone):
    23/01/2012
    Increased speed but removed ability to write outside the app.
    Added characters like !"#$%&/()=?¡¨*[].. etc
    12/01/2012
    First Release - Need testers on All devices

Official List of Current Working Devices:

Sony Ericsson Xperia Family - Fully working
    LG GT540 - Fully working
    Samsung Galaxy SII - Fully working
    LG Optimus 2x - Fully working
    Huawei u8800 -Fully working
    Galaxy tab -Fully working
    Acer Iconia A500 - Fully working
    Atrix 4G -Fully working
    Galaxy 5 - Fully working
    Toshiba folio 100 - Fully working
    Samsung Galaxy S - Fully working
    Htc Desire Bravo - Fully working
    Htc Desire HD - Fully working
    okay. so what do you actually mean with "sync"? Just pair it or what?
    Because i did pair my netbook and my U20i, then pressed on my netbook on the list of the paired devices, which then resulted in the "error connecting".

There's an option to sync, that willl show a code or somthing like that, on phone and pc, for better results, you should do that.

works on LG GT540 but some bugs :
    1-very slow response (writes the letter after 2-5 seconds) also when using backspace the box on pc is empty but letters are still there in phone
    2-After I change to another application it just write random letters of word e.g (If I write Market it write on phone "Ma" or "rk" etc...
    3-After a while of using I get this error on pc
    ca111pture.jpg

The slow response is normal behaviour, i need to find a better way to writing, also, for delete all characters you need to press back space, multiple times (not just hold pressed), ill work on that too.
    and the error maybe because you are using non allowed characters like ¡ or ?, wich android input keyevent and input text does not recognize. The random letters is weird, could i get a video on that? thanks.

btw, I can do software as fast as real time, but it will lost ability to write outside activity, and over any application